Photo
- - - - -

I think something or someone is trying to contact me.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:00 AM

I'm sorry but I posted this in the wrong sub forum before and I'm not sure how to delete it.

I hope this is okay to post here, as I am not sure if anyone believes or works with "spirit guides , guardian angels" . I myself am not sure what I believe. My intrigue started when I found someone on facebook who did a spirit guide reading for me, who claimed she could actually speak to spirit guides. She is well known on a witchcraft community that I belong to, so I gave it a shot. I honestly wasn't impressed, but i knew which oracle deck she used, so I decided to get the deck and see how I felt about them, and maybe learn something along the way.

So for 5 out of 6 days, I have been focusing on this in my mind, and outloud " I am reaching out to my spirit guides, what advice do you have for me today" and I shuffle the deck a ton, and cut the deck three times. I have gotten the same card 5 out of 6 days now. The Guardian Angel card, which means " The presence of this card indicates your need for reassurance, direction or protection and invites you to enter silence and connect with your guardian angel. Raise the vibration of your request by being mindful of the quality of your thoughts and questions, as this in turn affects the response you will be given. Be patient and listen carefully as our angels often communicate in unexpected ways, but always in accordance with the perfection of divine timing. Now to me when I read guardian angel, I think spirit guide.

This is the vintage wisdom oracle cards by Victoria Moseley. 52 cards

While I was driving today, I thought to myself " Okay I am going to do a reading today and if I get that card I know something is up, and if I dont, I will consider it to be a coincidence.

Well I got it today, and am just floored. Its hard to believe I could pull the same card this many times by coincidence.

What do you guys think? Ive been doing research on this and as with most things, there are so many different opinions on the topic. I tried a guided spirit guide meditation yesterday, and just saw the color green.

Thank you so much for reading
Kalinia's PhotoKalinia
Today, 03:13 PM
Okay, I just did it again. Shuffled shuffled shulffled, cut the deck three times. Said " Spirit guides, I am reaching out to you, what can I do to communicate with you more" ? And I got the same guardian angel card.....

#2 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

My question is -your now at 6 out of 7 times in a row.... why are you using the cards if you are this incredulous?

Yes, someone or something is trying to contact you.

Makes me wonder how many times you would re-do a pregnancy test:).

I personally am more comfortable with and familiar with spirit guide than guardian angel. However, there are folks here more qualified than myself to discuss whether or not guardian angels exist.

But something, yes, sure enough, I'd say so. Why not ask it?

I would also be super curious what kind of reading you would pull with a different deck...

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#3 Aina

Aina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

So for 5 out of 6 days, I have been focusing on this in my mind, and outloud " I am reaching out to my spirit guides, what advice do you have for me today" and I shuffle the deck a ton, and cut the deck three times. I have gotten the same card 5 out of 6 days now. The Guardian Angel card, which means " The presence of this card indicates your need for reassurance, direction or protection and invites you to enter silence and connect with your guardian angel. Raise the vibration of your request by being mindful of the quality of your thoughts and questions, as this in turn affects the response you will be given. Be patient and listen carefully as our angels often communicate in unexpected ways, but always in accordance with the perfection of divine timing. Now to me when I read guardian angel, I think spirit guide.

5 out of 6 days? Did you not like the answer you got the first time? Have you done what the cards stated to do?

I make spirit contact usually through meditation. Are guardian angels and spirit guides the same thing? I don't work with guardian angels, that's why I'm asking.

What do you guys think? Ive been doing research on this and as with most things, there are so many different opinions on the topic. I tried a guided spirit guide meditation yesterday, and just saw the color green.

I think you got your answer already the first 5 times you asked the question. Does the color green mean anything to you?

#4 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

Well it was a daily reading. It's not like was asking the same non general question every day. Just a daily one card pull

#5 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

But ty for the replies. I was just trying to start a conversation and see what others thought and have experienced.

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

I've found that coincidences don't really happen, usually it is a synchronicity.  For me meeting with personal guides was through an intensive astral and construct building exercise.  There is also always a bit of caution to use when contacting the Other, especially for guidance, spirits lie.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#7 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

Well it was a daily reading. It's not like was asking the same non general question every day. Just a daily one card pull

But ty for the replies. I was just trying to start a conversation and see what others thought and have experienced.

---------

Hmm, it sounds as though, something about one or both of our replies put you on the defense- which certainly was not my intention (and though I can not speak for her, since she tends to be more tactful than myself, I do not think that was Aina's intent either.)

Let me try this again...

I was just commenting in another thread, that I have had and still have the tendency to over analyze and scrutinize things in an attempt to be sure what I am experiencing is valid.  It is a good quality, that can become a fault in our world very quickly.  I have missed who knows how many opportunities doing that.   So when I read this...

