• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AngelValentin

AngelValentin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

Something that I've always been intrigued by is magic that is used for darker purposes. Spells of harm and to cause malediction have either been used sparingly or not at all especially from such warnings given by wiccans and light practitioners. However as true magic cannot be tapped into properly without being both light and dark, it could be used for both good and ill depending on the intent and circumstances. So have any of you used darker practices to cause ill intent or any of you have actually been successful at creating objects that can cause harm and are spelled with dark power and purpose? How are such instruments created and used?

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

I think quite a few witches on here have used, and have no problem using them if warranted. Dark power? I think, it's just power, with the intent making the malediction. But, if one is having a Spirit involved, then that is a different ball game.

#3 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:00 PM

Me, personally, I'm not a huge curser... If one needs to curse, then one has already been harmed, so I try to use planning, foreseeing, and protection (and sometimes even lessons) prior to it getting to the point where a curse is needed. That said, shit happens, lol. Any object can be turned into something cursed or that carries one. You would need be able to call up the negative nature of whatever ingredients you are using, and then direct them into the object, along with direction as to dispersement and often/usually the name of the intended along with DNA used in the ingredients (assuming it's for a specific person).

M

#4 AngelValentin

AngelValentin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

I think quite a few witches on here have used, and have no problem using them if warranted. Dark power? I think, it's just power, with the intent making the malediction. But, if one is having a Spirit involved, then that is a different ball game.

Thats something that I've always been divided on and I'm glad that you've brought that up. Is there such a thing as labeling power as "dark". I mean a lot of witches, including myself have always held on to the notion that since magic is energy, energy is neutral and that the intent matters. However I've always conjectured that maybe some sources that are tapped into are more lighter than others, or more darker depending on the source that is channeled or tapped into.

Edited by AngelValentin, 18 July 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

I think you should put on some coffee or tea and take a stroll through the older posts here. There is a lot of conversation on these topics. I think because it's such an important one.

I'm not saying to stop talking in this thread in any way. This is your journey and that's what makes it special. There are a lot of opinions from people that, for whatever reason, no longer participate here. I'm just letting you know that they exist. (Anyone got a link handy?)

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:34 AM

I'd try but the search button hates me, lol.... I'd type in "dark" and it would come up with white candles he he he

M

#7 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

I have done mostly dark workings this year. Sometimes, the balance tips one way or the other.

I agree, the search button is a good feature. Lots of good info on curses and the like.

RSKHFMY

#8 AngelValentin

AngelValentin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

I think you should put on some coffee or tea and take a stroll through the older posts here. There is a lot of conversation on these topics. I think because it's such an important one.

I'm not saying to stop talking in this thread in any way. This is your journey and that's what makes it special. There are a lot of opinions from people that, for whatever reason, no longer participate here. I'm just letting you know that they exist. (Anyone got a link handy?)

Thank you for letting me know, I'm actually having trouble looking for information on the forums, since they're is so much. Do you have any way of knowing how to better search for info? Even with the search button a lot of the info seems to be jumbled up.

Edited by AngelValentin, 19 July 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#9 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Me? No, the search button hates me.

#10 AngelValentin

AngelValentin

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

It apparently hates me too...... :clap:

Edited by AngelValentin, 20 July 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#11 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Welcome to the club!

The search bar says :fucku:.

#12 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

I just bumped one relevant thread.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#13 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

To me, hexing and cursing isn't about power. They are tools, to prevent further harm. Have I done it? We all have.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#14 Kaye

Kaye

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

I've done a bit of cursing, I think it can be a useful tool. That said, I do try some mundane solutions first, but that goes for more positive things also (doing a spell to get a job is all well and good, but filling out applications helps too :P ). I've not made any cursed objects, all of what I've done has been temporary. I'm not sure I'd want to make an object to give to someone, I like to keep that sort of thing where I can get at it.

#15 Crow59

Crow59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

To me, hexing and cursing isn't about power. They are tools, to prevent further harm. Have I done it? We all have.

That about sums it up for me, too. I don't indiscriminately do harm to anyone, but sometimes it's warranted. We do what we must.

"There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees which are falsehoods on the other" - Blaise Pascal
"But sometimes the intent is to harm." - Me

#16 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

But it's the power and force behind the hammer that drives in the nail.

#17 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

I think that the concept of "dark workings" is something that is derived mainly from ones own personal paradigms and morals. In my views we are all merely riding within the human animal, one that is not bound by any natural law and we are free to do our biddings as we see fit. Of course this comes with responsibility and must include consideration of others. Mundane consequences (i.e. human laws) are simply ideas created by humans to force their personal paradigms upon one another, we are naturally free to make choices every day. I think the consequences of our choices are what people often associate with the term "dark," and are what make us consider whether or not to take a particular choice of action. We also have to live with ourselves. If my own empathy is telling me not to do something to someone and I do it anyways then I am the one that has to live with it internalized as well as that person and anyone else it may have indirectly affected.

Edited by Caps, 29 July 2015 - 01:06 AM.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#18 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:14 AM

"Dark" is what makes people uncomfortable, or they think is naughty, or whatever. It really has no relevance, and I always suggest they do some ritual taboo breaking and get to know their, uh, "dark" side.

Witches should strive to have no limits.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#19 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

Heh sexuality is a "dark" topic for some (forgive me for inferring that from you :tongue:) I think because most people are either ashamed of it (especially religious people) or they consider it too private to share with others.

I've done quite a bit of exploring on that topic and have found that I have limits of which I'm comfortable with and ones that I am not. Often if I break my own limits it's for the benefit of a sexual partner, not for my own benefit.

Edited by Caps, 29 July 2015 - 02:08 AM.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#20 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:27 AM

LOL I KNOW you have done lots of exploring on that topic. It doesn't bother me at all, actually, I think its entertaining for the most part but...

we are talking about magic, not booty!

I die!

Well, HERE is some booty for you...

:kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat: :kat:

Dat ass, though, f'real!

That's cursed ass, just to keep it on topic!

:fucku:

Edited by Aurelian, 29 July 2015 - 02:28 AM.