• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

Ozman, I'm guessing these would be particular times of education, learning experiences

#62 Ozman

Ozman

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

Yes, I learn alot not just about the experience but also about my own reality as well. I always try my best to note the experience and keep track of them and any ideas that come up because of the experience. 

#63 ReleaseTheBats

ReleaseTheBats

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:30 AM

My experiences with Hedge travel/riding is that it is more of a Fetch experience versus an astral experience. 
I usually take the form of either a Moth or a Beetle en route and I completely leave my body.
It's somewhat hard to explain but at that time I am whatever i've shifted into and at times i've had trouble with my astral form upon coming back to my body staying in the form of a beetle or moth for a day or so (giving off some Kafka vibes no less) including all the sensory sensitivity that comes with being a moth or beetle. lol

Thus far my hedge crossing is done without the assistance of herbs/drugs etc. 

My expansion into poison plants and other herbs to assist with inducing experiences is newer for me.
I've recently grown quite fond of Mandrake.
I haven't traveled with them yet, as i'm not quite ready for that as we're still getting acquainted. 

Edited by ReleaseTheBats, 03 September 2018 - 03:31 AM.

“A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, Granny Weatherwax had once told her, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.”

― Terry Pratchett

#64 Ozman

Ozman

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

My experiences with Hedge travel/riding is that it is more of a Fetch experience versus an astral experience. 
I usually take the form of either a Moth or a Beetle en route and I completely leave my body.
It's somewhat hard to explain but at that time I am whatever i've shifted into and at times i've had trouble with my astral form upon coming back to my body staying in the form of a beetle or moth for a day or so (giving off some Kafka vibes no less) including all the sensory sensitivity that comes with being a moth or beetle. lol

Thus far my hedge crossing is done without the assistance of herbs/drugs etc. 

My expansion into poison plants and other herbs to assist with inducing experiences is newer for me.
I've recently grown quite fond of Mandrake.
I haven't traveled with them yet, as i'm not quite ready for that as we're still getting acquainted. 

That sounds cool, it reminds me of how some native American peoples describe shapeshifting, The choice of moth and Beetle interest me, is there a particular reason why you usually travel as one or the other? If you do the mandrake please post that experience. 

#65 FancyShadowCat

FancyShadowCat

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

So if I’m understanding this correctly, hedge crossing is usually an experience where you experience spirit communication in an otherworldly location? Just wondering how you could easily identify it, as that’s the usual format I’ve heard accounts of it in

Edited by FancyShadowCat, 15 September 2018 - 07:10 PM.

#66 ReleaseTheBats

ReleaseTheBats

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

So if I’m understanding this correctly, hedge crossing is usually an experience where you experience spirit communication in an otherworldly location? Just wondering how you could easily identify it, as that’s the usual format I’ve heard accounts of it in

For me yes and no.
I find that people are very quick to jump on the hedge crossing bandwagon if you will, for just about any kind of experience. I've even heard people referring to astral projection as hedge crossing lol.
On one hand yes you're going somewhere else and communicating with something, but not always are you communicating, sometimes you're just there to gather information.
I can only speak on my own experiences but I feel it's something that if you did it you could tell because it just feels so fundamentally different than going to visit spirit guides in a neutral space or something similar. It feels deeper and further. Like when you're doing something you're not supposed to but that you want to do on an animistic level.
There's a reason why people warn about getting "stuck" on the other side of the hedge - it has an alluring almost intoxicating quality (in my experience)
I view it as very similar to most accounts of Shamanic Journeying but actual journeying. As that's also something people latch onto as a word to describe any experience ranging from astral projection to visiting other realms or neutral spaces to communicate with spirits.
But you will usually shift into something else when you're traveling - I shift when i'm being led to past life information as well, so i'm not sure if it's a feature of everyone who hedge crosses.

My experience of hedge crossing is similar to what they speak of here with Fetch forms: 
https://thestardustc...h-and-the-gods/

Edited by ReleaseTheBats, 19 September 2018 - 11:45 PM.

“A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, Granny Weatherwax had once told her, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.”

― Terry Pratchett

#67 ReleaseTheBats

ReleaseTheBats

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:44 PM

That sounds cool, it reminds me of how some native American peoples describe shapeshifting, The choice of moth and Beetle interest me, is there a particular reason why you usually travel as one or the other? If you do the mandrake please post that experience. 

It definitely is similar to shapeshifting, and maybe it is as I can get stuck coming back sometimes (as I mentioned above).
I honestly don't know why it's a moth or a beetle, I don't have control of what form i'm taking, but I understand there's a lot of mythology about moths a spirits especially in Scotland - and I have a lot of heritage there. From what i've read of other people speaking of a Fetch, as a witch's soul in an animal form, it's not uncommon for them to be bugs as it's easier to go unnoticed. 
I definitely will! I've been using my mandrake ointment almost every night before sleep for the last month and a half and i'm really enjoying developing this connection.

― Terry Pratchett