Photo
- - - - -

Differences in self since beginning to practise?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:13 AM

I used to read all the time, I was a book-a-holic. My husband at the time would lecture me about reading certain classics that he read and how I should read them and be a big smartypants like him. I didn't want to read them and I didn't have to read them and finally I told him to 'shut up' because I had only observed him to have read a single book in 20 years. All his 'big reading' had been done in college. He never brought that topic up again. 

That was off topic, sorry..As for differences in self since beginning to practice, they are extreme. I couldn't even answer that question. 

Edited by Belle, 25 June 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#42 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

Hamlet:

There's letters seal'd, and my two schoolfellows,
Whom I will trust as I will adders fang'd—
They bear the mandate, they must sweep my way
And marshal me to knavery. Let it work;
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard, an't shall go hard
But I will delve one yard below their mines
And blow them at the moon.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#43 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

r.e. The OP

Well, in all areas of life I am always learning and examining things from different perspectives. But as far a DIFFERENCES in myself since beginning practice that pertain or are a result of practice and the path-
I'd say it's more about awareness and less about change. Acknowledging and uncovering what was always there. Fanning a flame. Learning to regognize, acknowledge, and honor this me. The me that is not chained and covered by suffocating layers and senseless rules, placed on me by society, bad relationships, and worse myself.
And this is a work that I recognize will never be done, but continuing it is part of honoring what had once been hidden.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#44 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:58 PM

Like many others, I was more timid/anxious/low confidence and now I feel powerful. I'm also much more self-reliant. I don't worry about death or the future much anymore. I feel grounded and whole.

#45 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

I've had a few breakthroughs lately and I have really become a person who doesn't take crap anymore. I feel much more confident and able to handle most things that come my way. I don't stress out about the things I had been stressing for a long time. You know what? This is who I was originally, I don't know what happened during my 20s but I somehow became broken. I feel back and better than ever now.

#46 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Love this thread - it's full of great ideas.

I'm still new in my path but the biggest change is that I have stopped giving my rational brain full control over every aspect of life. I have always lived in my head.

This path is reconnecting me to nature and to other levels of knowing - intuition, energy and through journeying, other world. I am getting to know myself and how to work with my shadow side.

My only sadness is that while I love this forum I think I need to step back from it for a while. There is so much information I am like a greedy child in a sweet shop running from jar to jar. I think I need to take some time away from reading and learning (the living in my head bit) to actually doing. So thanks for everything so far :)