• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

I took a photo of my new altar cloth today to sport my work. I noticed the photo quality was all crappy and looked foggy and like the lens was dirty. Then when I looked that the images close up I noticed they contained orbs and they were in different positions in the frames. One contained only one very clear orb, the next frame contained several. I thought it was kinda cool because I have never taken a photo with orbs in it like that and always dismissed it as dust. I think these are too big to merely be dust and they have a distinct halo around them. I also took a photo once in Highgate Cemetery in London that had one single frame out of over 100 that I took that day that had a thickly formed mist that was not on the frame before or after.(Sadly I lost that one.) I cannot explain it, like I can't explain the photos I took today. I was wondering if anyone has taken photos like these before or what your take is on what they are?
*Note: The third pic is of my spaz of a cat attacking me while I made smudge sticks. Same camera taken the day before.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 AlyviaBlackthorne

AlyviaBlackthorne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

I've never really understood Orbs. I've always passed them off as light-refracting dust near the lens or something. I'd love to believe it's something 'else' but it just seems too dust-esque for me, although I sometimes feel like I've seen 'orbs' with my naked eye which seems a little harder to pass off as dust, lol.

On a side note, your cat is super cute! Is he/she still a kitten?

Also, thank you for bumping the other fairy post, I was too incompetent to find it apparently haha. It made for some interesting reading and lead me to a post on here of a photo someone took that looks like it has a small pixie or something in it! Super interesting. (If you want to check it out or if you didn't see it on the fairy post, it's here - http://www.tradition...t-to-share-too/ - it's the near the bottom of that post.)

#3 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:42 AM

I have always been the type that looked at pictures of orbs and lights and kinda rolled my eyes about it. Clearly it's just light or dust on the lens.

But then the other day, I was at the park where I walk everyday and I had a rather intense experience with the spirits of the land there. I've always felt very welcomed by them and very aware of their presence while I'm in the park, but this was the first time that I had left an offering of honey behind, and made an intentional point of sending energy of gratitude into the land itself. And I very intensely felt that energy returned. Not long after making the offering, I found big limb of wood that just so happened to be just the right size and shape for a stang or staff. (I mentioned this in another thread).

Before I left the park, my friend snapped a picture of me standing on a mound with my new staff/stang and the sun setting behind the trees. Now maybe it's just the angle of the sun, but a very distinct green glowing orb showed up in the picture, just by the place I had made my offering of honey. Now it would be easy for a skeptic to say "it's just the sun from behind you hitting the lens at just the right angle" and perhaps it is. But because I had that EXPERIENCE of the energy of the land, the orb in the photo really jumped out at me.

So trust your instincts. If you are getting vibes, then the orbs might be something more than optics. If not, perhaps there is a mundane explanation. You could always use divination to figure it out as well.

#4 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

I'm still firmly planted in the broom closet so I had to edit myself out, but you can see the greeny blob. There was nothing reflective or light-producing in the trees behind me where the orb appears and nothing on the pictures we took before or after this one.

Could be lens flare, definitely. But given the experience that I had that day, and the things I experienced while I was there, I am open to the possibility that it's not lens flare at all. Wouldn't hold up in court but it has meaning to me and that's what matters.

Attached Files

#5 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

That is peculiar. I don't know what it would be but its not lens flare.

I hadn't considered those light tracers I see out of the corners of my eyes before. I see shadows and black forms out of the corners of my eyes before too. Sometimes I will perceive someone next to me and turn and ofc whatever I saw was gone. I thought abut asking my doctor about it but I was embarrassed they would think I was bonkers. I seem to have heard it was a symptom of psychosis. I already have enough issues with depression and anxiety to want to get another label. I did just find an interesting article on "corner of the eye phenomenon" from googling. Maybe that will make some interesting reading this morning.

Oh and my cat is kittenish. Hes about a year old. I think hes a bit on the petite size for a nearly grown cat. His name is Cattington von Snuffinstein aka "Snuffy". My son named him and my husband expanded on it. lol

Edited by Moonshadowe, 07 January 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

It's so much cheaper today with digital cameras than it was when you had to get film developed in order to see what you took a picture of.

I used to go around with a camera, I guess I was about 12 when I started, taking pics of where I 'felt' stuff. My mom has all those pics put away somewhere. I picked up some truly fantastic light displays like that weird green one.

(cute tights, btw!) :)

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

Why thank you, RR :-)

It is bizarre to think that even though the process of photography has changed so much in the last decade or so, the orbs still show up like they did on film.

I'd love to know how it works that cameras pick up on things we don't see with our eyes, the "physics" behind it, if you will. But our understanding of science doesn't mesh with the metaphysical yet...that opens up a whole different can of worms that would fun for me to muse about if I didn't have a raging migraine right now.

#8 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

I've got a splitting headache, too. The flu vaccine sux!

Cameras are built for picking up light and see things beyond human perception (which is really quite small comparatively.)

I've seen some rather amazing orb pictures. That doesn't look like dust. The pics don't get any larger when you click on them so it's really hard to make out or see it in detail.

#9 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

Great cloth, btw.

#10 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

Thank you :)

#11 MarlaDurden

MarlaDurden

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

I'm an ex-photographer, I studied & worked extensively with both film and digital. RapunzelGnome, I'm not sure what that green orb is but it's definitely not lens flare or dust on the lens, and considering its location in the photo, it doesn't look like it could be any kind of reflection. Interesting!

Moonshadowe, I see those shadows and black forms out of the corner of my eyes too, I often see indistinct shapes moving and also light forms (as opposed to shadows). I've found since I have started to develop a stronger relationship with my house spirits and land spirits of my property, I've been seeing these shapes a lot more often, particularly in the corners of rooms up near the ceiling.

#12 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

I think dust orbs like the ones in the pic from "artist formerly known as Moonshadow" are basically a camera picking up dust. It doesn't have to be on the lense it can be near the lense. You know how if you are in a shadowed room but light in streaming in, you can see all kinds of dust floating about in the light... This is why that type of "orb" appears to move on video. Lovely dust, skin cells, mites, yum.

On the other hand - I'm no photographer, but RG's orb looks like the real deal to me. I recently had an experience where I saw, what I am confident were orbs, with the naked eye. My orbs (there were three) were the exact same color green as RGs-- which is very interesting to me.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe