10 replies to this topic

#1 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

Open until March 1st:

This piece (in the link at the bottom of this post) was a being in a dream that appeared for several nights. The best way I can describe this being is the spirit of freedom to leave the dogma of the Eastern Orthodox Church.

So the rules are simple:
1. One entry per person.
2. Must be Submitted by March 1st 2016.
3. Submit your original title for this piece below as a comment on this post.

The prize will be the signed high quality print, with your title written on the back, mailed anywhere in the world free of charge :)
(One winner, no runners-up!)

I am not sure if anyone would be interested, but I thought it would be appreciated by someone here! I generally give away my originals, unless they are ritual pieces that I use regularly. Have fun, hope to see some good entries!

https://goo.gl/photo...DKLN3nREw2Cskj8

Edited by witchpriest, 06 April 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#2 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

Insert stream of expletives... I had the drawing rolled out and pressed under a stack of books. I spilled a glass of water on a good portion of it, and the colors have run in an unfortunate way. So it is not worth shipping. My apologies to anyone that may have been interested. It was a great piece to lose!

#3 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm sorry to read this. I thought the picture had a lot of interesting symbolism and actually felt it was a little inspirational too (I have been seriously thinking about picking up the paintbrush again for what seems like the first time in ages and doing some occult art but haven't done so yet). I also thought it was generous of you to offer it for free-that was cool.

Draw it again. :)

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#4 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

Do you do woodburning, witchpriest? That illustration would look amazing on a simple wooden plaque!

#5 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

I'm sorry to read this. I thought the picture had a lot of interesting symbolism and actually felt it was a little inspirational too (I have been seriously thinking about picking up the paintbrush again for what seems like the first time in ages and doing some occult art but haven't done so yet). I also thought it was generous of you to offer it for free-that was cool.

Draw it again. :smile:

I am glad it inspired some people! I will try to draw it again, I did get a print quality photo before it was damaged *whew*. I will be doing some art in the slavic tradition (deities, mythological animals, baba yaga and the like) soon! I will post a thread in the art by the Spring Equinox :smile:

Do you do woodburning, witchpriest? That illustration would look amazing on a simple wooden plaque!

I have done some cool woodburning in the past! I will try to do some new stuff and post it when I can find the time :)

Edited by witchpriest, 29 January 2016 - 08:02 PM.

#6 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

Fair warning, I am terrible with titles. "The Illuminator", as it reminds me of Lucifer bastardized by overlapping symbols of serpent/devil. Great work, btw, it's beautiful!

RSKHFMY

#7 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:51 AM

Flickr page not found! May have to reupload and prepost, matey.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#8 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

Updated Aurelian!

#9 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:50 PM

Ravenshaw! You are the winner :) PM me your address and I will mail your piece!

#10 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:37 AM

Awwwww yeah! Thanks :) I will do so

RSKHFMY

#11 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip