• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Picked some mugwort up yesterday and smoked a little bit this morning.
Was very smooth and light if that makes since.
Looking forward to trying it in a tea as well.
Gonna make a smoking blend of it with yarrow and Damiana.

Long live the snake, Long live the Devil-

Spite Cult.

#42 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

GhostAndTheWolf, I have had very interesting results from smoking mugwort before bed. No effort falling asleep whatsoever, and dreams like you wouldn't believe...some were more than dreams, if you catch my drift. I've also used it once or twice now as an aid for hedge work and it definitely helped.
True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#43 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

MuireAnne.
Yeah I will smoke another with a little bit of the other herbs I got before I sleep tonight.
Really looking forward to it!

Spite Cult.

#44 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Hey anyone have any tips on soaking these herbs so they are not burning off so fast when smoking them?
I dabbled some water on them and that seems to kinda help but I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it.
Id like to make it more along the lines of smoking tobacco leaf.

Spite Cult.

#45 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Hey anyone have any tips on soaking these herbs so they are not burning off so fast when smoking them?
I dabbled some water on them and that seems to kinda help but I was just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on it.
Id like to make it more along the lines of smoking tobacco leaf.

Add a sugary liquid. I like using things like apple juice, cider, a weak booze, etc. Dampen the mixture and let it dry until it sticks together when pinched but isn't in danger of molding easily. Also resinous compounds help, like benzoin, copal, pine resin, etc.

RSKHFMY

#46 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Cool thanks RS.
I've flavored my own tobacco in the past and thought it'd be the same but I wasn't sure.
The cider sounds good.
I have essential oils and in that I have a handful of tree resins but it's said that it's unsafe to burn EO's.

Spite Cult.

#47 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

Went ahead and wettened my Mug/Dam herbs with organic apple cider.
Smells great after it dries ill try it out.

Spite Cult.

#48 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Add a sugary liquid. I like using things like apple juice, cider, a weak booze, etc. Dampen the mixture and let it dry until it sticks together when pinched but isn't in danger of molding easily. Also resinous compounds help, like benzoin, copal, pine resin, etc.

What about honey? I'm just curious, I've never tried to add anything to a smoke able herb but I also have the same issue with overly dry herbs.

True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#49 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

Watered down honey would work. Normal honey wouldn't dry quite right

RSKHFMY

#50 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

I see. I might just try it out. Thanks!

#51 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

I dried a bit in apple cider last night and this morning it looks pretty good. Smells good and looks to be dry enough to still smoke.

Spite Cult.

#52 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Lol, I would like to thank everyone involved in this topic..
before.. i only burned mugwort as an incense blend.. then.. after reading this page.. i tried smoking it a week or two ago... holy. Fucking. Shit.
I used to get sleep paralysis, which used to be a fucking nightmare, until I taught myself to control it and turn it into lucid dreaming and just.. float around and get to hallucinate without taking illegal drugs.... but that only happens on days when I don’t take ANY substances... at all... so lets just say.. it was a rare occurance... so... I started smoking mugwort... and BAM!
Vivid dreams.. Lucid dreams... no nightmares... I actually look forward to sleeping now...

so... my adderall kicked in.. and now im on a rampage of looking up all the different herbs that have cool smoking effects...
.... even started new pages in my grimoire (I write everything in this ‘smart’ notebook.. which you take a picture and it goes to designated cloud accounts... and when you fill it up.. you literally microwave it.. and it erases.. and if its valuable info or works really well.. I put it into my Evil Dead Necronomicon replica notebook.. which is titled BOOK OF THE DAMNED... to keep my christian father away from it.. XD)

ANYYYWHO.. anybody got any good sites or sources for further research? I tried google.. but a bunch of stuff is contradicting each other... Also, apologies if my post should be a seperate thread...

Also.. I bought some mugwort tea bags.. which In hindsight.. i should have just bought empty teabags and filled them myself.. but wasn’t sure of how much to put in each one...

*end of tangent..

"Nilbog... it's Goblin spelled backwards!!"

