• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

I feel like I am incredibly green when it comes to these things, so I would like to see if anyone has advice for me.

Has anyone come across a spirit that you might call "hat man", "black man" (as in hair and clothes), or (in Stephen King's terms), the "walking dude"? My husband and I have come across this thing before, which is why I have such a bad feeling today. Yesterday, I was reading someone's story online about this thing being attached to them. They had been seeking help, but eventually went through and labeled all their posts with a warning, saying people had been PMing them about weird things that started happening after reading or trying to help her. I wasn't overly concerned since I was just doing a quick reading and thought it was interesting. After I was done, I did some strong visualizations to clear out anything negative, just in case, and then went about my business. However, this morning, I went to get my three-year-old up, and she told me she was talking to "the man". I went cold, but I didn't externally react. I asked her what the man looked like, and she said he has black hair. She has been off all day as well.

Normally, I wouldn't think too much about this, but considering yesterday, well, I want to be on the safe side, and do some strong clearing. I know how to do a basic cleansing, no biggie, but it sounds like this thing does not respond all that well to sage smudging, which is why I wanted to ask if anyone has dealt with this thing before. Are there particular things that work better in this case? Do you have recommendations for getting rid of apparently sticky spirits. Clearly this one is very opportunistic, and I don't want to waste any time getting rid of it. Thoughts?

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

Will you post a link to what you were reading? I'm curious to check it out.

I would put your 3 year old in a salt bath and use a rose based soap or rose petals if you can't find the soap. San Fran soap company has an excellent one. Whoever put that blend together knew their magical uses of herbs.

Is it possible that the child is picking up on it from you and that there's not actually an entity?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#3 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:35 AM

Will you post a link to what you were reading? I'm curious to check it out.

I would put your 3 year old in a salt bath and use a rose based soap or rose petals if you can't find the soap. San Fran soap company has an excellent one. Whoever put that blend together knew their magical uses of herbs.

Is it possible that the child is picking up on it from you and that there's not actually an entity?

I don't think she was. I read it after she went to bed last night and followed up with the clearing visualization. She said it first thing to me this morning as I walked into her room, and she talked about it in exactly the same way she does when she has had other (apparent) visitors. We were both cheerful. I was not fearful at all. If she was getting it from me, I don't know how exactly that would work. I suppose I could be wrong though. In what way do you think she might be picking up on it from me?

Oh, and to clarify, my bad feeling was after talking to my child. I didn't wake up with it. Rereading my post, I think that could cause some confusion.

I did some heavy duty cleansing today, and we all feel much better, especially my daughter. I will add the salt and rose bath tonight though. No rose soap, though I do have rose petals. I will also check out that soap company. Having some of that soap could be very useful for the future.

Here's the link: https://www.reddit.c...e_truth_part_7/
That is part 7, but you should be able to get to all the other parts within the posts.

#4 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

This is a definite type of entity. My husband has banished one before. So has my friend. I would love to hear other people's thoughts on this thing. They seem very opportunistic.

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:07 AM

There's something wrong with that. I read about 3 sentences. I'm not in the mood to deal with that shit tonight.

You guys know I hang out with all types of practitioners. I refuse to go on reddit after some of the things I've heard that go on there.

Important lesson here. Trust your gut! You have instincts for a reason. They're there to protect you and yours.

I'm so glad to hear that the cleansing helped so much.

#6 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

There's something wrong with that. I read about 3 sentences. I'm not in the mood to deal with that shit tonight.

You guys know I hang out with all types of practitioners. I refuse to go on reddit after some of the things I've heard that go on there.

Important lesson here. Trust your gut! You have instincts for a reason. They're there to protect you and yours.

I'm so glad to hear that the cleansing helped so much.

You're definitely smarter than me. I'm still kicking myself for continuing to read the thread, even after getting a little queasy. I would not recommend anyone read it, to be honest. I don't think I'll ever be going back to reddit for anything. It is a weird place. I should have known better. *sigh*

What in particular have you come across there? Just out of curiosity.

