• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Onewitchwonder

Onewitchwonder

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:58 AM

Hello everyone, so I am writing this mainly to share my experience with everyone but also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the matter. Recently I have been helping a friend of mine out for about the last month babysitting her five year old daughter when she has to go to work. She is a single mother who has recently gotten back into the dating scene and is trying to get her life back together. They moved into a new home about 8 months ago that she is trying to rent to own with money that was left to her by her late aunt. About the time she moved in her daughter began to talk about her new imaginary friend named Carey. At first she didn't think anything of it until some odd happenings started to occur and some of her daughters pictures became a little more disturbing. My friend, we'll call her Carol to protect identity, began to wonder if something was going on. She's not a particularly religious woman but somewhat spiritual. That's where I came in, I won't go into much detail about what I practice or do, but suffice it to say that it is definitely not your run of the mill spirituality and I am quite heavily learned and involved in it. No it is not Wicca. No offense to the wiccans, but I digress. Anyway she wanted me to come start babysitting mainly out of the need for a babysitter but partly because she said it made her feel comfortable to have someone familiar with such circumstances on the off chance that something was going on. I don't really have a set schedule, it all changes depending on hers but as it stands I usually about 2-3 times a week for a period of 4-5 hours sometimes more. At first I did notice some very odd feelings and things but have promised carol I would not do anything to rouse suspicion or encourage the behavior. The only time that I discuss anything with her daughter is only if she brings her friends up first and I do not lead the conversation in any way, just allow her to say whatever she has on her mind. Coincidently, my husband is a clinical social worker who happens to work primarily with children and has been able to interact with her on neumbrous occasions. Although he cannot officially counsel or diagnos her, he says he sees no abnormalities or anything that would explain this behavior to put it in my own words. Any way the reason I have decided to write this is because of the events of the last week. I spent 2 days babysitting this last week on Wednesday and Friday in the afternoon up until the early night and things have gotten interesting. There has always been a few bumps and sounds that may or may not be something questionable and the odd chill when you walk into a room but I tend to be skeptical when it comes to these things because I have found more times than not that people's imaginations will get the best of them. However there was an even that happened on Wednesday in which I left the girl in her room playing with Carey, drawing pictures in particular, for no more than 2 minutes to run downstairs to get drinks and when I came back her entire box of 120 crayons that had been strewn about the desk and floor were all neatly lined up, standing up, on top of her dresser that she has no way to reach even on a chair. That is to me something that although could have a logical explanation, certainly at least can raise other questions in your mind just as easily. So after moving the crayons back to the desk I asked her who put them there she said Carey wanted to show you she could tidy up. Shortly after her mother came home and I discussed the situation with her, and she said similar things had happened to her and seemed to be distressed. We came up with a plan which I will get into shortly and it seemed to suffice. In the meantime I went to tell her goodbye and I asked her to draw me pictures of her friends and tell me about them for when I came back Friday. I told her draw anything she wanted and did not ask for anything in particular. So when I came back Friday I told her mother that I would do a small blessing and clearing in her daughters room without telling her what it was. I brought a smudge stick of bound white sage and burned it while singing special Sanskrit prayers of protection. She was very curious about it and I told her we were having a singing party and that the smoke was kid of like a fog machine at shows to make it a cool atmosphere. She got really excited and started singing and dancing along. After, she showed me the pictures she drew and explained them to me, I am going to attach a link with them so you can make your own judgment and I will try to find out more info as time goes on. After she showed me the pictures I knew I needed to share them. It wasn't until earlier today when I went back over to give carol a cook book she wanted to borrow and her daughter gave me another picture that I knew I needed to share them asap. If the original ones she drew weren't creepy enough, she had done one that morning before I came over of us in her room with me doing the cleansing showing some of the not so friendly "imaginary" people being very obviously perturbed at what I was doing. Let me also mention here that there is no was she could have heard me and her mother discussing this as a blessing or cleansing as it was done outside by my car while she was upstairs in her room, and that not once did I mention in any way that this was anything other than us just singing and having fun. Yes I'm sure there many explinations one could come up with to justify how she may have known something was up and then put two and two together and drew a picture about it. But I will let you be the judge of that and the pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/ASVNA