#53 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

Lol, I would like to thank everyone involved in this topic..
before.. i only burned mugwort as an incense blend.. then.. after reading this page.. i tried smoking it a week or two ago... holy. Fucking. Shit.
I used to get sleep paralysis, which used to be a fucking nightmare, until I taught myself to control it and turn it into lucid dreaming and just.. float around and get to hallucinate without taking illegal drugs.... but that only happens on days when I don’t take ANY substances... at all... so lets just say.. it was a rare occurance... so... I started smoking mugwort... and BAM!
Vivid dreams.. Lucid dreams... no nightmares... I actually look forward to sleeping now...

so... my adderall kicked in.. and now im on a rampage of looking up all the different herbs that have cool smoking effects...
.... even started new pages in my grimoire (I write everything in this ‘smart’ notebook.. which you take a picture and it goes to designated cloud accounts... and when you fill it up.. you literally microwave it.. and it erases.. and if its valuable info or works really well.. I put it into my Evil Dead Necronomicon replica notebook.. which is titled BOOK OF THE DAMNED... to keep my christian father away from it.. XD)

ANYYYWHO.. anybody got any good sites or sources for further research? I tried google.. but a bunch of stuff is contradicting each other... Also, apologies if my post should be a seperate thread...

Also.. I bought some mugwort tea bags.. which In hindsight.. i should have just bought empty teabags and filled them myself.. but wasn’t sure of how much to put in each one...

*end of tangent..

Running anything you come across through Erowid would be a good first step. But in many cases should only be considered a starting point, not the final word.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#54 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

Ghost and others - how does it compare smoking vs drinking the tea?

I'm cautious about smoking (lots of lung cancer deaths in the family) and quit smoking about ten years ago. Do you get good results with mugwort tea?

#55 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

And Frozen thanks for the Erowid link - what a great site!

#56 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

I'm cautious about smoking (lots of lung cancer deaths in the family) and quit smoking about ten years ago. Do you get good results with mugwort tea?

Hey sorry for the late response!
So here’s what I think after two weeks of it and that would be that I felt more effect from mug when smoking it than I do drinking it BUT after smoking for a short ten years And then having not smoked in 8yrs I just hate the taste it leaves in my mouth.....so I decided I wasn’t going to smoke it anymore but sadly I just don’t feel the same resualts. Maybe I need to use more mug???
Anyways hope that answers your question???:)

Spite Cult.

#57 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

Running anything you come across through Erowid would be a good first step. But in many cases should only be considered a starting point, not the final word.

Lol, yeah... ive been looking them up and looking at the different herb’s ‘difficult experiences’... then if it doesnt look like I would instantly die... or have my dick fall off.. then i proceed with more research XD

#58 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

Lol, yeah... ive been looking them up and looking at the different herb’s ‘difficult experiences’... then if it doesnt look like I would instantly die... or have my dick fall off.. then i proceed with more research XD

Lol!!! Don’t lose the dick!!!

Spite Cult.

#59 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

The tea is alright... maybe I didn’t leave the bag in long enough.. (it was literally the first time ive made tea... lol.. besides Kratom.. but with that I just pour powder in water and down it as fast as I can.. because kratom tastes like sin.. but is the best herbal painkiller ive ever come across...) so with the mugwort tea i left the bag in for like 20 minutes and added some stuff to make it taste better.. wasnt all that bad.. I felt some effects.. not as strong as I felt when smoked...
But yeah, I totally get why you are hesitant on smoking things.. before I bought a pipe (which was just recently) I burned it on a charcoal disc and inhaled... really close.. for a looong time... because I’m all kinds of stupid... especially when inhaling burning charcoal is said to be a cancer risk...
i also gave up smoking.. I think back in 2011.. switched to vaping.. but vaping is still too new for concrete evidence of causing cancer... all I know is that its healthier than smoking and the eliquid I make tastes delicious... and my will is weak... so props on actually quitting..

Tl;dr version- Felt SOME effects from tea.. maybe didn’t make it right... not as strong as smoking it (for me at least).. but I wouldn’t risk it if your worried about cancer.. if one cup didnt do it for you.. try two..

#60 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

You could try a tincture, or even just putting a bit of booze in your tea. Alcohol will increase the effects.

There are also vaporizers that take plant matter. Basically just sucks all the oils and good stuff out. As Pazuzu said, not really sure yet how good it is for your lungs, but reasonably sure it is better then smoking.

Then there are ointments. Fairly simple to make and probably less toxic to the liver, I find this a nice way to use before bed.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake