• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

Good ideas spark great actions. Never underestimate them.
My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#22 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

I would say if he eats butter, then mix in some catnip or even sage into a separate portion before putting it in his food. Sage has been proven to be helping those with PTSD by relieving anxiety, so I would assume that if he's rather anxious that would help him. 

Autism is hard to deal with. Are you avoiding artificial dyes like red 40? We stay away from any artificial dyes and my step-son (of whom has attention difficulties) has been doing great. Also, you should avoid anything extremely carb-y (like breads) as much as possible. The items I have listed just make things worse behavior wise and aggression wise. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#23 FlyingPeregrine

FlyingPeregrine

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

Basil and garlic if you can manage it alot of kids will eat both mixed well into spaghetti it helps them sweat the fever out

I know many an autistic person who can actually taste the garlic and despise it because it tastes like sulphur to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying Peregrine

#24 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Thought I would breifly comment but it's a old post , my daughter is on the spectrum , often gets tummy ache, headache, sore throat, for her it's the physical manifestation of Anxiety more often than not.

I would be considering if anxiety was the case here ,for example we know bright lights, noise, too many people , are just way too much sensory overload , as are school holidays, Xmas, birthdays etc

When the child is in this overwhelmed state of being I would not be using any smells with heavy aromas, I would continue to offer support and cuddles ( if they let you touch them) but just keep with the Calpol preferably in liquid form

Good luck