8 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:43 AM

I don't do tarot and I've lost my guidebook (just ordered a new one off Amazon).... anyway, it's the Daughter's of the Moon tarot which is extremely girl-oriented (even the lovers card is 2 girls) so I don't know if any of you have worked with it. I pulled 4 cards and got:

Mother of Cups
Crone of Flames
Mother of Flames
and One of Pentacles

Which was weird to me as it was almost all cards which would be in an "ordinary" deck the person cards. Any ideas (unfortunately the guidebook wasn't available on Kindle, lol)...

M

#2 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

I get that kind of spread once in a while, and more often than not it means I lost focus while shuffling. So instead of an answer to a query I render a statement of my thought train derailing: that wench next door never feeds her dog, what I wouldn't give... Fire ants, so many fire ants can I afford the exterminator this week... That sort of thing.

Very occasionally, really just once that I can think of, spirits might hijack the deck, just for shits and giggles.

Sometimes it just works better to ask again later.

Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#3 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

Have you ever thrown a spread with a specific question in mind but the cards answer for something/one totally different? Sometimes, they seem to have a mind of their own.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#4 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

I think I know what this is about.... I ordered the guide book off amazon (and as soon as it gets here I'll find the one I already own that's hiding from me, lol)...

M

#5 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

Have you ever thrown a spread with a specific question in mind but the cards answer for something/one totally different? Sometimes, they seem to have a mind of their own.

Absofuckinglutely!! Usually this occurs when I have a lot of major arcana cards. It happened very recently to me- perhaps two or three weeks ago. I asked a specific question and was kind of baffled/confused by the results. I keep notes on my spreads (a tarot journal) and a week or so later it made perfect sense. I didn't get the answer to the question I was asking, but apparently the universe had something more important it wanted me to know.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

And after the dreams and info of last night, I now know why I can't find the guidebook, because my personal interpretation is what was being presented to me, and had I had the guidebook I would have interpreted it a different way... the way of the book, not the way of my intuition which saw the message itself (rather than the message in the book which was not related to what I needed to know). Amazing, lol... And another example in my life of there being no coincidences, no matter how small. The book would have led me in another direction and therefore been incorrect for me, personally. Perhaps also a lesson in trust there lol.

M

Edited by Michele, 21 July 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#7 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

I read by mostly by the images on the cards and what my intuition says about it, along with the traditional meanings. Glad the link I provided in your other same topic thread, gave you your book back.

#8 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

:-D

#9 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip