4 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:45 AM

I don't do tarot and I've lost my guidebook (just ordered a new one off Amazon).... anyway, it's the Daughter's of the Moon tarot which is extremely girl-oriented (even the lovers card is 2 girls) so I don't know if any of you have worked with it. I pulled 4 cards and got:

Mother of Cups
Crone of Flames
Mother of Flames
and One of Pentacles

Which was weird to me as it was almost all cards which would be in an "ordinary" deck the person cards. Any ideas (unfortunately the guidebook wasn't available on Kindle, lol)...

M

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

Sorry, I can't help with this. This does not seem like a Tarot deck to me, so I checked it out at Aeclectic Tarot in reviews. I quote part of the review. This deck just seems so foreign to what I am use to in Tarot decks. Perhaps you might be able to find the guide book on line?

"In conclusion however, despite this deck's beauty and interesting take on the world and Tarot, I would not recommend it to many people. There are many elements of it that may anger men, people who are not feminist, and people who are easily offended. This deck has an extremely feminist agenda, which is interesting to study, but not so easy to read with. This deck certainly is not for a beginner, as it takes quite a while to work out the correlations between the cards in this deck and the cards of more traditonal decks, although I do know of people who can read very effectively with Daughters of The Moon. This deck comes painfully close to being classified as a Divination Deck and not a Tarot deck because of the changes it makes.....

#3 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Yes... I think the name divination deck describes it better. It is the first deck I ever bought and the only one I've ever got on with (or kept, anyway). I bought it long before I really got into craft as a gift for my sister and I liked it so much that I bought another and kept it although I don't know why as I'm not into divination or tarot. For whatever reason, this deck has stuck with me for over 20 years and I always seem to return to it :-)

M

#4 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

For sure, we all have to use a deck that speaks to us.

You can still get the companion book here http://www.amazon.co...earningthetarot

#5 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

The fist card - Mother of Cups, is Nammu (a sea goddess who created humans)

the second is Crone of Flames - Cerridwen who is a goddess of Inspiration from the Maginobian (sp)

the third is Mother of Flames - Chantico goddess of heath fires and volcanoes

So that's all mother-goddess types with a big concentration on illumination and fluidity and creation.

The last card was Nu Kwa a goddess who created mankind and repaired the relationship/connection between the heavens and earth and protects the dynasties.

So I'm thinking... a hearth goddess, a leadership goddess, and a creator goddess and the last one I take to represent me only because it was a single picture of a woman on earth and was related to earth more than divinity. So I am thinking a repairing of a severed relationship but being done with the recognition that it isn't one thing or another, that my question fits into all possible aspects of life and doesn't need to be bifurcated. That's the idea I'm getting anyway..