it topically I have to dilute it.

#22 NamedForTheMoon

NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

So I've been using the dream tea for about a week, every other night, sometimes two nights in a row. My dreams feel scattered. Like they move too quickly, they change pace too fast. I have no control. I can't really remember exactly what I was dreaming about when I wake up. I'm not sure that I like it. Maybe I need to take more, maybe I should take less? I don't know.

As for the mugwort, I decided to try a teaspoon of the herb in my dream tea. I know that it can cause uterine cramps. I checked on that because of being pregnant, almost 18 weeks, now. But since the dream tea says it contains mugwort, and there isn't any warning about pregnancy on the box, and I didn't have any effects from it regarding my pregnancy, I thought I would handle a little more. So, a teaspoon in the dream tea. I took a small sip when it was ready, and waited. About 10-15 minutes later, I had a pain in my stomach. I thought, Oh no, I'm not doing this. I got up and poured out the tea, and willed my stomach to stop whatever it was doing. It did stop, thank goodness.  I will not be trying mugwort tea again until I'm ready for the baby to be born. I question the amount of mugwort that is actually in the dream tea, I haven't had any feelings of crampiness with it at all.

However, I do still want to try the mugwort for dreaming. So I put a small amount into a muslin satchel, and I plan to use it in my pillow tonight. I tried burning some in a bowl, but I really didn't like the smell.

#23 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Are there any recommended sellers in the UK? I'd like to try this herb. I have used sacred cacao before and loved it - gentle but powerful. Very vivid and intense.

#24 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

Named for the moon I know this is an old post but the stuff I read about Mugwort said absolutely not for use in pregnancy. Just posting this in case anyone else reads this thread.

#25 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

Yeah, mugwort during pregnancy is an incredibly bad idea; it was used in the past as an herbal abortifacient. I have heard of it being used at the end of a pregnancy to induce labor, though I can't say how safe that is. I hope everything worked out ok for NamedForTheMoon :/

It's funny that this thread was revived at this point in time, and that I just stumbled upon it now, because just an hour or two ago I was making a mugwort syrup. I basically followed the steps for making a simple syrup, but with mugwort tea (steeped for an hour) instead of regular water. I'm letting it cool overnight, and to-morrow I'll get some carbonated water and make soda with it. 

This also comes at a time that I've been working with Mugwort a lot, including in class in the folk magic intensive that I'm taking. She's long been an ally for me, though. It's true, as others have said, that her affects can be very subtle, but when they're not subtle - wow. Definitely great for trancework, dreams, etc, as others have mentioned. I usually take it as a tea these days, or burn some as incense, but I have in the past smoked it; when I first discovered it, at the age of 18, I used to smoke it combined with cannabis (which I used habitually in those days anyway), and the effects were pretty psychedelic. Now that intensity usually comes out only in dreams and trance. 

I'm planning on making some mugwort wine soon as well. Anyone have any advice on that? I was thinking of using port (just because I'm not crazy about most wine, but I enjoy port). Ratios, experiences, dosages, etc? 

Edited by Yex, 21 July 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#26 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Just a quick update: The mugwort soda came out really well. It's pretty sweet, but you can definitely taste the mugwort. I'll try drinking a glass of it before bed to-night to see if it has any effect on dreams. I've attached a picture with the jar of the syrup on the right, and a glass of the syrup added to carbonated water to make soda on the left. 

Attached Files

#27 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Looks great Yex. Did it have any effect on the dreams?

#28 Madame

Madame

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, mugwort during pregnancy is an incredibly bad idea; it was used in the past as an herbal abortifacient. I have heard of it being used at the end of a pregnancy to induce labor, though I can't say how safe that is. I hope everything worked out ok for NamedForTheMoon :/

It's funny that this thread was revived at this point in time, and that I just stumbled upon it now, because just an hour or two ago I was making a mugwort syrup. I basically followed the steps for making a simple syrup, but with mugwort tea (steeped for an hour) instead of regular water. I'm letting it cool overnight, and to-morrow I'll get some carbonated water and make soda with it. 

