Sign in to follow this  
Aina

Hedgecrossing, Trance, Vision??

As far as Shadow people I've seen Shadow People my whole life, well at least since I was nine. They have been a constant presence in my life, they seem to do their own thing, sometimes only a couple come around other times it's a whole group of them. 

Another thing that has occured (sorry if this is off topic) since I was the same age is that I often hear the voice of a women call my name. I always answer, I have tried to ask it questions it always tells me to hush. Except one time when I asked who she was she simply answered you know, you know. Like I said I was nine, both my grandmothers were alive so it's not them and I have never had a clue who it could possibly be. 

From my early twenties sometimes I see a world or alternative reality overlap the mundane world. It's like I'm looking through a filter were my normal world is underneath another world that has for a while taking its place. Is that considered Hedge-Riding or something else completely?

I have astral travelled before but when the world is overlapped by another it's different or at least I precieve it differently from astral traveling.

Edited by Ozman

@Ozman - just my opinion but the overlapping vision seems to be a different type of event from spirit traveling, and I've understood hedge crossing usually refers to OOBE. I dunno if bleed-thru from other time periods or intersecting dimensions would be lumped into the one term. I've never thought of the phrase hedge crossing as being a mix of psi experiences - their variety is endless - but maybe other people think differently.

Now I'm wondering about it too. According to the "What is Hedge Crossing/Riding" article referenced on the first page of this post, it is departing the mundane realm and seeking wisdom by entering either the upper realm of the Sages or the lower realm of the Spirits.

Hmm. As far back as I can recall I've "flown" or traveled OOB when I sleep although of course I didn't know that's what I was doing. Sometimes id just do barrel rolls on the ceiling for fun & star-gaze out on the roof. My guide has taken me to visit special teachers and to massive lecture halls crowded with people to hear speakers. Go figure - my guide is a spirit and the lecturers were sages, so what "realm" is that?

A couple times I've been visible to other people in real time when OOB, although not deliberately. It just happened while praying. A Rosary prayer group of about 15 members I'd belonged to, in one of our ernest meetings once all simultaneously stopped chanting in the middle of a Hail Mary and then resumed as-one about 2 minutes later. I'd have to call that suspended time period "ecstasy" as we were certainly elsewhere for a brief time, not in the mundane. it's happened more than once with other groups. Carlo Ginzberg referred to such experiences in his book by that title, "Ecstacy, Deciphering the Witch's Sabbath" and also in "Night Battles" about the cults who did OOB battles for the success of the harvests. It just seems there's an established history of spirit travel in various cultural groups.

Edited by Zombee

@Ozman - just my opinion but the overlapping vision seems to be a different type of event from spirit traveling, and I've understood hedge crossing usually refers to OOBE. I dunno if bleed-thru from other time periods or intersecting dimensions would be lumped into the one term. I've never thought of the phrase hedge crossing as being a mix of psi experiences - their variety is endless - but maybe other people think differently.

Now I'm wondering about it too. I need to hunt up a definition.

I've been hunting around and Hedge Crossing does seem to be different than bleed throughs, trying to find something on bleed throughs but seem to be grappling dust. 

You might try search terms of multi- or inter-dimensional experiences, time distortions & bi-location...we can be here & "there" at the same time. Other life time flash backs can be experienced as over-lays when revisiting a formerly known location. On the flip side we can pre-vision an event that will be experienced later at the location, or get whacked up-side the head by a vision of something that will impact a person who crosses our path. Ya' gotta wonder about those straight paths ... :)

Ozman, I was thinking (ouch!) about the woman's voice calling your name when you were 9. I've always heard a voice & have come to accept it as my guide. In a sense we do know who they are even if not in the mundane level of awareness, because they are either separate beings assigned to us as in a guardian/guide concept or are ourselves in the higher realm of consciousness. The higher self is often the opposite gender. Reverse polarity between realms seems to be the norm, right? Isn't that a precept of alchemy or something like it?

