23 replies to this topic

#1 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

So I've recently finished my qualification and am now applying for jobs. I was wondering, what's something you'd do to increase your chances of getting a job? (once all mundane aspects are accounted for)

At the moment I'm pretty much winging it XD

#2 Perchtin

Perchtin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

I'd work with herbs that help increase your chances of getting hired, like basil, bergamot, devil's shoestring, bay, bayberry, and so on. Also, sigils.

Hexen stehen immer zwischen Birken.

#3 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

Attraction oriented spell work; watch the moon phases too, including VOC times!
"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#4 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:21 AM

I normally eat bratwurst the night before an interview in a type of commanding ritual especially if I expect to be interview by a man. I don't have to look for jobs often but it has worked for me for over ten years now. Job searching during certain astral periods may aid or hinder you depending on how they affect you and your placement on the celestial wheel. Some signs aren't mean to be interviewing during certain celestial times and if it must be done it might be necessary to rely on moon signs. The good news right now is that ® Mercury just passed as well as ® Saturn in Scorpio (beneficial for some but not all!)
"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#5 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:54 PM

Bratwurst? Do tell.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#6 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

Bratwurst? Do tell.

It's not much to it, just a ritual ingredient I learned for empowerment in dealings with men mostly because of the phallic appearance I suppose. It's not something I would use regularly but definitely important for a job interview. I'm not currently, but most of my adult life I've been a vegetarian so I've made adjustments accordingly with vegan links and such a few times. Almost all jobs I've interviewed for were with men and the very small amount of ones that I bombed and didn't get the job happened to be ones that were conducted by women unexpectedly. 2, maybe 3 total at most.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#7 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

So I've recently finished my qualification and am now applying for jobs. I was wondering, what's something you'd do to increase your chances of getting a job? (once all mundane aspects are accounted for)

At the moment I'm pretty much winging it XD

If possible, send a paper version of your CV, with a (discreet) charmed signature
One trick that I learnt that may help if you really want a position, is to produce a fac-simile of your future payslip at the place, properly worked in a spell.
A mixture of peppermint, malva and olive leaves in a bag, carried around for a couple of days before the interview, may help build your confidence and boost social skills.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#8 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:17 PM

I've had great success in creating a job pouch. I normally place three shiny penny's in it as a nod to Papa Legba to open up the crossroads needed to open up a spell. I then fill it with various herbs and I'll often write a bit of a chant and make a scroll out of it. I keep the pouch with me or at least in my car and will occasionally pull out the scroll, unwind and read it aloud.

The reason I do the scroll is because it's a tactile, and I'm unwinding/unrolling what's blocking my path and allowing it in.

---

For other people I've created job spells in which I find a small jar, pop in the pennys, herbs, and whatever else calls to be in there. Sometimes a sample of their writing, or at least a note of what job they are looking for. I place it on one of my alters and activate it with a bell. Throughout the allotted time period I will ring the bell, reactivating the spell with the intention that any resumes find the proper "best" job out there. I've found that with this in particular the jobs my friends have ended up with weren't what they were aiming for but ended up being a better fit.

---

I know they both sound a tad silly, but the ease of it and my personal success rate keeps it on my list.

#9 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

I also have a job pouch of sorts, so none of that sounds silly. I already have a job, so mine is a little different. I work as a server while I continue my education, and it can be a hectic and unforgiving job at times. I keep various stones in my pouch (which stays in my apron) for mental clarity, monetary success, communication, and stress relieving. It's worked well for me thus far. Although I'm not sure how often I should cleanse the stones... With as much shit as I tend to deal during my shift I'm surprised they haven't shattered :wallbash: :stars:

Yup, just a little bit of pixie dust...

#10 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

You can lay them out in the moonlight on the full moon, smudge or sit in salt. Do you cleanse them all together?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#11 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

For myself: I'd spell the shit outta my résumé (even if it's freaking awesome without a spell) Something compelling, to ensure an interview.

I took a key and spelled it with success oil. I instructed my friend to carry the key with him while interviewing. I also cleansed all his work related items (cell phone, briefcase, pen..etc). The spell worked. He got the job/position/salary he'd been trying to get for 2 years.

@ Caps: If you were to add fish :tongue: to that Bratwurst dinner ( baked clams or some such ) do you think it could balance out the spell-- or would this disrupt the male energy?
How might that spell be worked to draw upon both genders...? <---- entirely rhetorical

Edited by Nikki, 24 October 2015 - 05:01 PM.

- Pablo Neruda

#12 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:01 PM

If I want to draw something to me (and it could be most anything), I always use sugar. Sugar draws ants, why wouldn't it draw anything else?

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#13 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:16 AM

^^ True. I also find that sugar works faster than honey or anything that's syrupy thick.

Edited by Nikki, 13 October 2015 - 12:17 AM.

