Magical cooking

Onewitchwonder

Abraxia- that makes sense.

I'm left handed and it feels more natural for me to stir clockwise with my dominant hand. Like many lefties I'm pretty adept with the non- dominant hand however, and use that for anti-clockwise, which is the direction I stir for making something go away.

Abraxia, that makes complete sense.  What's clock-wise in one hemisphere is counter-clockwise in another. Paying attention to that is note worthy.

Being left-handed is a funny sort of thing.... I don't think about it much about it  - UNTIL MAGIC is involved..... I 'mind' what I'm doing when mixing and stirring. Intent matters... and reversing /sending away isn't always the desired outcome.... lol.

Edited by Nikki

I always wanted to be left handed when I was younger.  I'd spend hours practicing writing with my left hand.  Got to the point where I could do it decently, but I'm still naturally right handed :)

• 1 year later...
Magical cooking is my bread and butter! Huhu, couldn't help myself. My great grandmother was a fantastic cook in life, and I keep a space set aside for her up near the stove...Tending to her spirit there reminds me weekly that the kitchen is sacred space, too, and that with a little effort and intention it can be a locus of all sorts of alchemy and transformation. The majority of my typical workings take place in my kitchen, to the exclusion of hex/banework...I try to keep those particular energies away from that space to cut down on the amount of intensive cleaning I'd want to do afterwards. 

My mom went on a business trip to Sri Lanka last month, and she brought back a pair of cooking spoons made of coconut palm wood. They feel jumpy and springy in my hands, and I'm wanting to tailor them for dedicated use in healing and growth-focused dishes, like bone broths. Got some cow and sheep bones waiting in the freezer, so I might have a crack at that this weekend.