Sign in to follow this  
Elspeth

Grounding issues

I use yoga breathing, inhaling into the abdomen and then the chest, to aid grounding to connect, and especially centering. It helps me pull my energy into myself so I'm not scattered. Laying my hands against a tree trunk and belly-breathing, or leaning my spine against a tree and belly breathing, really helps too.

Eating root veggies like potatoes, beets, carrots, yams, radishes, etc., helps grounding, and I love oven roasted veggies.

When centering I breathe into my abdomen - that's how babies breathe - and focus on my belly button, or solar plexus just a bit higher. I know center is every-where and every-when simultaneously, so it starts my meditations. If I got Out of Body OOB, it's from center, and I return easily that way, and ground to anchor myself.

Hope that helps anyone who is looking for suggestions.

I don't do grounding excercises. By the time I came across them I found I am almost permanently grounded. Partly because I have been through so many stressful things that nothing shocks me now, and partly because subconcsiously I came up with my own ways. For me it is enough to relax with a good book, knit, some hot tea.

What can interfere most is modern life. The stress of working in a challenging job, the people, not having enough free time or family time. I quit my job, started working part time at a small clothing store (because it isn't challening at all) and part time from home. I feel much better this way. Less money, more peace - easier grounding.

I can relate to this. I actually had a vision during a stressful time recently. I was a tree and my struggles were making my roots grow deep into the earth.

It would seem I missed a question here a while ago.  To clarify:

There are parallel practices in traditional arts that are akin to grounding, but they are not called 'grounding.'  I know it's an argument of semantics, but...there you have it.  

Why do I get a little cranky about the fine distinctions?  Because I hate reductive terminology.

LoL, yes, I know I'm a bitch sometimes, you don't have to tell me  :lol:

Edited by Aurelian

I ground myself with fire. Being a fire sign, I found it quite relaxing to burn things. So I burn candles, incense, and herbs in order to ground myself. Maybe check into your sign and use whatever element it corresponds with to help ground you. 

I've tried different methods of grounding, such as going for a walk in nature, or listening to heavy metal music. These have worked well. What I find works best for me personally though, is a yoga session. It's good to have a few different ways though, so you can do it whenever you need to.

watching the limbs and leaves in a whole bunch of thick trees as the wind blows helps me gound a good bit, almost like they have some kinda pattern that constantly changes the way they move. even better at dawn or evening

Sign in to follow this