Edited by Nim, 22 October 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#7 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

Keep cleansing if he reappears. My ex-husband and I both dreamed of The Hat Man, but to us he has a name. I won't say it. I don't want anyone to say it, read it aloud...he doesn't deserve the power or the recognition. It's a slippery slope with that fucker. Avoid at all costs. If your baby girl starts to dream of him, or calls him by name, you're in trouble.

Cleanse, cleanse and banish. Try a floor wash. Smudge. Do it all. This is not to be fucked around with.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#8 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

I haven't run into anything on reddit - other than a link to read specific post (like yours).

From what I've heard... it's a chaos mages playground. Lots of experiments in spirit work and feeding going on over there. It's been referred to as the 'wild west' of occult forums. I don't know if that's true or not and I don't care to find out.

#9 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

The posts I've read (which have been few, mind you), have been along the lines of that which you describe, RR. I try not to read the posts there.

I couldn't read too much of the one the link leads to. It felt...not right.

For me, reading someone post something like that for whatever reason makes me uncomfortable. Whether the post was truthful or a hoax, it still feels wrong to me.

Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#10 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

Keep cleansing if he reappears. My ex-husband and I both dreamed of The Hat Man, but to us he has a name. I won't say it. I don't want anyone to say it, read it aloud...he doesn't deserve the power or the recognition. It's a slippery slope with that fucker. Avoid at all costs. If your baby girl starts to dream of him, or calls him by name, you're in trouble.

Cleanse, cleanse and banish. Try a floor wash. Smudge. Do it all. This is not to be fucked around with.

My daughter woke up crying today. No mention of anything related to Hat Man. She was upset about something I had done (in her dream obviously...that's usually how these go, long before this incident). She said I took her bag away (her toy gardener's bag, I think?) and took it to the bathroom. To me it sounded like one of her regular nonsense dreams that puts her in a bad mood, but do you think I should be concerned? I will be doing more cleansing and banishing today. Were there particular herbs or potions you found to be most helpful? Types of floor wash?

Husband has dreamed of it before too, but he shoved it right back out before it could get any traction. We both think it was trying to attach to our daughter (we had not yet found out I was pregnant with her), but husband was unwittingly already communicating with our daughter on the astral, and he got rid of Hat Man before he could get in the door. This incident is entirely my fault, and I'm absolutely pissed at myself. Honestly, I was just hanging out reading scary stories because I enjoy them. I stumbled on that one, and yes. Something is terribly wrong there. I'm not even much of a reddit reader at all, so it sucks I came across that one. Seriously newb mistake on my part. :(

#11 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

I haven't run into anything on reddit - other than a link to read specific post (like yours).

From what I've heard... it's a chaos mages playground. Lots of experiments in spirit work and feeding going on over there. It's been referred to as the 'wild west' of occult forums. I don't know if that's true or not and I don't care to find out.

Ah. I see. I don't really doubt that is true. I've thought reddit was a weird place for ages, but couldn't put my finger on exactly why.

Thank you both for the help. Big huge lesson learned over here.

#12 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

Don't beat yourself up too bad. We've all made mistakes, gone against our gut, etc. You jumped right on it and you're taking care of it. That's the part that matters.

Do you have any hematite jewelry you can let her wear?

The San Fransisco Soap Company also has the matching lotion and body butter with the same herbal mix as the soap. It's a nice way to follow up.

I would make up a bottle of salt water and spray the house or a small bucket of salt water and a rag (spraying is easier and does the same thing), the door and window jambs, fire place opening if you have one, anywhere pipes and whatnot come into the house. Salt the floors and let it sit over night and either vacuum or sweep, smudge - sweetgrass or frankincense would be better than sage for this. If all else fails - get some asofeota (I can't spell it but it banishes everything - including people because it smells horrid - but it works).

Florida Water is the easiest floor wash to find and use.