Ozman, I was thinking (ouch!) about the woman's voice calling your name when you were 9. I've always heard a voice & have come to accept it as my guide. In a sense we do know who they are even if not in the mundane level of awareness, because they are either separate beings assigned to us as in a guardian/guide concept or are ourselves in the higher realm of consciousness. The higher self is often the opposite gender. Reverse polarity between realms seems to be the norm, right? Isn't that a precept of alchemy or something like it?

I never thought of a spirit guide like that, and yes the higher self is an aspect of ourselves that's more awake and I suppose she could be my higher self manifesting as a women's voice. In Alchemy as in ceremonial magick the ultimate goal is to embrace and become all opposites, male and female, positive and darkness, that way the individual person can become a god or god-like on earth. So it does make sense, maybe I have to merge my male and female self more. 

You might try search terms of multi- or inter-dimensional experiences, time distortions & bi-location...we can be here & "there" at the same time. Other life time flash backs can be experienced as over-lays when revisiting a formerly known location. On the flip side we can pre-vision an event that will be experienced later at the location, or get whacked up-side the head by a vision of something that will impact a person who crosses our path. Ya' gotta wonder about those straight paths ... :)

I will def look into these topics, thank you for the suggestions as well as your insights about past lives or visions of future as overlays. Yes I do wonder about the straights lol

Occasionally just as I come out of meditation (if it was a good one) I will see what I can best describe as a large corner section of the projection wall paper rolled back to reveal a mechanical realm underlying this one. It'll happen just as I open my eyes & startles me. It began about 5 years ago &'happens randomly. I haven't yet remained stoic enough to let it continue more than 3-4 heartbeats. If I'm looking for it, natch it won't happen. It reminds me of the black, gloomy metallic stage settings for the Borg on Star Trek. I've never seen any of the Matrix movies either because it creeps me out.

I was viewing a you-tube video yesterday about trance. It's titled Graham Hancock Explains Who Mankind's Ancient Teachers Really Are. I give the link but my iPad never seems to connect so you may have to go to YT & enter the title.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=i-cAinvm3

The video's bio reads:

Published on Apr 29, 2018This is the most revolutionary theory yet visited by Graham Hancock, investigating ancient civilizations and discovering shaman trances, and altered states of consciousness are not just a mere trick of the mind, but are the alteration of the mind's power's of perception, enabling us to glimpse normally invisible spirit worlds. This includes the ancient cave art found in Europe and Africa, the accounts of what is commonly believed to be Alien Abductions, other societal encounters of the spirit world, the nature of the activating catalyst DMT, and the evidence of shamanistic ritual and beginnings in various different religions.

Less than 50,000 years ago mankind had no art, no religion, no sophisticated symbolism, no innovative thinking. Then, in a dramatic and electrifying change, described by scientists as "the greatest riddle in human history", all the skills and qualities that we value most highly in ourselves appeared already fully formed, as though bestowed on us by hidden powers. In "Supernatural", Graham Hancock sets out to investigate this mysterious "before-and-after moment" and to discover the truth about the influences that gave birth to the modern human mind. His quest takes him on a journey of adventure and detection from the stunningly beautiful painted caves of prehistoric France, Spain and Italy to remote rock shelters in the mountains of South Africa where he finds a treasure trove of extraordinary Stone Age art.He uncovers clues that lead him to travel to the depths of the Amazon rainforest to drink the powerful plant hallucinogen Ayahuasca with Indian shamans, whose paintings contain images of "supernatural beings" identical to the animal-human hybrids depicted in prehistoric caves and rock shelters. And hallucinogens such as mescaline, also produce visionary encounters with exactly the same beings. Scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research have begun to consider the possibility that such hallucinations may be real perceptions of other "dimensions". Could the "supernaturals" first depicted in the painted caves and rock shelters be the ancient teachers of mankind? Could it be that human evolution is not just the "blind", "meaningless" process that Darwin identified, but something else, more purposive and intelligent, that we have barely even begun to understand?"

Thank you Zombee, this was a very interesting video, the similarities are striking. 

@ZombeeI have been looking into what you suggested and my experiences seem to be closer to inter-dimensional overlays and travel. 

Ozman, I'm guessing these would be particular times of education, learning experiences

Yes, I learn alot not just about the experience but also about my own reality as well. I always try my best to note the experience and keep track of them and any ideas that come up because of the experience. 