Sincerely,
Me

Hi there again everyone. So I got a comment on the first part of this that I posted asking to put what the images my friends daughter drew say at the bottom so they can be more easily read. Since I can't figure out how to do it on imagur I am going to put it on here and give a few updates. If you want to skip straight to what the images say just scroll to the bottom of the post. Anyway to recap, my friends daughter has been playing with some very strange "imaginary friends" and I babysit for her a few times a week. If you want the full part of the background just look for scary Carey on no sleep subreddit. To expound on what was put there, my friend Carol, has been trying to make sense of some of the things that have been going on. After going to her house yesterday to lend her a cook book I had her daughter Ali gave me a picture that was quite disturbing depicting the blessing I did in her room showing the not so friendly spirits being quite upset by it, although she had no idea that I was doing any type of cleansing or prayers. After she gave me the picture she ran off up to her bedroom to continue playing with her "imaginary" friend Carey. Carol and I were dumbfounded by the picture and she just looked at it speechless for a few seconds until we heard little pitter pattering feet coming back down the stairs. Ali was back at the bottom looking into the kitchen where we were drinking coffee. She smiled and said "aren't you coming? Carey wants to show you something." Carol looked up and said "ok sweety, I'm on my way" but before she could get out of the chair Ali said "not you silly! I'm talking to Carey's mommy" with an innocent playful grin. Carol looked a little concerned, but it wasn't until the wind chimes that she keeps hanging by her kitchen door jingled like something brushed past them that she got the distinct look of fear in her eye. Now there were absolutely no cross breezes or fans going at the time, and the chimed had been completely silent up until this point and only moved the one time like someone had just walked by. Ali stuck her little arm out like she was taking hold of someone else's hand and just started walking back up the stairs. In the pictures that Ali drew for me the majority show that supposedly Carey's mom tends to linger by Carol. We don't really know why, but Carol has said on many occasions since they moved in she has felt like someone is watching her or that she's not ever really alone. In fact recently before these pictures were drawn about two weeks ago she told me that the feeling is there so much she had gotten used to it. After that incident though she began to get a little upset and even began to tear up. We had a long talk about everything and she told me every night she goes to sleep she is concerned for Ali's safety and that she's at her witts end. Speaking from my humble but somewhat informed opinion I told her I believed that Carey and her mother, assuming they are real, are nothing to be concerned about. They seem innocuous, if not benevolent towards Ali and herself. However I did mention that the characters of the watcher and the mean man/mad man since Ali seems to use these terms interchangeably do seem to be at least a little concerning. Carol told me that ever since they moved into this house Ali had avoided any places that are dark, even though before they came her she never seemed to have that fear. Now to me a five year old being afraid of the dark really isn't cause for any red flags or alarms but coupled with the information that has also been given I could say there is some kind of link between these occurrences. She also said that Ali does not like her closet and from the information that Ali has given us it would appear that the watcher tends to linger in that area and is only seen in rooms that are somewhat dark at the time. Carol told me that one of the most frightening events she has had there was during one night, she was in her room sitting at the foot of her bed looking at an email on her phone when Ali walked by the door and stopped. She looked up at Ali and asked her if she needed something but Ali was just looking at her with wide eyes and a somewhat scared expression. She kept pressing Ali on why she was standing there and she finally said "you are really brave mommy. Even Carey's mommy won't go in a room when he is in it." Carol asked what's she was talking about and Ali said "watcher is sitting right behind you mommy, he's bad." Carol said she stood up off the bed feeling a bit freaked out hearing the creek her bed makes when weight is shifted and was right about to turn around and look when she heard another very distinct creek as if someone else had just gotten off the bed. She said she was much too afraid to look behind her even though she was sure she wouldn't see anything. Instead she just walked out into the hall with Ali and mustering all the courage she could said "well sweety, the trick is, if you aren't afraid of someone like that they can't hurt you." And then she said that what Ali told her, made her instantly sick to her stomach. Ali replied very seriously "you are wrong mommy, he can hurt you. He likes hurting" Carol said she decided that she and Ali were going to sleep in the living room that night with all the lights on and having movies on the tv. She told Ali they were playing slumber party. That's the one big thing about Carol is that no matter what's going on she will not let her daughter believe that she is afraid or let her know that she is truly concerned about any of this. She does a very good job playing it off and making it seem like nothing. Any way, I am supposed to go back over there tonight with my husband for a movie night with them. Carol has been a little nervous with everything going on and I told her that we would come and have a good time to take her mind off of everything. She asked me if I could bring a few more things tonight that may be able to help with the situation and I told her I absolutely would. I will update again after everything and let you know what's going on.

