Job Magic

Kaye

So I've recently finished my qualification and am now applying for jobs. I was wondering, what's something you'd do to increase your chances of getting a job? (once all mundane aspects are accounted for)

At the moment I'm pretty much winging it XD

I normally eat bratwurst the night before an interview in a type of commanding ritual especially if I expect to be interview by a man. I don't have to look for jobs often but it has worked for me for over ten years now. Job searching during certain astral periods may aid or hinder you depending on how they affect you and your placement on the celestial wheel. Some signs aren't mean to be interviewing during certain celestial times and if it must be done it might be necessary to rely on moon signs. The good news right now is that ® Mercury just passed as well as ® Saturn in Scorpio (beneficial for some but not all!)

Bratwurst? Do tell.

It's not much to it, just a ritual ingredient I learned for empowerment in dealings with men mostly because of the phallic appearance I suppose. It's not something I would use regularly but definitely important for a job interview. I'm not currently, but most of my adult life I've been a vegetarian so I've made adjustments accordingly with vegan links and such a few times. Almost all jobs I've interviewed for were with men and the very small amount of ones that I bombed and didn't get the job happened to be ones that were conducted by women unexpectedly. 2, maybe 3 total at most.

So I've recently finished my qualification and am now applying for jobs. I was wondering, what's something you'd do to increase your chances of getting a job? (once all mundane aspects are accounted for)

At the moment I'm pretty much winging it XD

If possible, send a paper version of your CV, with a (discreet) charmed signature

One trick that I learnt that may help if you really want a position, is to produce a fac-simile of your future payslip at the place, properly worked in a spell.

A mixture of peppermint, malva and olive leaves in a bag, carried around for a couple of days before the interview, may help build your confidence and boost social skills.

I've had great success in creating a job pouch. I normally place three shiny penny's in it as a nod to Papa Legba to open up the crossroads needed to open up a spell. I then fill it with various herbs and I'll often write a bit of a chant and make a scroll out of it. I keep the pouch with me or at least in my car and will occasionally pull out the scroll, unwind and read it aloud.

The reason I do the scroll is because it's a tactile, and I'm unwinding/unrolling what's blocking my path and allowing it in.

---

For other people I've created job spells in which I find a small jar, pop in the pennys, herbs, and whatever else calls to be in there. Sometimes a sample of their writing, or at least a note of what job they are looking for. I place it on one of my alters and activate it with a bell. Throughout the allotted time period I will ring the bell, reactivating the spell with the intention that any resumes find the proper "best" job out there. I've found that with this in particular the jobs my friends have ended up with weren't what they were aiming for but ended up being a better fit.

---

I know they both sound a tad silly, but the ease of it and my personal success rate keeps it on my list.

I also have a job pouch of sorts, so none of that sounds silly. I already have a job, so mine is a little different. I work as a server while I continue my education, and it can be a hectic and unforgiving job at times. I keep various stones in my pouch (which stays in my apron) for mental clarity, monetary success, communication, and stress relieving. It's worked well for me thus far. Although I'm not sure how often I should cleanse the stones... With as much shit as I tend to deal during my shift I'm surprised they haven't shattered :wallbash: :stars:

For myself: I'd spell the shit outta my résumé (even if it's freaking awesome without a spell) Something compelling, to ensure an interview.

I took a key and spelled it with success oil. I instructed my friend to carry the key with him while interviewing. I also cleansed all his work related items (cell phone, briefcase, pen..etc). The spell worked. He got the job/position/salary he'd been trying to get for 2 years.

@ Caps: If you were to add fish :tongue: to that Bratwurst dinner ( baked clams or some such ) do you think it could balance out the spell-- or would this disrupt the male energy?

