• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hi all, trying to get into a deeper practice with my craft and be a more active member of this forum. So I open this thread to anyone that might have advice:
I was scrying with a crystal ball. I use the ball, black mirror, ink in water, black coffee, reflective stones, almost anything. I want to preface the following with an admission of my stupidity. I was asking for trouble, and I now regret my actions. I was having a miserable day, have seasonal affective disorder (diagnosed by a doctor, pretty bad, I have to do light therapy treatments daily just to function) and these long nights take their toll. So my mistake was the following. I was in a terrible mood, angered by Mormons that knocked on my door (I have PTSD and the loud sounds got my heart pounding), so I went inside, calmed down, had a cup of coffee and some cannabis, and listened to some loud music. I got really pumped up and was feeling cocky. I took my scrying ball and candle stick from my home altar, and went to the living room. I lit some incense, lit my candle, and began clearing my mind, and staring intently. As I said I was feeling cocky, and I simply asked aloud "who is around?" with a chuckle. I saw a face manifest, it was blurry and ill defined, but I could make out the shape of a head and eyes. I demanded the name of the being, and realized I should be a bit more gentle, I simply observed and struck up a one sided conversation. I became a bit confused feeling, maybe a little dizzy, and the blackness in the center of the ball took over my vision. I saw another being, one with whom I have worked in the past. I made a promise to make an offering and felt at ease. Suddenly the black dissipated very rapidly, and I saw my reversed silhouette in black, with the surroundings of my colorful room as normal, and five times, about 10 seconds a piece, I saw a diamond of white above my person, move into my head. Each time this white body (energy??, being??) entered my head I literally shuddered and felt very cold, intensely euphoric (waves of physical pleasure shivering from head to toe), and a moment of white light in my vision. I tried to break contact visually with this as it was happening but could not look away. It is now a few hours later, and I feel like I am dreaming, looking through the veil at the physical world. Is this a matter of non intelligent energy transfer, or a mild possession?
A few notes I don't want to forget, immediately afterward, I had an unusual hunger, and ate all the snacks in the house, and chained smoked some cigarettes, but felt unsatisfied. I know how the herb affects me, and this was not that, all very clear and felt with full force. How do I get any possible being out of me, as I sit here looking through what feels to be another's eyes? Or if it was only a non entity energy do I ride the wave? I feel well, and quite happy compared to my mood of late, so it is not unpleasant, I just don't want to be home to anything but my non physical self. Any help or information would be appreciated. Once again, I know my errors, just want to learn how to solve this issue if it arises while scrying in the future.

#2 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:47 AM

I had something similar thing happen once - a very bright light was moving about in my room and it suddenly shot into my chest, the same intensely euphoric feeling you described, and the force was to the extent it shot me out of my body. It went away just as quickly and I fell back into my body. For weeks if not months after that when I would run energy through my body the chest area energy was extremely strong and very far reaching. Never did figure out what it was, though.

M

#3 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

It's difficult to give an opinion when situations get this messy, but I think the answer is in your post, imho.
You have mood deficiencies during winter (me too), had smoked some pot and you got a near-PTSD trigger.
I think it's completely normal, when you make spirit contact or try altered states from a messy place things get messy.
I woulnd't worry too much, just make sure nothing is lingering around.

A few notes I don't want to forget, immediately afterward, I had an unusual hunger, and ate all the snacks in the house, and chained smoked some cigarettes, but felt unsatisfied. I know how the herb affects me, and this was not that, all very clear and felt with full force.

In my experience, food is one of the ways the body asks for 'grounding' after spiritual work.
However, as a regular pot-smoker, craving food and cigarettes (especially if you smoked pot with tobacco in the first place) are normal side effects of smoking pot.
Some folks get the 'chemical' hunger less than others. However, how your brain responds to pot depends on the kind of pot you are smoking and on yourself - meaning that the effects of the same kind of weed on your body can change over time, as your body changes (when I was a in my late teenage years/twenties, I could smoke all day while studying and without getting the 'chemical hunger', now things are much different).

How do I get any possible being out of me, as I sit here looking through what feels to be another's eyes? Or if it was only a non entity energy do I ride the wave? I feel well, and quite happy compared to my mood of late, so it is not unpleasant, I just don't want to be home to anything but my non physical self. Any help or information would be appreciated. Once again, I know my errors, just want to learn how to solve this issue if it arises while scrying in the future.

Go into scrying when you're not high or stressed, see how things go and if there's anyone/thing clinging on onto you.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#4 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

So here is the update. I went into chat here on the site, and had a few words with westofthemoon. It was suggested that I try a salt bath, and an egg cleanse. The salt bath is nothing new for me, usually do it before and after big workings. Tried that and a modified version of an egg cleanse that was suggested. I felt much better, clear and grounded. Thanks for the suggestions.

@Michele: Glad others have experienced the euphoria, that was new for me. There seems to be an "afterglow" effect. I will post details here as I ride that wave.

@Aria: Yes I think you are right, it was a messy situation, and I need to ground and prepare before any open work. Also, although it is not the normal reaction I experience, I think you are right about the chemical hunger. Herb affects me differently then when I was a teen, so that makes perfect sense, I do usually have the usual hunger after intense workings, so this was probably just a heightened version. I did scry this morning, and it was a much more peaceful experience.

Lesson learned, as Aria said, "messy" is the best way to describe yesterday, so I will be careful to prepare in the future. Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions. That was a new experience, and all things considered, I want to try more communication in a centered manner eventually.

#5 jefftos

jefftos

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

I remember one time when I was just starting to delve into a Golden Dawn tradition (this was years ago, long before I had even considered witchcraft), I had decided I was going to just do the middle pillar ritual without doing a banishing beforehand. Then after the middle pillar I just sat in meditation, after the rush of kicking up so much astral dust with the middle pillar I immediately attracted a parasite who wanted to call himself Hermes, he attempted to control me, it felt like he had shoved my soul aside and took control of things. I could feel my body but "I" was only able to watch for some time as whatever it was walked around and seemed to think a mile a minute about many various things, mostly about how strange it all felt to it. But the being soon got bored and simply left, I remember feeling drained for a week or two after that and realizing just how important protecting yourself was. Anyway your description sounded similar to my own. Glad you found a way to cleanse yourself.

Edited by jefftos, 08 December 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#6 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:26 AM

I'm glad it helped!
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.