Ok so here are what the pictures say and I will repost the link at the bottom so you can see them again.

So the first picture is a picture of Ali, Carey and the watcher in her bedroom window. It has there names by them and then says "me and Carey like to play but we don't like the watcher"

The next one is just a picture of them all outside with their names by them. The man next to Carol "mommy" is her current boyfriend/ guy she is seeing Brandon. They haven't been going out that long and I have yet to really spend any time with him. Next to him is their dog Sheiko but Ali calls him "bops" for some reason. I don't know how she got bops out of Sheiko but that's what's she had called him for as long as I can remember. Then the watcher is now in the background I am assuming in the yard and the "mean man/mad man" is in her bedroom window.

The third picture is of Carey and her mommy. It says this is Carey and her mommy, they like me. Carey's mommy has a funny face and her mouth is if. She has lots of bo bos "what Ali calls wounds or cuts) a lot more than Carey but she is ok. It appears to me that in all the drawings the red seem to be the "bo bos" and Carey has one on her chest or stomach and one of her eyes, but her mother seems to be covered in them. I am assuming the dripping red is dripping blood but that is just a little too gruesome to think about for a 5 year old to be seeing so I am trying to convince myself maybe it's something else.

The fourth is of the watcher and the mean man it says "this is watcher and mean man. Carey says I should stay away from them. Watcher looks at me but doesn't talk. He is cold. Mean man is scary I don't like him. His face has a big bo bo on its side and he yells a lot and makes trouble." The funny thing is that Carol says when she has had expieriences in which Ali has mentioned the watcher being there she always noticed that it was very cold in the room or that she had a chill.

The fifth one is of Carol and Brandon on the couch. With Carey's mom behind them and bops to her side. Carey and Ali are in the foreground, as the mean man looks on from the stairs and the watcher is in what would appear to be there kitchen if you were looking at it from this perspective in her home. It says "mommy likes Brandon but Carey says he's bad (misspelled dad on the picture, a slight moment of dyslexia maybe lol) Carey's mom wants to help mommy but she can't see her. She says he is like the mean man. I don't like the mean man, he is bad and hurts me sometimes and he hurts bops. He scares me when he's here. He comes around when mommy and Brandon are together." I don't know what to make out of all of this, as I said I haven't had the time to really get to know Brandon but the one time I did meet him he seemed pleasant enough if not a little standoffish. I don't know if Ali means to say that the mean man only comes around when Brandon is there or if he just becomes more active when Carol and he are together but it does seem a little odd. From what Carol had said Brandon seems like a nice enough guy, and is usually always kind to Ali when they do interact. She had only been seeing him about a month and a half though, so maybe Ali just needs time to warm up to him. Carol has not mentioned anything to him about Carey or any of the events and as far as we know he just thinks that Ali has an imaginary friend. Carol says he has not mentioned anything strange while being in the house so as far as we know he hasn't experienced anything abnormal or paranormal while being there.

The sixth picture is of Ali in her bedroom with Carey by her bed and the watcher in her closet. Carol looks on in the bedroom with Carey's mom behind her. It says "when it's time to go to sleep mommy comes to say goodnight. Carey's mom comes too but mommy can't see her or Carey. Carey doesn't like being around when the watcher is there. He stays in my closet sometimes. I don't like him.

The last picture is of when I was babysitting her the last time and did a small cleansing ritual in her room which I told her was a singing party and that the smoke was like a fog machine in a show to make it look cool. This is the most recent one and by far it is the most interesting to me. Because I see no way how she could come up with the idea that what I was doing was trying to drive away anything evil, and that the apparent negative characters are not liking this. The prayers I sang were in Sanskrit and have an upbeat tune so it's not like she could have equated the words to what was going on. Any way, it depicts me, her, Carey and Carey's mom in the room. I have a smudge stick in my hand and the watcher and the mean man look ok being upset. I found it odd that the watcher was drawn a lot darker in this picture and asked Ali why after she gave it to me. She said because when we were singing the watcher got really dark and cold and was making "bear noises" when I was doing it. This is the first time she has mentioned hearing anything from him and she said that he and the mean man didn't like it at all and that they really didn't like me. She said after I did it she didn't see them in her room or anywhere for the rest of the night and well into the next morning. The picture says "Kolton (my name actually Coleton) came to visit today. Carey and her mom like him. He believes in them and says even though he can't see them all the time but he feels them. Today he burned some leaves (my smudge stick of bound white sage) and we sang in my room. Carey and her mom liked this. Watcher and mean man were mad. They didn't like it at all and they left the room for a long time.