How might that spell be worked to draw upon both genders...? <---- entirely rhetorical

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying to you all sooner, got super busy with work and writing applications. Seems that what I'm doing is working since I've had one interview so far. Will be adding more replies soon :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not replying to you all sooner, got super busy with work and writing applications. Seems that what I'm doing is working since I've had one interview so far. Will be adding more replies soon :smile:

Yep I'm totally great at remembering to do things... I have been absent for a while due to things going very poorly, including many rejection letters (though I have also have quite a few interviews), other bad news and a hoard of bills coming in. It has not been great for my mental health so I pretty much shut down and stuck with doing the bare necessities. Anyway, getting back into things, thankful this community exists.

I'd work with herbs that help increase your chances of getting hired, like basil, bergamot, devil's shoestring, bay, bayberry, and so on. Also, sigils.

I will get onto the herb thing, I already have access to basil and bay so that's something. I have a sigil that I created to assist with my studies that I left room on to tweak for becoming successful in the field, I think I'll dig that out and work on it again. Thank you.

I normally eat bratwurst the night before an interview in a type of commanding ritual especially if I expect to be interview by a man. I don't have to look for jobs often but it has worked for me for over ten years now. Job searching during certain astral periods may aid or hinder you depending on how they affect you and your placement on the celestial wheel. Some signs aren't mean to be interviewing during certain celestial times and if it must be done it might be necessary to rely on moon signs. The good news right now is that ® Mercury just passed as well as ® Saturn in Scorpio (beneficial for some but not all!)

These interviews are conducted by a panel so it's usually around 3 people, and I won't know who they are aside from the person who contacted me, that said, it's something to mull over.

I am awful with astrology, I find it utterly confusing (I think it's the maths), I'm pretty much applying for anything that I can as finding work and finding it soon is important.

If possible, send a paper version of your CV, with a (discreet) charmed signature

One trick that I learnt that may help if you really want a position, is to produce a fac-simile of your future payslip at the place, properly worked in a spell.

A mixture of peppermint, malva and olive leaves in a bag, carried around for a couple of days before the interview, may help build your confidence and boost social skills.

For this field all applications are digital, so I think the fac-similie would be the way to go. Also love the idea of herbs to build confidence and social skills, that's something I have trouble with.

I've had great success in creating a job pouch. I normally place three shiny penny's in it as a nod to Papa Legba to open up the crossroads needed to open up a spell. I then fill it with various herbs and I'll often write a bit of a chant and make a scroll out of it. I keep the pouch with me or at least in my car and will occasionally pull out the scroll, unwind and read it aloud.

The reason I do the scroll is because it's a tactile, and I'm unwinding/unrolling what's blocking my path and allowing it in.

---

For other people I've created job spells in which I find a small jar, pop in the pennys, herbs, and whatever else calls to be in there. Sometimes a sample of their writing, or at least a note of what job they are looking for. I place it on one of my alters and activate it with a bell. Throughout the allotted time period I will ring the bell, reactivating the spell with the intention that any resumes find the proper "best" job out there. I've found that with this in particular the jobs my friends have ended up with weren't what they were aiming for but ended up being a better fit.

---

I know they both sound a tad silly, but the ease of it and my personal success rate keeps it on my list.

I don't think they sound silly, I think they're good ideas and definitely something I can work with.

For myself: I'd spell the shit outta my résumé (even if it's freaking awesome without a spell) Something compelling, to ensure an interview.

I took a key and spelled it with success oil. I instructed my friend to carry the key with him while interviewing. I also cleansed all his work related items (cell phone, briefcase, pen..etc). The spell worked. He got the job/position/salary he'd been trying to get for 2 years.

I have actually been wearing a key pendant around, perhaps I should work up some oil. Cleansing sounds like a good idea, particuarly after a rejection, might help with my confidence then too :smile:

If I want to draw something to me (and it could be most anything), I always use sugar. Sugar draws ants, why wouldn't it draw anything else?

Ah yes, I have head use of sweet things for drawing things and sweetening people towards me, good plan.