"While I was driving today, I thought to myself " Okay I am going to do a reading today and if I get that card I know something is up, and if I dont, I will consider it to be a coincidence. 

Well I got it today, and am just floored. Its hard to believe I could pull the same card this many times by coincidence."

...I'm thinking, your over thinking. :)   It is statistically impossible for that to happen randomly.   I have always been a scientific type thinker.  However, if I am to try to make magic follow those rules "test only one variable at a time, and be sure to take a statistically significant sample to base your results upon"  I would miss a lot.  I think it is very important to be level headed, sane, not see what you want to see and fool yourself- so there is a very important role for some critical thinking and rational here.  You can find scores of folks on line that utterly lack this critical thinking- BUT there is a balance, and I personally am finding that if your focus is validating everything, you may miss out on a lot. 

Imagine this:  So, whomever is trying to communicate, with great perseverance.  If I were that entity and you seem to be missing(or questioning) what I am saying the first several times, I would probably try saying something different to get my point across - that could mean a different card in this case.  If you are still in the testing and validating phase and you start pulling a different card, you will then think "oh, well maybe it was a fluke, I'm not getting it anymore."  Meanwhile, said entity is beating its head against the wall, going "no, no, no, you didn't believe it the first 5 times, so I thought I should say it a different way."  Just a thought- just trying to be helpful.

As far as "guardian angels" vs "spirit guides"...

Well, you know, different cultures, different belief systems, different titles.  I have had someone or one(s) with me for some time now.  One is a female ancestor for sure.  The concept of spirit guides is an area I am very eager to become more familiar with, but at this point I don't feel I have enough experience to comment with confidence.  Also, as far as I know there are folks on here who work with angels, there are definitely those who work with spirit guides.  Hopefully someone with more experience can tell you if there is a significant difference between the two beyond persons giving them one title or the other based on their belief system.  I think some would say guides are astral and angels are ethereal, but that is way out of my scope to be honest.

On a practical note:  In my opinion, what REALLY matters at the moment, is something REALLY wants to tell you something.  I made the comment about, I wonder what you would get with a different deck, because I tend to think it may have chosen the most appropriate card in that deck and it may be very interesting to see what it would choose in another deck.  But anyway, my two cents:

Caps is absolutely right, proceed with caution, use your protections, feel things out.  What better way to get someone to let their guard down than to claim to be an angel... But if you feel safe doing so- acknowledge it, and attempt to communicate with it using whatever method you are already familiar, comfortable and confident with.  It is not every day something makes such a deliberate and persistent attempt at communication.  So, while I think the whole topic of guardian angels and spirit guides is worthwhile and interesting and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say- it seems like the bigger urgent point is something really wants your attention, whatever it may be.  

Edited by Oroboros, 14 February 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#8 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

I've had to learn to just trust my instincts and not do repeated divination for the same question(it annoys the cards, lol). Pay a lot of attention to your dreams and visions. And, obviously, the color green. ;) Sounds like you're in the right track. There are no coincidences.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#9 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:03 PM

Meditate upon it. Don't travel if you're not familiar or ready for it. Perhaps it's not time to get to know them yet, they're present, they're there, take your time. Don't push. I once heard of a spiritualiist church near me who apparently sent angels to people using color meditations, dunno if it's accurate or not as I've never worked with that sort of thing, but that's what your recollection reminded me of. This church says that certains types of angels show up in what we see as different shades of colored light and surround the person in a bubble of it. Why not meditate and ask it? But the above mentioned tidbit - "spirits lie" - is very true. 

RSKHFMY

#10 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Oh I'm sorry if that came off as defensive! Just wasnt sure if my initial post came off as annoying lol.its hard to tell through text. After reading the replies I felt a bit stupid even though that was definitely not the responders fault, just my again over thinking! Which is an eye opener that I needed.

This is just something so new to me. I'm in a weird head space lately so I am reaching out to see what others experience. It's so interesting to me!

I definitely do over think things. A terrible anxiety mindset. I plan on taking the advice here and really exploring this more. I appreciate all of the replies, thank you!

#11 Aina

Aina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

Uh, I was under the impression it was the same question for you posted "So for 5 out of 6 days, I have been focusing on this in my mind, and outloud " I am reaching out to my spirit guides, what advice do you have for me today" and I shuffle the deck a ton, and cut the deck three times. I have gotten the same card 5 out of 6 days now. "

---------

Hmm, it sounds as though, something about one or both of our replies put you on the defense- which certainly was not my intention (and though I can not speak for her, since she tends to be more tactful than myself, I do not think that was Aina's intent either.)