Sincerely,
Coleton

Hello again everyone, I have some good information to update everybody on. So first of all to recap for anyone who isn't aware, I babysit for a friend of mines five year old girl. They moved into a house about 8 months ago, at which point her daughter Ali began to play with a new imaginary friend. My friend, her mom who I call Carol to protect her identity, thought nothing of this until some odd events began taking place and Ali's pictures began to get a little more disturbing. If you would like to read the full accounts I will post the link to the other reddits at the end of this, or you can search scary Carey and scary Carey no. 2. Anyway now for the updates. My husband and I went to Carol's house tonight to have a movie night and take her mind off of things. We cooked dinner, and watched a wonderful classic Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy movie called Desk Set (which is one of the best movies of all time and you should do yourself a favor and watch it) which is a very light hearted old fashioned romantic comedy. During dinner my husband, carol and I ate in the kitchen while Ali and supposedly Carey ate in the living room within eyesight of her mother the whole time eating macaroni and cheese and watching her absolute favorite movie of all time Frozen. Which after having babysat her for the last few months and having been made to watch this movie at least on a biweekly basis over that period, it has now become the bane of my existence but I digress. Over dinner we discussed out of ear shot some of the things that had been going on. I will recount just a few of the instances Carol filled us in on. After having just moved into the house, about a month into it, that's the first time Carol can consciously remember becoming aware of Carey. She thinks that Ali may have mentioned her before that, but that's when she remembers her becoming a frequent topic of conversation. Shortly after that over the period of two weeks the other entities became apparent. First came Carey's mom, then the watcher and finally the mean man. At first Carol was fine with Carey and her mom until one day Ali drew a picture of them and Carol said she noticed that they looked rather gruesome and had what appeared to be blood and wounds. Carol is a very over protective mother and never lets her daughter watch horror movies or anything that would put those images into her head. They also do not have cable, relying only on Netflix, DVDs and Hulu as their main source of entertainment. She has a lock on the adult accounts so that Ali can only access the children's versions. Ali has gone to day cars to interact with other children but very rarely goes to other children's homes, most her friends come there for play dates and has never spent the night anywhere. I will agree it is entirely possible she has been exposed to images that may have contributed to the theme of her pictures at some point, but I will say it's highly unlikely. Also without regard to Carey and her other "imaginary" friends Ali is a very girly girl liking everything pink, and fluffy, and butterflies and the typical girl stuff. Nothing but then seem to be so very... Ungirlish... So as this continued for a time and as Ali began to become afraid of the dark, and her closet she began to draw pictures and speak of the watcher and the mean man. From what we know, the watcher likes to appear in dark places and mainly stays in Ali's closet. The mean man seems to stay in a particular room which Carol uses for storage but is technically what one would consider a study or office. He seems to come out more when Carols boyfriend/guy she is dating Brandon comes around. According to Ali the watcher never speaks, only looks on but she, Carey and Carey's mommy don't like him and are afraid of him. The mean man/mad man is also frightful and makes lots of loud noises, yells and "makes trouble" according to Ali. She also says that he has hurt her on occasion and their dog Sheiko, which Ali calls bops. Carol has said that she has noticed small scratches or bruises on Ali before but nothing too severe chalking it up to just a clumsy five year old. She has also noticed Sheiko barking at the storage room/ possible office a lot and at thin air at times only to yelp then run away from that spot quickly. Here are three instances of what Carol believed to be contributed to paranormal activity in the home. One afternoon a few months ago, she was home alone while Ali was at a daycare when she decided to take a nap. She had been cleaning Ali's room, and decided to lay down on the bed and rest her eyes for a few minutes. After having just dosed off for about 20 minutes she said her woke to the slamming of a door. She looked around the room as it had sounded close, not like it was downstairs and began to investigate. She noted an intense chill in the air, but chalked it up to having just woken up. Finally she remembered that Ali's closet door had been wide open as she was putting close away in it when she had fallen asleep, and how when she had woken up it was now shut. It is doubtful that a breeze had closed the door as there is no cross ventilation up there and due to the fact that the door drags on the carpet in the room. She said that for it to slam shut, someone would have it intentionally push on it very hard from the outside ....or pull on it very quickly from the inside. What makes this event even more chilling was the fact that when Carol picked Ali up from daycare, on the ride home Ali said "mommy, why did you sleep in my bed today? You have your own silly" to which Carol queried "how did you know I slept in your bed sweety." Ali responded "Carey's mommy came with you to pick us up. She said you fell asleep on my bed, but the watcher woke you up when he shut his door. Be careful mommy, he is bad" Carol was quite freaked out by this but decided to try and put it out of her mind. Another occurrence happened a few weeks later when Ali and Carol were home together one morning. Carol had cooked breakfast for Ali and went to wake her up. When she went into the room a very nasty pungent odor was lingering in the air by Ali's closet. She woke her up and told her breakfast was ready. Then asked her if she had hidden anything snacks in her closet (as Ali has had a tendency to hide food, I have found half eaten sandwiches in drawers, cereal with milk included in a bowl under the bed and even a few slices of cheese behind some curtains before. She says she likes to save them for later.) Ali told her no, that she knew she was not supposed to do that anymore but Carol thought she may be lying to avoid trouble. She sent Ali downstairs to start breakfast and decided to look through the closet. As she was doing so, she said the smell just vanished. Finally after a few more minutes finding nothing she decided to just give up and head downstairs too. She sat down and started to eat with Ali when Ali looked up with big eyes and an uneasy expression fixed on the open pantry. Before Carol could ask her what she was looking at she said that horrible smell came to her again and she started to look around under the table and on her shoes thinking that their dog may have had an accident until Ali said in a very serious voice. "Oh no, he followed us downstairs mommy." Carol looked at her and asked who and Ali