I agree with RR. I have found that spellcraft for a very specific thing often ends with a disappointment. Too focused? I have found better results when working towards opportunities to present themselves, wisdom/ guidance in a situation, if i have a skill or attribute I feel is lacking I work towards resolving that (for me it is always anxiety!). I guess I think of it more as finessing my way to a desired result. Oh and when things start to go well I always burn offerings of some kind related to my spell in thanks.

A job spell is quite specific.

Have you considered also doing a general prosperity/abundance working to support it (and you)?

That's actually a really good idea, thanks

I agree with RR. I have found that spellcraft for a very specific thing often ends with a disappointment. Too focused? I have found better results when working towards opportunities to present themselves, wisdom/ guidance in a situation, if i have a skill or attribute I feel is lacking I work towards resolving that (for me it is always anxiety!). I guess I think of it more as finessing my way to a desired result. Oh and when things start to go well I always burn offerings of some kind related to my spell in thanks.

yeah I'll admit there has been some disappointment related to spell work and job hunting for me. I'm trying to think of the rejections as a sign that perhaps a slightly different direction is needed. (I need to get work in the field so that I can become accredited, it's mostly about hours, contracts and short vs long term etc)

I came across a spell last night that said to write wishes on bay leaves and burn them for the wishes to come true. Maybe something like that in conjunction with your other spellcraft? That way you have something specific along with something more about opportunities to influence said situation. Cover all bases type. There was something about it I liked, so I decided to add it to my bag of tricks to try out later.

I would do a prosperity spell containing the following herbs(as many as you can gather together) : basil, bay, clove (strengthens spells), cinnamon, mustard seed, fennel (for confidence), rosemary, strawberry leaf, cedar. And I add some sea salt. Cut herbs up finely and burn them in a brazier or sprinkle them over/ roll them onto a candle. If you do sigil magic carve the appropriate sigils into the wax with the thorn of a rose. Citronella is my favorite for this type of work, but you can use basic white. Burn the candle all the way down. I burn incense usually lavender or sandalwood and a stick of vanilla to draw the spirits. If I'm doing candle magic I place the candle over a covered dish holding coins and a sprig of strawberry. While the incense is burning I meditate on what I am in need of, opportunities, inspiration, wisdom strength in whatever way I could best utilize those things in order to fulfill my needs. I usually spend 15-30 minutes focusing on my spell. Often I get new ideas about how to deal with my situation. When I am feeling more positive about the situation I leave my candle to burn out on its own (safely). Then I work on any inspired ideas, like if you came up with the idea for a new place to put in a CV. If anything positive happens burn a stick of incense for the spirits in thanks. Anyway thats my basic prosperity spell. Maybe you can get some use out of it. I have used it with real success.

• 6 months later...

You can lay them out in the moonlight on the full moon, smudge or sit in salt. Do you cleanse them all together?

I laid them all out together during the last full moon, (thank you for that, btw!) Crystals are not exactly my forte, should I cleanse them separately? I figure if they're going to be working together then I should cleanse them together.

I have used Bay Leaves while crafting spells for others many times with great success. I use a green paint or marker and write their name along with job on the leaf, or any other words/symbols that I feel is suited for the spell. I burn herbs as incense that I associate with wealth/working/success/jobs etc, and I light the bay leaf on fire ( sometimes it needs a bit of oil/liquid of your choice to help it burn) and place it in a fire safe dish and I speak the spell, and sit and focus a while until the bay leaf is completely extinguished. You could either put the ashes into a job success bag with other items, or if they are long distance , I find simply blowing the ash outside works as well. 

I used a very simple pin and candle spell to find my current job. You know, curve your desire on a candle and mark it into several parts with pins and anoint oil and whatnot. A user in another job thread mentioned this procedure is especially good when you've been stuck in a situation, like unemployment, for long, and my experience made me agree with her.

Just be very careful about what you ask. The job you think you want may not be as good as you thought. A vacancy that's right for you may take time to appear (or, in my case, to be created). 

Archived