This also comes at a time that I've been working with Mugwort a lot, including in class in the folk magic intensive that I'm taking. She's long been an ally for me, though. It's true, as others have said, that her affects can be very subtle, but when they're not subtle - wow. Definitely great for trancework, dreams, etc, as others have mentioned. I usually take it as a tea these days, or burn some as incense, but I have in the past smoked it; when I first discovered it, at the age of 18, I used to smoke it combined with cannabis (which I used habitually in those days anyway), and the effects were pretty psychedelic. Now that intensity usually comes out only in dreams and trance. 

I'm planning on making some mugwort wine soon as well. Anyone have any advice on that? I was thinking of using port (just because I'm not crazy about most wine, but I enjoy port). Ratios, experiences, dosages, etc? 

Not sure about wine, but you can use the mugwort syrup to make a witchy cocktail! I might brew some up myself  :D

#29 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Looks great Yex. Did it have any effect on the dreams?

I definitely had a lot of dreams that night, but what was more profound - and I find is a common effect of mugwort - was that as I was drifting off, my hypnagogic imagery was so vivid, and stunningly psychedelic, and I was able to remember a lot of it the next day. 

Edit: I also just drank a lot of it over the course of that day, and I should note that there was a familiar mugworty stoned feeling. 

Edited by Yex, 23 July 2017 - 10:22 PM.

#30 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

Yex are you in the UK? Would love to know a really reputable online seller to try this herb.

#31 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

I have grown and used grand wormwood (artemissia absinthum) as tincture and tea for several years.

This thread reminded me of my hunt for mugwort plants to grow - and as it happens that were available for the first time that I'm aware of!

I look forward to learning to grow, use and interact with this plant teacher.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#32 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Yex are you in the UK? Would love to know a really reputable online seller to try this herb.

No, sorry, I'm in the US, and I couldn't give you any recommendations on online sellers, as I get mine from a local apothecary. 

#33 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

I usually get mine from pintrest..
"Nilbog... it's Goblin spelled backwards!!"

#34 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Have you a link Pazuzu? I have never bought anything off pinterest and didn't know that was a thing!

#35 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Lmao... disregard... im retarded.. I meant Etsy...
I had.. a lot to drink last night XD

"Nilbog... it's Goblin spelled backwards!!"

#36 Holdasown

Holdasown

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

I love Mugwort and use it all the time. It's my White Sage substitute for smoke cleansing and I drink it tea form when I am looking for an answer in dreams. I also make an incense with Mugwort, Yarrow and Lemongrass I burn before divination. The first time I mixed Mugwort and Yarrow they gave off a strong energy. They like each other is the best way to put it. Like best girl friends is the easiest way to describe it so in instances where you use Mugwort for divination, dreams or energy cleansing I would suggest using Yarrow as long as you are not allergic. I get my herbs from two local shops when I can but when I can't I use 13 Moons. 

#37 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Lmao... disregard... im retarded.. I meant Etsy...
I had.. a lot to drink last night XD

:roflhard:

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#38 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Finally going on days off tomorrow.

planning to stop our local apothecary in the morning to pick up some Mugwort and Damiana and I will do some looking around as well but ya'll wouldn't happen to know if either of these can make a guy piss hot on a drug test? 

For gods' sakes we've suffered, this pain is now our lives,

For gods sakes we've suffered enough. - C. Taylor & J. Root

#39 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

I see absolutely no reason why either of those would show up in UA.  None of those compounds are tested for. 

I have heard stories about some herbal supplements perhaps causing false positives, but I cannot say anything as to the truth of that and I would guess that those are substances with compounds similar to those they do test for.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#40 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

Okay thanks yeah I wasn't sure.
Ill talk to the gals at the shop when I go in and see what they say as well.
I am looking forward to trying this out. Gotta find my old pipe haha which interestingly enough my sister got me from a African witch doctor when she was "doing the lords work" lol a grip of years back.

For gods' sakes we've suffered, this pain is now our lives,

For gods sakes we've suffered enough. - C. Taylor & J. Root