replied the watcher. Carol was of course disturbed by this but decided not to indulge it, told Ali to ignore him and finish breakfast. She says that this smell has accompanied quite a few instances surrounding the watcher stories before. Finally, one night not too long ago, Carol had invited Brandon over. They had only gone out maybe 3 times thus far but she decided she wanted to cook for him. Carol is not what one would call conservative but when it comes to Ali she does not like anything scandalous so she was not intending on him spending the night. Only coming to eat and stay for a while then going home. She said all three of them ate and visited, then Ali wanted to go upstairs to play with Carey. She explained to Brandon that was her imaginary friend and he played along with the idea. As she and Brandon were watching TV they heard a very loud bang from upstairs, then a crash, then the sound of Ali starting to cry. Carol ran upstairs and found Ali in her room. In the hallway there was glass on the ground from a blown out light bulb and a rather large book that normally sits on a table at the end of the hallway about 7 feet away from where it was now laying. She calmed Ali down and asked her what happened. After much coaxing Ali finally told her that the mad man had come up the stairs and started to yell at Carey's mom. Carey's mom doesn't like him at all, and told him to stay away from her (meaning stay away from Ali) then he started to say "bad words" and threw the book from across the hall without using his hands. When he threw the book the light blew out over his head and then he went away as Carol was coming up the stairs. Needless to say, Carol sent Brandon home so she could console Ali better and spend more time comforting her. She said for the rest of the night Ali just kept saying at different intervals "he's a bad bad man mommy. He does mean mean things." So there you have it. Those are some of the events that have transpired, there were others she told but I am trying to make this as short as I can. So further on the updates, tonight Carol finally told me that we she first got the house, the realtor disclosed there had been a violent crime committed there but that it had been quite a long time ago and the house had been almost completely remodeled since then. Carol said she didn't really think much of it at the time, and didn't ask for any details because she thought the more she new about it the more it would trouble her. In her mind, the less she knew, the less trouble there would be. Since the the crime, the home being in a residential and commercial area has been a law office, an accountants office and a small business. As far as she knows, no one else has reported any paranormal activity. But admittedly up to this point she really hasn't done any research to find out. She did email the realtor today to ask more about the crime, but did not mention anything about what has been going on. She also has googled her address but nothing of note has come up yet, again though she really hasn't dug, just tried a quick search and didn't immediately find anything. But it's what Ali drew tonight that I really want to bring to attention. While my husband, Carol and I watched Desk Set after dinner, Ali sat at her little desk not too far from the TV and drew pictures with Carey. I tried to look at them before she was done but she told me that I had to wait until she was finished with them all. As requested by Carol I brought a few more things to help cleanse and bless the house with and I packed them neatly in my backpack which Ali was not able to see. The plan was that during the movie I go up to Ali's room alone and do this without her knowing. When I went up there I told Ali that I wanted to go see her dolls and play with them by myself for a while. Carol told her to stay downstairs and keep drawing and watch the movie with them. So I went up to the room and shut the door. I began chanting some mantras of protection which my religion (Gaudiya Vaishnavism) prescribes to remove evil. I did this very quietly so as not to allow Ali to hear it even if she was listening at the door. I also used other items that my other crafts prescribe as cleansing and protecting. I practice many thing, my religion is Gaudiya Vaishavism, my crafts are supplementary and secondary to that. I burnt a brazier full of frankincense, myrrh, black Mayan copal, Amber, pinion pine, lavender, Rosemary, mugwort and basil all around the room paying special attention to her bed and especially the closet where I left it to burn out when I was done with the rest of the room. I sprinkled her entire room with blessing water, also known as indigo water or Marie Laveau water which contains sea water, rain water, river water, holy water, kosher salt, blue anil beads (a special blue mineral used in hoodoo and some South American religions to cleanse) and lavender essential oil all over the corners of her room, doorway, bed and into the closet. I then anointed the upper part of the closet with some condition oils known as cast off evil, barrier of protection, and my own special "kick your ass" oil. Then laid down a line of my special homemade protection powder in front of the closet door and the door into her room and all around her bed. I anointed her headboard with the oils as well, and some Gopi Chandan Tilak, Sacred Dust from Vrindavan India. I placed crystals under her bed that protect and cleanse such as amethyst, clear Quartz, hematite, Tigers eye, lapis lazuli, and orange topaz. Once I was done with everything I went downstairs and rejoined the group. When we were about to leave Ali gave me her pictures and it was the last one which really gave me the shivers. She had drawn a picture of me in her room doing the things I had done, while Carey's mom stood beside me and the watcher sat in the closet. I asked her Carol if Ali had gone upstairs and she assured me that she didn't leave her sight for even a second. That she had been at her desk the whole time drawing. I asked her how she knew what I was doing and she said that Carey's mommy had told her and "shown her" I don't know how she shows her or exactly what that means but it is very interesting. She added that Carey's mom was really happy about it, and that she liked me. But also warned me that the watcher and the mean man were really really angry. Which leads me to the second picture. I am going to post them and a transcript of what they say on here but I will admit that I told her specially to add something to the second picture, otherwise they all come completely from her with no direction or coaching. The only thing I asked her to add was on the second picture she told me the mean man was yelling, and saying bad words. I asked her what he said and I told her to write them on there. Then she asked me "how do you spell die" which made a chill go up my spine but I told her. Then after she looked up and said how do you spell fu****. We all stood there in shock. Carol makes it a point to never cuss in front of Ali, as do I. Now I will admit it is possible she heard it somewhere else, but up till now neither carol or myself have ever heard her say any kind of cuss word. I told her not to worry about it, told her not to use that word and that the picture was fine the way it was. So anyway that is the update for now.

