Photo
- - - - -

Do you have any daily divination rituals?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

Right now I look forward to my alone quite time to do this. I go to my office/spiritual room, and sit in silence, meditate for a few moments, and then either pull an oracle card, or tarot card. 

#2 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

I use a lot of divination in my day to day life, but I also recognize a need to not live from one reading to the next, if that makes sense.

I've always pulled a tarot card a day to help me sit with the cards and learn them more intimately. My intention with the daily draw is no to so much to predict what the day will be like or anything like that, but to possibly add some perspective on the events of the day as they progress. Then I'll reflect on it at the end of the day. I just started the practice of drawing a rune daily as well, because I am trying to learn the runes and my experience with tarot shows me that this is a good way to learn them.

These daily draws are a good way for my ancestors or helpers to reach me when needed, but I have no expectation for them to show up every day and give me some miraculous insight. But ironically, these usually are pretty fruitful.

For more in-depth readings, I try not to do them too often or I get obsessive. I have a spread that I use each new moon and ones for each Sabbat. If I have a specific question or plan on doing a major working, I'll do an appropriate reading.

In the past, when I've caught myself doing too many "boredom" readings (just for the heck of it) I've found that they either just echo the previous major readings, or send me round in circles without actually saying anything. I've learned to trust my spirit-helpers to give me an adequate sign in nature or synchronicity to let me know when they have something specific to tell me, and then I might consult the cards for clarification. But I try not to bother them too much.

#3 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

Normally it involves my morning cigarette and some jumble of my dreams from the night before and what's actually going on in my life.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#4 Jaesin

Jaesin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:05 AM

For me, its a morning coffee on the porch and reading the "runes" in the trees, bushes, etc.  But I would extend that further as I always pay attention to such things as I go about throughout my day, from cracks in the road, patterns in the sand, to branches of a bush, etc.  Runes are everywhere, But I especially like to read them in natural settings, so the morning coffee ritual is the best for me.

Living the Old Ways in new days,

Jaesin Thorn FB

#5 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:05 PM

When i was learning tarot I used to do daily meditations and readings with the cards, but now I only use them when I want specific guidance....

I dont have a "every single day" divination I do, as I dont need that much divination, but I often work with mapcho (tobacco) smoke for divination or rape' snuff for insight.  Ask a question, smoke or snuff, and then see where my intuition leads me...

#6 bastetsha

bastetsha

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

I keep a journal where I pull a tarot card and a rune for the day. It has been helping me a lot. I also do spreads when I need something answered or to talk to my spirit guides.

#7 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:01 AM

I just started a journal and it is helping tremendously. To learn my intuition of the divination more thoroughly as well as text book interpretations of the cards.

#8 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:29 AM

I write and draw. It's not a journal, it's a scribble pad basically. The pictures and the words give me clues about what I need to know for the day.

I have been doing this for years in one way or another. I used to save everything but now I just cut out the things I want to save and put them in a binder with page protectors. It's really helpful to look back and see how things played out. 

I think the process of doing that every day is important.

#9 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

I read my cards (seven) every morning, followed by a cup of tea and a smoke!  I always try to heed the warnings and do my best to make sure that the day turns out OK.

Be nice or go away!

#10 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

PS Whatever happened to Jaesin Thorn??

Be nice or go away!

#11 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

I never realized he was here....haha.....

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#12 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

I have recently purchased a Rider Waite Tarot Deck and have much to learn on the subject. This is one area that I know nothing about but I am now fascinated with it.

Can I ask... How do you read each card.... do you look at the picture and describe what you see is happening in the picture and attach that to your current situation or the question that you have asked?

#13 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:51 AM

I have a couple of books that I absolutely love and have in-depth analysis of the cards, rather than just a few sentences I found in a lot of books. When I was first starting out I would draw a few cards and read what each book had to say about it’s meaning, then I would meditate on what I felt applied (I found, since I use the Scapini deck, rather than something more popular like the Rider-Waite deck, not everything the books said applied to my deck).

As I’ve gotten better, and don’t need the books, I use my intuition and the pictures more often, but backed up with the years of book reading I did along with drawing the cards.

For example, I had a question today and I drew The Empress, and I swear she was giving me a “come on, behave yourself” look that absolutely answered my question. I've drawn that card hundreds of times, but my mind doesn't always see that look in her face. I would suggest reading as many different sources as you can, and then letting your intuition guide you on the "correct" translation for your question. 

#14 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:51 AM

Each card has a specific meaning assigned to it; Death represents the ending of a major part of your life, etc. You just kind of have to work on remembering what meaning is attached to which card.

#15 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

Right, it's good to start with the accepted meanings and try to learn them, but then after a while they start to speak to you a little differently at different times and that's a good thing. Sometimes stuff will jump out like Odalibuc described. Sometimes you'll look at a reversed card and realize it looks like something else is happening in it. For example, someone pouring something into a cup will look a cup spilling in reversed...that can hold a symbolic meaning. The strength card reversed might appear like the lion is overpowering the woman which may make you think that things have gotten out of control, when another time a reversal of the Strength card just means that your own strength is hidden from you.

One day I pulled a card that had a caduceus on part of it, but the meaning of the card just wasn't speaking to me at all in a way that was relevant to anything I was experiencing. Later that day, I saw the caduceus symbol at a synchronous time when I needed to make a decision, and then I realized why it had shown up in the reading.

I reccomended meditating with the cards to learn them, starting with the Major Arcana, which should feel a bit like the narrative to a story or lifeline. The different suits have their own over-arching narrative as well which can sometimes affect your reading. You can get books that interpret all the symbolism in the cards or let them reveal themselves to you as you need them. I find the symbols or numbers catch my attention right when I need them to, and then I can dive into their interpretation.

#16 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

Good good, I will take that on board thanks :)

#17 Guest_SorcererSupreme_*

Guest_SorcererSupreme_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

I drink coffee.

Every 4 hours, my Circadian Rhythms get lower. 3 am is the lowest they become.

So i take Coffee with French Vanilla Creamer and some sugar.

The coffee will keep me awake, the sugar will make me crash, (get tired) but it's a temporary crash, I can push pass this and maintain wakefulness but it's a Bitch.

I drink this brew at either 9 or 12 o'clock, so that by the Witching Hours, for me it's both 3 am and 3 pm. Those are the times I Astral project the most. If I drink the brew at 9, by 12 I will feel the effects coming on. It takes like 3 hours before the shit starts to work. Also 3 o'clock is when our Circadian Rhythms are at their lowest.
I've had Astral Projections at 12, 3, 6, & at 9 o'clocks too.

But mostly I'll have lucid dreams or regular dreams that have some numbers in them, which I use to play on the small lotteries.

I've won 237 on Pick 3 and 4.
First time I played I won $500 on a Pick 3. I got the number I saw in Meditation.

At this frequency, it's not luck, it's skill.

Edited by SorcererSupreme, 18 September 2017 - 05:41 AM.