• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:55 AM

The following information may not work for everyone, but I've managed to eradicate ALL my hot flushes, night sweats and anxiety attacks.  For me it has been a life changer.  Here's what I did:

Menopause ass-kicking.  Step 1:

For 2 weeks I didn't drink any alcohol, or caffeine, replacing both with (Red) Raspberry Leaf Tea.  I also avoided all spicy food, especially chilli!

There was a huge reduction in the big 3 symptoms.

Menopause ass-kicking.  Step 2:

I went to a health food shop and purchased:

40mg tablets Black Cohosh

300mg tablets St John's Wort

*I wasn't taking any other medication, and I don't have any long term health issues.

I took 1 of each tablet, every night, with my dinner.  I still do.  Within 3 days, all of the big 3 symptoms had gone, and still have.  Occasionally, when I get stressed (yelling at teenagers gets stressful!), I can feel myself warming up a bit, but it goes nowhere.

Menopause ass-kicking.  Step 3:

After 2 weeks of taking the magic root and herb combo, I had a cheeky glass of wine (or 3!) with absolutely no ill effects.  I now find that I can have the occasional alcoholic beverage, and drink tea (English - contains lots of caffeine), with none of the evil symptoms rearing their ugly heads.  Though I must confess that after a months total abstinence, I don't drink either nearly half as much as I used to.

I really hope this helps someone else, and any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Be nice or go away!

#2 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

I would suggest this to my wife but there is no way she could not drink wine for 2 weeks... impossible.

#3 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

Thank you very much. I will be book marking this. Not quite there yet (37) but already I can feel the sands shifting between my feet and suspect the change may not be too far away...

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#4 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:17 PM

@Llyr, good grief LOL

@Roanna, the thing to beware of, which has happened to all the women I know, is the sudden onset of completely random anxiety/depression.  No-one was prepared for it, and when it suddenly hits you, even if you are prepared for it, it can be quite debilitating.  It has nothing to do with the real world, and everything to do with a drop in oestrogen.  And, it's something that doesn't seem to be discussed openly.  Be prepared and spread the word x

Be nice or go away!

#5 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:12 PM

Question:

I just had a Mirena IUD removed (this was not the surgery I have been referencing, but was done at the same time).  Anyway, I am 39- probably premenopausal to begin with.  This was my second Mirena I had back to back.  So basically I have had a significant amount of extra progesterone for the last 12 years.  Now it is gone.  I am having some kind of progesterone withdrawal I guess, because my emotions are all over the map.  I am always very close to tears, and I want to kill people.  Any suggestions ladies?  I have enough shit going on this month without this additional bit of fun thrown in to make ma feel like a crazy person...

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#6 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I thought maybe just the black cohosh- but I don't know what hormone that replaces or if it even work like that.

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

Oh and some hot flashes too..

#8 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:50 PM

I really don't know about the Progesterone, but basically, Black Cohosh has a similar effect on the body as Oestrogen, even though it's not a plant hormone.

I shall go and do some research...

Be nice or go away!

#9 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

I'm think I'm just going to try it. If it isn't a plant estrogen but somehow behaves like it may help. As far as mood and hot flashes and such I think the two hormones act the same. The only issue is if it were an actual estrogen I think it could worsen the imbalance. I SHOULD know this myself but it's not my area of expertise.
Or just killing someone, that may help. I had my lawyer in my crosshairs, but alas I still need him.

#10 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

If you killed someone, while you were 'hormonally imbalanced', could you plead temporary insanity?

Just a thought.  Not a good one, but a thought nonetheless:)

Be nice or go away!

#11 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

If you killed someone, while you were 'hormonally imbalanced', could you plead temporary insanity?

Just a thought.  Not a good one, but a thought nonetheless:)

You know, I'm not convinced this hasn't been attempted at some point?? Perhaps in the time of the floating uterus. I'd have to research it more thoroughly. 

#12 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, I think it has been entered as a form of an insanity plea. Which in reality I find offensive- the whole concept that women have some special "excuse" for misbehaving.
...on the other hand I DO feel kind of insane at the moment . :):):)

Edited 'cause my stupid smiley emoticon didn't work.

Edited by Oroboros, 17 May 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#13 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

Seriously 'youngsters' lol, be prepared.

The hormonal drop hit me over the Christmas holidays.  I had been feeling 'low' for a few days and really could find no logical reason for it.  Then I woke up one morning and literally almost lost the will to live.  I have NEVER experienced anything like this before.  If it hadn't been for the kids, I wouldn't have got out of bed.  Everything felt like too much.  Why take a shower?  What's the point?  I'll only get dirty again tomorrow.

I know this sounds crazy, it's sounds crazy to me now.  But there aren't words to describe how 'desolate?' I felt.  Luckily, for me, I have the kids.  I got up and did my thing, and was crying by the time I phoned my friend, who has also experienced the same thing.  She forced me to shower and get dressed and go for a walk.  Somehow, my sanity kicked in, and I realised that I had to take action.  (She is currently taking anti-depressants). 

Unfortunately/fortunately?, the only harm I was thinking about doing, was to myself.

And all this, because of a sudden, massive drop in oestrogen.

I know the doctors talk about 'mood swing's, but ALL the women I've since spoken to, have suffered some form of  anxiety/depression, and most have never discussed it openly with anyone else.

We just 'get on with it'!

Sorry to put a downer on my usual jokey posts, but I want to leave this, lying around on the interweb, in the hope that it may help someone else in a similar position, who doesn't have a life-saving friend to call.

And so, back to the serious business of imaginary forum broomparks :)

Be nice or go away!

#14 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm dehydrated from crying. It's utterly fucking ridiculous. I'm not gonna lie, I cry at like EVERY movie normally.:) BUT this is like just just random hysteria. I'm pissing MYSELF off.
AND I feel like I have had a lobotomy. I was talking to my daughter yesterday and just stopped mid-sentence, when she asked me what I was saying, it was really weird. Like I HEARD MYSELF talking and then stop, but I had no more clue what the hell I was talking about than if it were a stranger talking -none notta.

WTF?!

#15 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Oh, and how long does it take for Black Cohosh to do something... I assume weeks like most herbal remedies of that nature, but I was hoping it was one of the oddballs that would work more quickly?

#16 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

Oroboros I really suggest having your sex hormones tested. The have to be done on the proper cycle day. That way supplementing can be more accurate Imo.

#17 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:31 AM

I appreciate the thoughtful advice. In my case the levels are going to be in flux for a while as my system regulates, so I think what they are this month would be different next month and so on. I'm probably going to have to do trial and error.

#18 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

O, I can't believe I didn't mention the memory thing.  I kept 'losing' words.  I'd be in the middle of a sentence and couldn't seem to find the word to complete it.  My brain would be fishing around for it, and find it a few moments later.  Again, apparently this is 'normal'.

Be nice or go away!

#19 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

The Black Cohosh worked for me in a matter of days.

Be nice or go away!

#20 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:46 PM

O, I can't suggest Susun Weed's Meopausal book for you strongly enough.

http://www.amazon.co..._=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

I don't know what the difference is between the old and the new book.  I had the original (a friend swiped it LOL - linked to above).

I even ordered fresh black cohosh root.  Good luck gagging it down.  A friend of mine was able to by mixing it with Dr. Pepper.  The simple tincture made at home tastes horrid.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.