Here are the transcripts of the pictures and at the bottom I will post the link.

First picture is of Carol, my husband George, and myself eating in the kitchen with Carey's mom watching us and the watcher looking in the window. Ali and Carey look in through the door. We all have our names by us. Underneath it says "Kolton (Coleton) Jorje (George) and mommy ate dinner in the kitchen. Me and Carey watched tv and are macaroni. Watched was outside he looks mad. Carey's mommy was happy Coleton and George were here. Me too.

The second picture is of us in the living room watching the movie. My husband and Carol are on the couch watching the movie, I am heading upstairs. The watcher looks in from the empty kitchen. Carey, and her mother wear sad expressions off to the side with Ali next to them smiling. The mad man is at the top of he stairs yelling Die. Under it says "George and mommy watch tv. Carey and me draw and watch tv too. Coleton wants to go to my room and play by himself. Mean man yelled loud and said bad words. He doesn't like Coleton. Carey and her mommy were scared. I told them not to be.

Finally the last drawing is of me in Ali's room. I am sprinkling the blessing water while Carey's mom stands behind me. My brazier burns on the floor in front of the closet as the watcher (colored much darker than usual) stands inside. At the bottom it says "Coleton went to my room and put rocks under my bed. Then he splashed water everywhere and burnt perfume in the closet. Watcher was really mans and left. Mean man was yelling louder outside. Carey's mommy was happy." As I said earlier, Carol and my husband assured me that Ali never left her desk in their room. On top up that her room is upstairs and I had the door shut. Even if she had been outside she couldn't see what I was doing as there isn't even a bottom crack of the door because it drags on the carpet like the closet door. I have no idea how to explain her drawing this other than what she told me. Not only did she draw this but right before we left she took me upstairs to her room, went right under her bed and pulled out the "rocks" I had put there and said "were you hiding presents for me?" I told her yes I was, but that's she needed to keep the under her bed or in the bed with her every night.

