• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

That's very encouraging:). That part is very instintictive to me, but I often am unsure WHAT it is, ghost vs never human and moreover to hear people talk there seems to be a virtual encyclopedia of "other". While I have read enough to be familiar with the lore and names of many different entities I am not clear how many are actually the same things but named and described differently by different cultures or if there really are a nearly endless variety of them.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#22 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

No that's an important gift. It's like being able to glance at something and know whether it's good food or poison. I love to debate history and theology, but I have gotten stomped flat by more than one sparkly spirit.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#23 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

Well, people sure are that way, some of the sparkly ones are the worst:).

#24 moonthorn

moonthorn

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

My brother was just sharing with me how he sees shadow beings moving about him as he wakes in a state of "sleep paralysis" roughly once a week. It is interesting. He said he never experienced it until he was put on a psychotropic for a month trial period (he hasn't been on it for years). Ever since the end of that month, this has been "happening" "to" him. (I place quotes as I am unsure if that is the right way to word "it"! haha)

My cousin in California, when I lived there, had taken me to eat & over the meal shared she shared her own experience with shadow beings while working in a home for mentally disabled adults.

Neither of these stories are mine to share the details of, so I have only shared the vague bits.

In my own experience, I have seen these shadows as well. Not as often as a certain other being, but perhaps I do not notice them when they are there watching. 

I am watching this post

#25 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

Lol, just watching with the shadow people...:)

#26 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

I've heard mediums on tv try to explain that spirits that manifest as black shadows mean harm, but I think its B.S. I myself have never seen a Shadow Person, but I am able to sense them. The ones around me like to come out at night in the winter, and crowd around me to get me nice and unsettled - these are the ones that are usually a gtfo for most people but for some reason settle for minor psychological douchbaggery than legitimate physical harm.

#27 Phanon

Phanon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

when I was 8 or 9 I woke up at night and in the doorway to my room there was a big black humanoid figure with a red face( or eyes, I have bad eyesight so kinda hard to tell) I'm still very new to spirit work so I don't know if it was a shadow person or not. Anyway, yesterday I saw a black figure outside my bedroom window and later by the birdfeeder in the garden. it could have been two different entities but it felt like the same. the one I saw as a child really scared me, but when I saw the shadows yesterday I didn't feel fear, more like "ah okay"

#28 Broomflower

Broomflower

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

I have one especially memorable experience with Shadow People, although its been decades.  Like a lot of intense psychic disturbances, this experience occurred in adolescence. It was probably related the fears I had collected around my own newly budding power and creativity, as they tended to hover around my art trunk.  At this time I was also experiencing my first really serious interest in occultism and my very earliest experiences of moon-worship, as well as questioning the systems of belief I had been raised to accept as true and challenging the assumed authorities in my life.  They may have also been associated with the ocular migraines I began experiencing around this time as well.  There was a lot of fear around all of these things, and these entities are definitely drawn to fear.  Fear attracts them, feeds them, and in a lot of ways it is what they are made of.  They are creatures of fear.  This was also around the same time I went off to summer art school, not only away from home for an extended period on my own, but also in an environment where I was being expected to accept, explore and embrace my vision as an artist for the first time.  Lots happening, as well as the usual adolescent stuff.  I think all this turmoil either congealed into, called into being, or otherwise attracted these small, maybe 2'-3' high entities, with glowing red eyes, that would lurk in my closet and around my art desk and supply trunk and stare, wordlessly threatening.  I don't know what finally made them go away.  I think perhaps it might have been art school. 

At any rate these guys fit all the classic descriptions of the malevolent Shadow People, with the exception of their small size, their obvious lively alertness, and their extremely personal nature.

My twin brother told me once he experienced the manifestation of similar Shadow People in his garage, years later, as an adult.  (As twins often are, he is almost the exact polar opposite of me, very religious, a bit superstitious, and paradoxically embracing the hard sciences)  He was extremely freaked out by them, of course by then, I had already gotten over my own experiences with Shadow People years ago, as well as making a formal study and practice of witchcraft, and in a lot of ways I think my non-reaction may have bothered him even more.

