9 replies to this topic

#1 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

Hello all I was wondering if any of you have a preferred method of getting rid of tarot card decks and disempowering them my first and most reliable deck is kind of beat and now missing cards so it was my ideal to pretty much run its blessing in reverse then burn it. Not my preferred method but I have alot of connections to the deck and don't think it safe to dispose of in any other fashion thoughts? Ideas?

#2 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

You could cut each card (like one does an expired credit card prior to tossing it out). I find the act of severing works pretty well for most things one has tied or been tied to.... In fact, you could even cut out some of the pics and use them for scrap booking or for decoration on cards, that way you recycle at the same times...

M

#3 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

I've never disposed of a tarot deck, the ones I have missing cards are sitting waiting for me to find a spare card for them. Those that I didn't like, or couldn't work with, have been given as presents or sold.
Honestly, only the thought of throwing away one of my decks makes my heart sink.

I love Michele's idea! Besides, I would still keep it. Even if it's of no use to you, the individual cards are still there. They may be good for meditation, ritual purposes, drawings, and god only knows what else.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#4 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

As Aria said, I would just keep it. I think the deck can pick up energy signatures, but it has no power of it's own, but then I don't bless decks or anything like that...if it was, then I guess just keep it, or bury it. I just connect with the deck (if I like it), and then read with it...no blessing, sleeping with it etc. The power resides in you to read with the deck.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 25 August 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

If you feel you must dispose of them bonfires and gasoline works wonders.

Or you could keep them and turn it into a fully personalized deck by utilizing the energies that already live in it.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#6 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

Hmmm interesting ideas lol I've settled on cutting the minor arcana and saving a few bits but I'm pretty sure I'll leave the major arcana whole for a few ideas I've had

#7 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

I always seem to give them away- :crystal-gazing: to a budding reader. Although that wouldn't work if you're missing cards. I do use tarot cards for spell work; normally just make copies but the real cards would be better.

Edited by Belwenda, 28 August 2015 - 06:51 AM.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#8 Nabu

Nabu

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Make or purchase shadow boxes , mount a few or all in them . Decorate them how you wish , hang them as pics , set on shelves , give away as presents , ideas are endless .....destruction is a personal thing and is not productive of anything . Your call , there are some great ideas here , you choose .....

Nabu

Strong of Heart wins the Day , let not yourself be dismayed !

#9 Tamara

Tamara

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

If you no longer want to use them as a divinatory tool perhaps spell work. Like writing a spell on the card or candle work.

#10 Levinthross

Levinthross

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

Lol and it keeps getting better