So this is the update for now, I will be putting the links to the new pictures and the links to the other reddits down here for those who are new. Please anyone who has any comments, suggestions, or any words at all feel free to leave them. Please share this with anyone who you think may like it or be able to contribute anything helpful!

http://imgur.com/a/Pm5i7

I will keep updating as soon as I get more information. Anyone with comments, questions or advice is more than welcome to reach out! Please share this with anyone you may think is interesting or could contribute something helpful!

Sincerely,
Coleton

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Have you done a history on the house? The drawings look 'bloody' to me. Was a family murdered in the house?

#3 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

My best advice:

Tell your friend to pack her shit and move. Now.

I grew up in a house with entities, and they helped themself to my mother's body and used her as a vessel. She is still insane, to a degree, and for the most part mentally incapable of caring for herself. This is a woman who has a Master's Degree in psychology and worked for Child Protective Services as an officer. Now...bedridden and sees shit out of the corner of her eyes. Can't remember who, what, or where she is most of the time. She's only 54.

Your friend needs to get the fuck outta there. Now. Yesterday.

Smudge and cleanse the poor baby as much as you can. Lay down brick dust and salt, and keep with all the hard work you have put in so far. You're a good friend to her. She is lucky to have you in her life, and as a part of her family, blood or no.

The child may be a medium. This may be a recurring problem no matter where she goes. It is time you started testing and training her, to find her strengths and so she can control the ability. It's for her own safety, like learning to swim so you don't drown. Unharnessed ability can drive a medium mad at an early age, so nip this in the bud before it happens.

Good luck.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#4 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Wish I'd had some popcorn! Really sinister drawings . As this was posted in a reddit subforum specifically for fictional horror stories (nosleep) I'm assuming this is just a great story.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#5 Onewitchwonder

Onewitchwonder

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

Hello everyone. Yes we are researching the history of the house. As far as moving goes, she would like to, but all her money is tied up in this house. Her aunt left her a good bit but it all went into getting this place and she isn't in the position to move now. But if worse comes to worse my husband and I will help her.

@pikkusisko yes I am the one who posted it on there. These events are truly happening, and I am trying my best to do what I can to help.

#6 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:55 AM

I think it is probably in their best interests to do as RL suggests and get the hell out of dodge.....

If that isn't possible, the thresholds of the house definitely need to be invoked, even if they won't be very strong at that point.

I'd really go for the spiritual napalm, burn a shitload of asafeotida and benzoin while chanting St. Michael's prayer(the full one) throughout the house.

Then, invoke.

Find out who died there and have masses sung for them at the local catholic church....it's only a few bucks, and can help.

You could always get more spirits...protectors, say four, from the local military graveyard, and pay them in liquor to evict anything nasty and guard that family....

This is really difficult stuff to give good advice on, since we can't be there to help.....I'm afraid to speculate, tbh....

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#7 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

Rachelliz and Aurelian have pretty much said it all. Get out or wage war. do you have a spiritualist church near you? You could maybe get a few of their members to do a cleanse
Star x

#8 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Onewitchwonder...I see from your profile that you are a psychic working with spirit boards and other modalities. What are your senses telling you about this situation. To me, it seems the spirit family is easy going, even protective. The only negative is the watcher. I think that the watcher is the only one who needs to be banished, while the rest need to be helped over. Perhaps, even the watcher needs to be helped over (although that might be quite a chore).

#9 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

@pikkusisko yes I am the one who posted it on there. These events are truly happening, and I am trying my best to do what I can to help.

That makes sense.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#10 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Puff of smoke disappearing act.

#11 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

Consider it a cliffhanger :spook:

#12 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

I honestly can't decide if I believe this story to be "real" or not.

Coleton, I haven't said anything on this yet, because I was waiting for something to be said-I don't know exactly what "that" is though (I know that couldn't be any more vague). I had a dream about this situation shortly before you came to this forum (or somewhere around there time wise). The dream wasn't "exactly" this, but close enough and the "feeling" I got matches your situation. There was a solution given in the dream.

