• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

Thanks, everyone. I go through cycles where I ignore this problem and pretend it's not that bad, but I'm getting really sick of it -- and it's making my practice suffer heavily as well. I've come to realize I can't be a whole person unless I'm on my Path, and I've informed him that mine is very different than his (he didn't like that much...sigh), and he must just accept it if he loves me as he claims. I'll definitely put up an outdoor shrine! :)
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#22 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

I was just reading about bringing a house spirit with you to a new home.

Some lore states that you should sweep all throughout the old home, and carry these sweepings to the new home and place them in a corner. You may even have success doing this from right outside of the home, and inviting the spirits to travel with it. 

You could also carry an ember from the hearth to a new home, inviting the house spirit/s to travel with it. 

Also some lore states to make sure you left nothing behind at the old residence that the spirits could be drawn to and attached to and not want to leave.

Note I have never done anything stated here, but I was just reading about it, so figured I would post~!