Once the house is fully cleansed, salted and claimed (if you haven't already), then salt the outside of it.

Witch bottles don't really do much for spirits, they're more for protection against other witches, but I'm sure that we can put our brain pans together and come up with a kick ass ingredient list that could possibly work.

Your 3 year old is under your protection. If you can tap into the Rights of Motherhood current - you can wield some tremendous power from Mothers that have gone before you.

#13 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

You can also do an egg cleanse with her. Just dip the egg in salt water, run it all over her body, then dispose of the egg in running water (or at a crossroads, or smash it on a tree off your property...you get the gist). I hope that helps too. I've never encountered a Hat Man but I've heard of similar entities. What about hanging up some spirit traps (like Gods' Eyes) around the house?
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#14 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

Get a floor wash with Florida water. Lay down brick dust in windows and doors. Wear hematite. Bathe your daughter in Florida water and hyssop. Sweep out the house with a birch broom first, if you have one. Sweep each room, out the door, not towards the corners, working constantly outward, and sweep all the bits out the front door. Throw the remaining washwater, bathwater, and floor sweepings out over your shoulder at a crossroads and face East. Don't look back. Don't return to that crossroads, ever.

Good luck.

#15 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Spirit traps are a good idea, too. West is right.

Witch bottles, balls, gods eyes, what ever you prefer. My advice is to do all that shit.

#16 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

If you gave that advice to me - I would take it.

West, the gods eyes are genious! The kid is 3 years old. She's old enough to make her own under Mommy's supervision. This is how my Grandmother taught me. It's only in the last few years that I've realized how much I was actaully taught as a child. It wasn't explained like a textbook. It was hands on, passing the Gift/ability and skill to use it, onto the next generation. And all your 3 year old knows is that she loves her special Craft time with Mommy. It creates a bond and an instinctual knowledge in your child. My daughter was very Gifted. She had to be taught to control and use her gifts.

Oh, and she came out of the broom closet on facebook the other day! That was a shocker.

#17 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:46 AM

I'm sorry I haven't been on here for a couple of days. We have had no more issues, so I'm pretty sure we swept the thing out. However, I am taking ALL of the advice you have all given me. Thank you so much for helping me out like this, Rose Red, Lilitia, and West. So much of your advice did not even occur to me. And I had never even heard of Florida Water. :blush:
I'm gathering all of what I'm missing though, including Florida Water, the rose soap, hematite jewelry, etc. I have also found a video for how to make gods eyes. I had no idea how to do it before, and I'm not terribly crafty, so I'm going to try to teach myself and then show my daughter how to make them.

Couple of questions: I have never used red brick dust. Is there somewhere I should go looking for it? Or should I just buy it from a pagan store? Also, I'm trying to figure out where to find the supplies to create a birch broom. Any ideas? Or should I try to find some in the woods somewhere?

And RR, you're right. She is under my protection. I am absolutely tapping into the Mother energy to keep her safe from harm. And thank you for making me feel better. I think my daughter will need plenty of tools to manage her own talents too. I may be asking you a lot of questions in the future, if that's ok with you. :) And congratulations on your daughter coming out of the broom closet. You must be so proud.

#18 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:48 AM

Seriously, this forum is the best! I haven't been here long at all, but I feel like I have already learned so much and have received so much support. I REALLY appreciate it.

#19 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

I am soooooo glad to read this. I'm glad it's working out.

I don't practice hoohoo. Is it better to grind your own brick or does it not matter it you purchase it pre-ground?

#20 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

Always make your own stuff, if you can. If there is a particular place that makes you feel safe, get a brick from there. Pound that bastard with a hammer. Viola, brick dust! I got a lot of bricks from this old Masonic lodge where my grandparents were members, gramma was an Eastern Star and grampa was a Mason. And with the birch broom, the same. Make your own. If you don't live where birch trees grow (I don't, I live in a swamp lol) then willow or cedar will work, too.