I only had one other experience with Shadow People, around the time I completed my NLP Master Practitioner training.  It was a few weeks before I would lose my home, cat and entire body of artwork to fire, and it may have been a harbinger of looming disaster.  My NLP trainer was kind of known for his combining of NLP and other hypnotic techniques with ritual magick, so when this spooky shadow critter appeared right in front of me, my first impulse was to try an NLP technique on it.  When we were younger, my brother and I had been in kind of an amateur magic show with my dad, and Dad had this color-changing scarf trick.  So when this thing presented itself to me, I thought of my Dad's trick, I reached out to "grab" it (in spite of it having no substance) and with a quick flick of my wrist and a "snap" I "turned it inside out", like my dad's scarf.  I honestly don't remember what it did after that, aside from go away.  I think I recall it being colorful and light on the inside, strangely enough.  I've never experienced them again since.

Anyway I wanted to mention that because the technique clearly worked.  Those of you who may be experiencing hauntings by Shadow People might want to consider trying it.  It's not unlike how Harry Potter's Professor Lupin taught the class to handle a Boggart; in fact in principle its very much the same. (Shouting "Riddikulus!" really isn't necessary, but what the hell, if that's what you want to do, knock yourself out.) Do try it; if nothing else, it will drive home with clarity the fact that you are not powerless and can handle yourself against these things without being intimidated.

(edited to add that this technique most certainly isn't traditional witchcraft.  Nonetheless, when faced with something nasty and ugly that wants to rumble, I say it's totally ok to use any and all tools you have at your disposal to deal with the thing, and traditional folklore can go fuck itself.)

Edited by Broomflower, 06 March 2017 - 02:44 AM.

Eat your lawn.

#29 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Yet another link to a thread on this topic.

Shadows

As others have said, there seems to be more than one type of shadow entity.  Certainly, not all of them are malevolent. 

Most of the 'shadow people' I have encountered appear to be quite harmless or neutral. 

They don't usually like to be noticed.  As has been mentioned as well, they do not give off much in the way of noticeable energy. 

Many different types of entities use or feed off of human energy. Some use it to 'feed', some to manifest or cause changes in our world.

Strong emotions can be used, so can sexual or psychic energy, and magick of course. 

Some entities can even utilize environmental or electrical power.

I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again, not all 'dark' entities are 'evil' or malevolent. 

Not all 'light' entities are 'good' or benevolent either. 

Edited by Solanaceae, 06 March 2017 - 01:30 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#30 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yes Solanaceae that is something that I am learning more and more, even when I sense good energy from an entity which I thought I was pretty good at (reading energies) every now and again it becomes apparent very quickly that I read it wrong and I have to take control of the situation. The good thing is I am calmer, quicker and therefore better at dealing with these instances now when they occur due to gaining more experience. It used to almost make me panic when I first encountered it though.

#31 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Llyr,

That is how we learn and become strong, yes.

You bring up a good point as well, that your feelings or even base instincts can sometimes betray you. Your example (the entity is reading as good, but turns out to have bad intentions).
I have found it works the other way as well. Many of these 'dark' manifesting types of entities will set off the base fear reaction of a viewer or senser who is not used to them. This is a purely base reaction mind you.
It is easy to get the feeling that I fear it so, therefore, it must mean harm.
That is not necessarily the truth.

We may fear things because they have power, and we fear things because of primal reactions based on outdated instincts.
In this way, some people are afraid of spiders. This comes from an instinctual knowledge that some are venomous and may cause harm, so base instinct says it is better to stay away. Really, though, just a few types of spiders are actually harmful, and those are often easily recognizable.

Please excuse my constant editing, when posting from my phone I end up with a ton of unnoticed errors and when I do notice them it drives me nuts till I fix them.

A little bit of  OCD I think.

Edited by Solanaceae, 10 March 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#32 Llyr

Llyr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Oh definitely, I totally agree!

From a personal point of view, ever since I began trying to open up more to the unseen energies around me, I definitely underestimated just how much there is!! learning to distinguish the natural energies from the supernatural was a learning curve for me but in my experience once I get to one stage and have it nailed another stage opens up. It seems to be a constant learning curve!! lol

At the moment I am basing my assessment of these entities on what I feel is the intensity of the intent that I get from them. I get it right most of the time but as I say every now and again I do get it wrong. What I am also feeling now which I didn't at first is their awareness of me and the shift in energy reacting to me which is intelligent, this is something that I never expected.

I wouldn't say that I feel fear anymore although at first I have to admit there was a certain amount of fear of what could happen but I think this was due to the unknown as you say and the instinctual knowledge. I am always now just very aware, respectful, consistent and firm, and I feel this is helping me progress. As I said, once I achieve one stage in my understanding and knowledge another one presents itself. However the increase in my awareness of the entities around me is incredible and will no doubt present me with plenty of opportunities to keep progressing!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: demons, entities, shadows, beings