- Pablo Neruda

#14 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:46 AM

Sorry for not replying to you all sooner, got super busy with work and writing applications. Seems that what I'm doing is working since I've had one interview so far. Will be adding more replies soon :)

#15 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

Sorry for not replying to you all sooner, got super busy with work and writing applications. Seems that what I'm doing is working since I've had one interview so far. Will be adding more replies soon :smile:

Yep I'm totally great at remembering to do things... I have been absent for a while due to things going very poorly, including many rejection letters (though I have also have quite a few interviews), other bad news and a hoard of bills coming in. It has not been great for my mental health so I pretty much shut down and stuck with doing the bare necessities. Anyway, getting back into things, thankful this community exists.

#16 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:24 AM

I'd work with herbs that help increase your chances of getting hired, like basil, bergamot, devil's shoestring, bay, bayberry, and so on. Also, sigils.

I will get onto the herb thing, I already have access to basil and bay so that's something. I have a sigil that I created to assist with my studies that I left room on to tweak for becoming successful in the field, I think I'll dig that out and work on it again. Thank you.

I normally eat bratwurst the night before an interview in a type of commanding ritual especially if I expect to be interview by a man. I don't have to look for jobs often but it has worked for me for over ten years now. Job searching during certain astral periods may aid or hinder you depending on how they affect you and your placement on the celestial wheel. Some signs aren't mean to be interviewing during certain celestial times and if it must be done it might be necessary to rely on moon signs. The good news right now is that ® Mercury just passed as well as ® Saturn in Scorpio (beneficial for some but not all!)

These interviews are conducted by a panel so it's usually around 3 people, and I won't know who they are aside from the person who contacted me, that said, it's something to mull over.
I am awful with astrology, I find it utterly confusing (I think it's the maths), I'm pretty much applying for anything that I can as finding work and finding it soon is important.

If possible, send a paper version of your CV, with a (discreet) charmed signature
One trick that I learnt that may help if you really want a position, is to produce a fac-simile of your future payslip at the place, properly worked in a spell.
A mixture of peppermint, malva and olive leaves in a bag, carried around for a couple of days before the interview, may help build your confidence and boost social skills.

For this field all applications are digital, so I think the fac-similie would be the way to go. Also love the idea of herbs to build confidence and social skills, that's something I have trouble with.

I've had great success in creating a job pouch. I normally place three shiny penny's in it as a nod to Papa Legba to open up the crossroads needed to open up a spell. I then fill it with various herbs and I'll often write a bit of a chant and make a scroll out of it. I keep the pouch with me or at least in my car and will occasionally pull out the scroll, unwind and read it aloud.

The reason I do the scroll is because it's a tactile, and I'm unwinding/unrolling what's blocking my path and allowing it in.

---

For other people I've created job spells in which I find a small jar, pop in the pennys, herbs, and whatever else calls to be in there. Sometimes a sample of their writing, or at least a note of what job they are looking for. I place it on one of my alters and activate it with a bell. Throughout the allotted time period I will ring the bell, reactivating the spell with the intention that any resumes find the proper "best" job out there. I've found that with this in particular the jobs my friends have ended up with weren't what they were aiming for but ended up being a better fit.

---

I know they both sound a tad silly, but the ease of it and my personal success rate keeps it on my list.

I don't think they sound silly, I think they're good ideas and definitely something I can work with.

For myself: I'd spell the shit outta my résumé (even if it's freaking awesome without a spell) Something compelling, to ensure an interview.

I took a key and spelled it with success oil. I instructed my friend to carry the key with him while interviewing. I also cleansed all his work related items (cell phone, briefcase, pen..etc). The spell worked. He got the job/position/salary he'd been trying to get for 2 years

I have actually been wearing a key pendant around, perhaps I should work up some oil. Cleansing sounds like a good idea, particuarly after a rejection, might help with my confidence then too :smile:

If I want to draw something to me (and it could be most anything), I always use sugar. Sugar draws ants, why wouldn't it draw anything else?

Ah yes, I have head use of sweet things for drawing things and sweetening people towards me, good plan.

Edited by Kaye, 03 January 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#17 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

A job spell is quite specific.

Have you considered also doing a general prosperity/abundance working to support it (and you)?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#18 LongGone

LongGone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

I agree with RR. I have found that spellcraft for a very specific thing often ends with a disappointment. Too focused? I have found better results when working towards opportunities to present themselves, wisdom/ guidance in a situation, if i have a skill or attribute I feel is lacking I work towards resolving that (for me it is always anxiety!). I guess I think of it more as finessing my way to a desired result. Oh and when things start to go well I always burn offerings of some kind related to my spell in thanks.

#19 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

A job spell is quite specific.

Have you considered also doing a general prosperity/abundance working to support it (and you)?

That's actually a really good idea, thanks

#20 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

I agree with RR. I have found that spellcraft for a very specific thing often ends with a disappointment. Too focused? I have found better results when working towards opportunities to present themselves, wisdom/ guidance in a situation, if i have a skill or attribute I feel is lacking I work towards resolving that (for me it is always anxiety!). I guess I think of it more as finessing my way to a desired result. Oh and when things start to go well I always burn offerings of some kind related to my spell in thanks.

yeah I'll admit there has been some disappointment related to spell work and job hunting for me. I'm trying to think of the rejections as a sign that perhaps a slightly different direction is needed. (I need to get work in the field so that I can become accredited, it's mostly about hours, contracts and short vs long term etc)