My experiences with Hedge travel/riding is that it is more of a Fetch experience versus an astral experience. 
I usually take the form of either a Moth or a Beetle en route and I completely leave my body.
It's somewhat hard to explain but at that time I am whatever i've shifted into and at times i've had trouble with my astral form upon coming back to my body staying in the form of a beetle or moth for a day or so (giving off some Kafka vibes no less) including all the sensory sensitivity that comes with being a moth or beetle. lol

Thus far my hedge crossing is done without the assistance of herbs/drugs etc. 

My expansion into poison plants and other herbs to assist with inducing experiences is newer for me.
I've recently grown quite fond of Mandrake.
I haven't traveled with them yet, as i'm not quite ready for that as we're still getting acquainted. 

Edited by ReleaseTheBats

My experiences with Hedge travel/riding is that it is more of a Fetch experience versus an astral experience. 

I usually take the form of either a Moth or a Beetle en route and I completely leave my body.

It's somewhat hard to explain but at that time I am whatever i've shifted into and at times i've had trouble with my astral form upon coming back to my body staying in the form of a beetle or moth for a day or so (giving off some Kafka vibes no less) including all the sensory sensitivity that comes with being a moth or beetle. lol

Thus far my hedge crossing is done without the assistance of herbs/drugs etc. 

My expansion into poison plants and other herbs to assist with inducing experiences is newer for me.

I've recently grown quite fond of Mandrake.

I haven't traveled with them yet, as i'm not quite ready for that as we're still getting acquainted. 

That sounds cool, it reminds me of how some native American peoples describe shapeshifting, The choice of moth and Beetle interest me, is there a particular reason why you usually travel as one or the other? If you do the mandrake please post that experience. 

So if I’m understanding this correctly, hedge crossing is usually an experience where you experience spirit communication in an otherworldly location? Just wondering how you could easily identify it, as that’s the usual format I’ve heard accounts of it in

Edited by FancyShadowCat

So if I’m understanding this correctly, hedge crossing is usually an experience where you experience spirit communication in an otherworldly location? Just wondering how you could easily identify it, as that’s the usual format I’ve heard accounts of it in

For me yes and no.

I find that people are very quick to jump on the hedge crossing bandwagon if you will, for just about any kind of experience. I've even heard people referring to astral projection as hedge crossing lol.

On one hand yes you're going somewhere else and communicating with something, but not always are you communicating, sometimes you're just there to gather information.

I can only speak on my own experiences but I feel it's something that if you did it you could tell because it just feels so fundamentally different than going to visit spirit guides in a neutral space or something similar. It feels deeper and further. Like when you're doing something you're not supposed to but that you want to do on an animistic level.

There's a reason why people warn about getting "stuck" on the other side of the hedge - it has an alluring almost intoxicating quality (in my experience)

I view it as very similar to most accounts of Shamanic Journeying but actual journeying. As that's also something people latch onto as a word to describe any experience ranging from astral projection to visiting other realms or neutral spaces to communicate with spirits.

But you will usually shift into something else when you're traveling - I shift when i'm being led to past life information as well, so i'm not sure if it's a feature of everyone who hedge crosses.

My experience of hedge crossing is similar to what they speak of here with Fetch forms: 

https://thestardustcompass.com/the-fetch-the-witch-and-the-gods/

Edited by ReleaseTheBats
  • Upvote 1

That sounds cool, it reminds me of how some native American peoples describe shapeshifting, The choice of moth and Beetle interest me, is there a particular reason why you usually travel as one or the other? If you do the mandrake please post that experience. 

It definitely is similar to shapeshifting, and maybe it is as I can get stuck coming back sometimes (as I mentioned above).

I honestly don't know why it's a moth or a beetle, I don't have control of what form i'm taking, but I understand there's a lot of mythology about moths a spirits especially in Scotland - and I have a lot of heritage there. From what i've read of other people speaking of a Fetch, as a witch's soul in an animal form, it's not uncommon for them to be bugs as it's easier to go unnoticed. 

I definitely will! I've been using my mandrake ointment almost every night before sleep for the last month and a half and i'm really enjoying developing this connection.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this