#21 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

Great brick story, Lilitia.

I have a similar one (yours is waaay cooler).

Bricks from a long abandoned and recently demolished Mill were taken and used to construct a long walkway. The 'energies' didn't stay on the land, they came with the brick, which wasn't bad because they stood guard. Perfect.

I did, however, clear a leftover brick so I could use it without having that 'protective/guard' like quality energy attached, which also worked well. I think stuff would've backfired in a hot second had I not thought to start with a 'clean' material because my intent for the object was misaligned with its vibe. Does that make sense? Anyway....

The energy contained in natural and manufactured 'objects' is amazing...and, to enhance those energies along with your signature makes for a very powerful tool indeed.

What a great score for you !!! :clap:

Edited by Nikki, 27 October 2015 - 08:18 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#22 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:23 AM

Always make your own stuff, if you can. If there is a particular place that makes you feel safe, get a brick from there. Pound that bastard with a hammer. Viola, brick dust! I got a lot of bricks from this old Masonic lodge where my grandparents were members, gramma was an Eastern Star and grampa was a Mason. And with the birch broom, the same. Make your own. If you don't live where birch trees grow (I don't, I live in a swamp lol) then willow or cedar will work, too.

Thank you! I wish SO MUCH that I had known about using brick before I moved from my hometown this summer. I had several places I could have retrieved bricks from. I will have to find a place in my new home. Also, I a love that you were able to find such special brick. That's amazing.

#23 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Thanks again to everyone for your help! I am happy to report that the one good cleansing took care of everything. I have been utilizing the other suggested methods for regular cleansing as well, which has been handy for the seasonal travelers we've come across in this place.

#24 Nyd

Nyd

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

I see this is already solved, and I am glad. I just wanted to add that black tourmaline has helped us with poltergeist issues. I also wear a black tourmaline ring at all times and my son was given a bag of stones.
In the past he claimed he could see a "monster" amd once he woke and said the monster talked to him and drew a star on his chest. :/

#25 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:27 AM

That's a great idea. I only have one small piece of tourmaline, but I have found it to be enormously helpful in the past. Getting some for everyone in my home soon.

#26 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

The "hat man" mentioned here reminds me of something I dealt with when my 18 year old was a baby. When she was literally barely talking, she would wake up in the night screaming and when I'd come in her room she would just point at nothing and cry "the man", "the man". It was so impressive I would look around the room, outside, everywhere - and nothing. But - I know this makes no sense- even though all she could tell me was "the man". Every single time I would immediately envision a man in a suit and black hat like I felt like I knew exactly what she was talking about. This happened many times.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#27 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:19 AM

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. Exactly. When my husband was describing his dream when I was pregnant with our daughter I had an immediate mental image. In detail. It was weird. I suspect a lot of us have had run ins with him. Your poor little baby.

#28 Nyd

Nyd

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

That's a great idea. I only have one small piece of tourmaline, but I have found it to be enormously helpful in the past. Getting some for everyone in my home soon.

And they are so affordable. I get them for 50 cents each here! I plan to buy a bunch of helpful crystals for birthing and pregnancy and hope no one will catch me placing them under the bed when I deliver ;)

#29 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

Don't let this derail but on the topic of stones etc. when I first started out hematite was in abundance in every new age store, so of course I got a ring. It took me a while of low energy to put 2 and 2 together but it just sucks the life out of me and kills my "sensitivity". Has anyone else had that experience ? I know it's supposed to be grounding. But I find it grounding like buried grounded.

Edited by Oroboros, 18 November 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#30 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

I can think of some uses for that.

Every one is different. Have you found what does work for you? Or perhaps a much smaller piece? Like one of the teeny tiny beads instead of a larger chunk?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#31 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

My go to for grounding after a working is making direct contact with the earth, when that is not possible visualization. I have kept hematite handy for instances where low energy is needed or where an environment my be over stimulating, I just don't wear continuously anymore. It just seems to be such a popular thing to use as jewelry I wondered how unusual this is. Or like my one daughter with ADD can wear it fine but my other daughter who is a bit sensitive like myself had also been feeling drained and blah during the time she was wearing it all the time until we put two and two together .

#32 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

@rose red continued...I've read quite a few of your other posts and do value your input: I'm curious what came to your mind when you initially said "I can think of some uses for that."

#33 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

I know it's supposed to be grounding. But I find it grounding like buried grounded.

Different guided visualizations, initiations, etc.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#34 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

My personal experience with hematite is that I can't wear it all the time, but only with I'm trying to shed energy that has built up (negative energy, nervous energy, etc). As soon as I feel that it's done its job, off it comes or else I feel the draining that you've described

Two times I have worn hematite to the point that it broke. A bracelet of hematite beads and a ring. Both times they broke seemingly on their own (I didn't hit it or snag it or anything, it just busted). I think it's pretty powerful stuff.