• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Season 5 is on!  :happydance:  I found that out this week and watched the first two, and just finished the third episode a little while ago. So far I've already cried a couple of times. The actors are on the top of their game, and already there are some interesting and promising twists. And (not ruining anything here but...) Astrology is getting some really great (though not entirely realistic, sometimes) shoutouts this season. :sunny:  I advise all Fillorians to catch up!!! :rofl:

Edited by phantasmagoria, 01 February 2020 - 08:53 AM.

#22 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

Still hooked!  said the Hedgehog!

#23 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

You know, when you wrote that about the hedgehog, I thought, what? But didn't say anything... then I watched the preview for next episode and the actress that plays Alice said something afterward about Hedgehogs... so I googled "magicians syfy hedgehog" and found nothing! Has my memory gone and left me?

#24 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

Well that is weird, I was just refering to myself as being a Hedgehog.  Living under the radar and being a bit prickly.  I don't mind the title "Hedge Witch"

I will have to watch and see what Alice means about the Hedgehogs.

#25 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:42 PM

Wow, that IS really weird...

it wasn't a preview for the next episode itself, but of some of the actors out of character, joking, like a sort of "break time" clip. If I can find it again I'll link it here.

Yes, I claim the term "hedgewitch" myself. Which, in The Magicians world, is not entirely correct, because I did go to a "Wizard's college" and have a certificate, but only a level 1 of 2 so far. So, sort of an inverse Zelda, or a Julia sort if her timelines were conflated, or a Kady, but I was never expelled (though I did try to have myself expelled once, and failed, thank goodness!!!). Both Hedge and Order :) Schrodingers' Witch!

Edited by phantasmagoria, 04 February 2020 - 09:45 PM.

#26 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:19 PM

Even weirder, I couldn't find the clip anywhere. But I did find a couple other choice ones:

https://www.facebook...26141324094666/

#27 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:16 PM

Well that was fun,  except the singing part!  Would'nt you just die if one of the Magicians picked you up in a ride share car!

#28 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:48 PM

Aw, I liked the singing! And yeah... omg. Fangirl central!!! I'd scream, and probably squeal.

The book burning scene... oh my. Sorry Onyx!!!!! I was horrified but would have done the same thing. These characters are really having to make some tough choices lately. I'm a bit concerned for the position that Margo and Eliot are in, but they will manage to work it out. Glad to see the Fairy Eye coming back into the plot.

#29 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:25 PM

I must have missed the book burning!   But last night's episode when they all were in a time loop and it kept being ground hog day over and over again was cool.  They tried to move the Moon, but they broke it. and it was the end of the world.  Over and over again.  My main point of this story was the ritual that they used to move the moon was so cool.  I wonder how much practice they did to perfect the gestures.

#30 phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:32 PM

I feel terribly for Alice. She really hasn't gotten a fair break in a long time. And, from my research on fan forums, people hate on her the most. But, now it's pretty much indisputable that she is loyal AF. I hope she can get her fingers back, or some magical-cyborgic replacement, a la Margo's eye.

I'm enjoying the Penny/Plum time travel storyline. I have to say, the way they present the "flying by the seat of your pants" aspect of the life of a traveler is pretty spot-on, and how the show addresses the race issue is done well. "let me guess, you're traveling Mystics?"

I was so impressed with how they made Fogg look 30 years younger!

"The moon is a wiley cunt" :lol:

I want to see the Fairies have something to do with saving Fillory.

Edited by phantasmagoria, 08 March 2020 - 06:30 AM.

#31 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

"

I was so impressed with how they made Fogg look 30 years younger!

"The moon is a wiley cunt" :lol:

I want to see the Fairies have something to do with saving Fillory.

Yes!

Yes!

and Yes, that would be great!