If you are still around, send me a pm and I would be willing to describe it to you. There is a "missing blank", but if the dream was for you-you should be able to fill it in, I'd think? The woman in the dream providing the solution was speaking in a language that I don't understand. I have no idea what the words were-but I know what the key ingredient is and what to do with it. I watched her perform the whole ritual, in my dream.

I will say I have felt like something was "off" here from the time this story was posted, which is another reason why I hesitated to say anything here though. I don't know what "that" is though. It's so interesting the way he would just take off. I just don't know what to think about all of it, at this point. :thinking:

I also hate to think there might be a little girl in this kind of trouble. :ermm:

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#13 Merianna

Merianna

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

The last post was in 2015, I'm wondering if things have maybe worked out by now, have there been any more updates?

#14 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

I feel very skeptical about this story. My gut says BS. BUT, my gut is not so experienced about making such a call over the Internet:).
To be honest, I didn't even read all of it- it's the drawings that stopped me short. They just don't seem real to me. Rather than what you would expect- a child fixated on a specific frightening image or images you have this variety of scenes with perfectly matched narratives. This child is 5... Wouldn't you expect that you would need a decoder ring or at least to have the kid walk you through it to even begin to understand what she is drawing? Instead there is this convenient narrative. If it IS real- the kid is a genius.

The ONLY thing that makes me think it is real is that if I understand correctly Anara had a dream about the situation. The writer mentioned saying a Sanskrit prayer and Anara mentioned someone speaking in a language she did not know - ?Indian perhaps. If so, wtf was going on here. Maybe it was real after all. Certainly could have been. Just doesn't feel right.

Thoughts anyone? Anara?

I wonder if a small portion of it was true and it (the entity/haunting) had more power than it seemed, but the writer took artistic liscence and ran with it, making the pics etc? If so, it would explain the dream- since the people involved may have needed help.... OR if this got enough attention on Reddit maybe it created a golem type situation.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#15 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

I'm getting a distinct "War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast" vibe from this post. Nonetheless, the hairs on my arms were still standing straight up as I read it.

One thing that doesn't ring true to me is the nonchalance of the child. A 5 year-old knows what a wound is, even us girly-girls scrapped up our knees enough times by age 5. Also, what kind of over protective mother (that obviously believed what was going on) would keep her little girl in that house? The character motivation is off. 

So I'm voting for fiction, unless Anara has any other insights. 

#16 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:11 AM

Do today's five year olds attending preschool write full sentences with consistently sized printing? Or Have the hand-eye coordination and motor skills to draw in perspective?
The guy at the top of the steps yelling ... Is in proportion with depth most kids don't get. Yeh, I'm skeptical.

The story is similar to one I saw on ghost hunting tv show about 10 years ago...but then, it would be, if it's true.

#17 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:35 AM

It is weird that the original poster never responded after a few people were skeptical, and Anara offered her insight.

This could very well be a case of someone trying to gain energy, or as Oroboros suggested, even creating a golem or thought form. Apparently, Reddit is a wonderful place for that sort of thing. The feeling of 'hairs on my arms standing straight up as I read it' as Dutchess said, is a good sign it is working. That could be what Anara was picking up on.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#18 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

Well this is now the second NoSleep story I have seen that claims to be real. I know exactly shit about Reddit, except that that segment has a RULE that the stories are to be fiction told as if they are fact.

Yet I seem to remember some respectable source saying that some occultist a were "using" the site and that some real things were underlying some of it. Wish I could remember the details or where I heard that. It may have even bee a conversation on here? Maybe someone else can clarify that part.

#19 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:42 AM

Solanaceae- I guess we posted simultaneously . I didn't see yours until I posted mine:). Anyway- sounds like you have heard something similar about Reddit. I really hate to post wild -ass speculation(because I really don't know) I'm straining to remember where I heard this.
But have you heard something about Chaos Magicians using it to build energy and power spells or something along those lines?
If so it sounds morally questionable but magically very interesting and kind of impressive.:) Something I'd like to learn more about to be honest. You know curiosity, the cat, etc..

#20 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:54 AM

I have been trying to find the quote for you, I don't know where it disappeared to. It was indeed a respectable source, our very own RoseRed. I guess she has some connections in those circles who claim to use those sites in that way. It makes sense really, in today's online world people will find ways to use it to there best advantage. I can't speak for her though, so perhaps when she is around she would elaborate some?

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haunting, real ghost, real life, true story, ghost