4 replies to this topic

#1 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=kpJeL8lJBaQ

I am animating a film, with an original soundtrack and animations. This clip is just messing around, but I will post a teaser here. This film will be witchcraft themed with Roma, Klezmer, and Slavic music. Fingers crossed I am going to enter Sundance Film Festival. I know the speeds are sloppy, was just playing with making my art move. Any comments or critique welcome!

#2 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

Loving your style, and the music and idea are amazing. If I were to offer any critique I think maybe your background could do with a little simplifying like your foreground.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#3 Hariasa

Hariasa

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

You have a good start, but I would not rely to heavily on the ken burns effect. It would be helpful to see more scenes. Good luck!

#4 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

Gorgeous art. Would love to see more though.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#5 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions! I will post more of my pen and ink work in a new thread. I Think I am really going to practice drawing in that style, work on my music, and come back to the animation after I have practiced and refined my style with that as well. I will post any progress here at later dates.