Photo
- - - - -

I think something or someone is trying to contact me.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:08 AM

And the sidebar continues....
You literally CAN'T accurately diagnose a thyroid disorder by TSH alone- so your right- fire that doctor. TSH stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. TSH is produced by the PITUITARY through a complex feedback loop and stimulates the thyroid to do its thing. The relevancy of TSH is the fact that if the body senses a deficiency of thyroid hormones the pituitary will secrete excess TSH in an attempt to make the thyroid do its job. So if your TSH is high it can mean your thyroid is underactive and if it's low it can mean you thyroid is overactive. But this is an indirect measurement of thyroid function and can be inaccurate. The hypothalamus, pituitary and thyroid are only part of the picture and a problem with any of them can effect TSH. So yes, no doc should be treating based on TSH only.

To be clear, last I checked I do not actually have a thyroid problem :), I was just joking before because I need to lose weight!

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#22 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

Oh!!! Lmao! I thought you meant you were hypo! Glad you aren't! For general weight loss I recommend my fitness pal. Also strength training helped me the most! (at one point lost 130lbs with a mix of weight lifting and cardio! ) it's a pain in the butt, literally.. But helps keep motivation up as you feel yourself getting stronger.

#23 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:25 AM

Agreed, just need to get back on track AND accept that my 39year old self can not still eat everything she wants like my 29year old self could:).

#24 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:52 AM

If you ever want any advice or motivation please don't hesitate to ask. I LOVE helping people with this kind of thing~ All the best. 

#25 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:23 AM

Thanks, sorry we derailed the crap out of your post.:)