TY Oroboros...lol. I guess I should have thrown a smiley face in there somewhere. I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything with my comment/questions either.

When you received your first reading from the Witch from another community you belong(ed) to, did she pull the same card as you've been pulling?

Changing your deck might be a good idea, as has been stated already. I feel decks are personal. The deck I use spoke to me. There was an instant connection. It's also the first deck I've ever used/owned. I've never received a reading from another person before. I guess I really don't like anybody that much to do one for me :o .

What I was getting from the info you posted about the Guardian Angel card, is that someone is trying to contact you. Meditation clicked for me when I read "enter silence". You seem to be looking for reassurance that the message you were getting was correct, which was part of the card's message as well - "The presence of this card indicates your need for reassurance, direction or protection...".

You've made contact with something. The question is, what did you make contact with? It could be a spirit guide, guardian angel, ancestor or something that wants to fuck with you. As Caps stated, "There is also always a bit of caution to use when contacting the Other, especially for guidance, spirits lie.". 

I already have spirits and ancestors I work with on a regular basis, so when I make contact with a new spirit, I always have them with me. For instance, when I begin a meditation session, I call forth my ancestors and then the main spirit I work with and have worked with the longest. Strange shit always happens to me when I meditate, so for me their presence is needed.

So, if you haven't already done so, work on getting your protection together and then go from there but always use caution. And pay attention to everything. My ancestors send me messages through dreams. I also tend to get visits from animals a lot.

#12 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

Exploring with caution that is. These types of things do tend to make me feel a bit fearful. I've been feeling really lost and empty spiritually lately. I am hoping to find my way even more.

#13 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

I'm sorry for being so soft lol. Very hormonal :P I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to respond to me. Will read through it more and follow through with the advice and suggestions

#14 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

It is very hard to follow nuances in writing- there are 100 ways to interpret some statements without inflection or expression to guide you.  There is nothing to apologize for:).

As far as being fearful, that may mean you are not in a mental, emotional, or spiritual place of readiness for something or it may be your gut warning you.  Only you can know which.  But don't ignore it.  Fear always has to be dealt with, sometimes that means confronting, sometimes it means running away because something is actually dangerous.  Think about how you felt when you were doing these readings.  Go back and remember if you felt, peace, or fear, or excitement or what, during each event.   You might have more answers already than you realize.  Certainly don't force anything that makes you uncomfortable until and unless your are very sure and very ready.  

#15 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

That is incredibly helpful advice. It's so hard for me to know because I am dealing with an over active thyroid and general anxiety disorder so I have bouts of anxiety out of no where.

6 out of the 7 times I felt good. Excited, curious, intrigued. When I did the spirit guide guided meditation I felt a little emotional. The last time I felt a bit of anxiety because it was just so much that I wasn't used to.

I will definitely proceed with caution and try to learn more before diving in.

#16 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

Can you push that extra thyroid activity my way? Trying to lose weight:).

Jk, I hope your health improves.

Edited by Oroboros, 15 February 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#17 Aina

Aina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Meditation and mantras have helped with my anxiety.

#18 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

Oro- I wish I could give ya just enough to equal us both out! Have you ever tried nature thyroid or armour? Or a mix of t3 and t4? I keep reading that that helps people with hypo feel better and lose weight.

Aina - I definitely have to start doing that more

#19 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

Have you ever tried nature thyroid or armour? Or a mix of t3 and t4? I keep reading that that helps people with hypo feel better and lose weight.

---

I can't help but jump on board about this health tangent...

I was on Synthroid for 1.5 years, Armour for 10 years, and have been on Naturethroid for 2 months.  When doctors are hesitant to switch patients from Synthroid to Armour, it's a legitimate reaction on their part: never before with a medication have I ever had so many problems with inconsistent availability, wildly changing prices, and constant formula changes.  But even with all that hassle, it was still WAY better than Synthroid.  I switched to Naturethroid recently and will use no other brand: 75 years of being on the market, and they have had zero product recalls and are the only allergen-free thyroid medication available.  Since switching, I have lost the "brain fog" and GI issues that I endured on Armour.

Oh, and the ease of which I am able to practice witchcraft has improved as well.  Much easier to focus your intent when you don't have to fight a hormonally-imbalanced body!  ;)

#20 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

That's so great to hear that you found what works for you! What I am learning through this ordeal is that most endos have no idea what they are doing. It's scary. They go by tsh and that's it. My Dr now does but he looks at over all picture and free t3 and t4 as well. Please if anyone is struggling, find a doctor who will listen and not just go off of tsh.

Sorry this went off topic!