• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jojo

jojo

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:52 PM

I have always had "chatter". It's not always the same tho'; maybe I should clarify that.  I hear music alot, occasionally it's chatter, like, white noise at a restaurant or a bar.  

I also have a vortex that runs thru the house. When we first moved in I really cleared the area, and kept stuff burning or smudging in that spot.  I really haven't had many problems in the past few years.  I still will hear stuff, occasionally, but I've always assumed, due to the vortex, that I'm just hearing stuff from the other side.

Any time I've seen scary stuff, my warrior instinct kicks in.  I don't get scared, I get pissed.  This is my house, I didn't welcome you in and you will leave!

I also surround myself and the boundaries of my property, with light, every night before I lay down to sleep.

#22 AuroraBaenSidhe

AuroraBaenSidhe

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

I almost always can hear spirits speaking, or moving around me. They aren't always trying to communicate directly to or with me I just live in an active area, so you get a lot of chatter there. Wards will generally do the trick, don't light any candles in front of any mirrors. Depending on how bad it is you may need to rid your room of any sort of mirror. In my own case, I have an attached bathroom and there is a huge mirror in there. If the door is left open the mirror directly faces my husband's altar. This has caused some issues for us as far as unexpected spirit visitors. If we leave the door open the chatter gets so loud I can't sleep unless I shield. 

Know where your mirrors are, ward your sleeping area, and look into investing in some stones that work as natural shields. 

#23 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

I hear murmuring voices when the fan runs as heat comes on. It's only in my sleep, and the other night I answered it and they stopped in a sudden, embarrassed(?) hush. Hasn't happened again so now I'm aware of it.

#24 NightshadeMoon

NightshadeMoon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

I get this as well; when I am laying down to sleep I can hear faint voices, and sometimes music but no matter how hard I strain my ear I can't make out words. I have excellent hearing, so much so that my mother teases me about hearing a pin drop in a crowded room.

Something interesting happened recently, both my Mom and I were lying in her bed chatting before bedtime, and we both could hear faint music. Just to make sure it wasn't someone outside listening to their radio I went into the other room to see if I could still hear it. I couldn't, but the second I walked back into my mom's room I could hear it again. If it was an impression it was a very strong one for both of us to pick up on it.

#25 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

I used to hear the songs and voices over my old clock radio when it was technically off, but the radio-alarm was set for the morning. It was on the headboard of the bed. I often "dreamt" the song that was playing as the kickoff for the day. Once I figured it out, I moved the gizmo and that stopped. So at least one series of hearing things had a mundane source in my case. Can't tell you how many times I've had a song playing in my head, then turned on a radio wherever I'm at and the same song would be playing, or I'd walk into a store or office and that song would be the Muzak background. I do believe there is a physical, auditory reason, not clairvoyance, in my particular case.

Bliss. Now I'm retired and it doesn't matter what time I get up, so I just wake naturally. I don't keep a radio nearby the bed, and nuts, i still hear that blasted chatter, but only occasionally. There is a wall mirror in an adjoining alcove. And sometimes I hear my name called. That gets my attention, but I almost always fall asleep just then. It's like I'm being called to go along someplace, & the hypnogogia state is a liminal zone.

What is the border between awake and asleep? What is the "void" between in or out of body? Sometimes in an astral state, it's like being submerged in flowing water with a current i ride. I'll meet people I know. Is this a real place or state of mind? I have lots of questions like these.

Edited by Zombee, 28 July 2016 - 02:45 PM.

#26 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

I have experienced a few things like this that I do not know what to make of.

I have talked to people who I respect that shot it down hard and fast sighting scientific explanations for things people experience in this state- which apparently to some people because there is a scientific explanation- even a half assed one- it somehow makes it magically/spiritually insignificant.  I do not necessarily agree with this line of reasoning.

And forgive me if everyone has seen me mention this to some degree elsewhere on the forum.  BUT, the most significant this I have seen to make me think this state truly does create an environment that encourages phenomena, was my daughters night terrors and surrounding events.  She would see things and experience things and say things all in that super freaky- eyes -open appears awake but isn't state- and sometimes it seemed to be "just" a night terror.  OTHER times- I FELT what she was saying.  I have no doubt something had been there.  Hell, she could say "the man" and I could describe him and her confirm that's what he looked like.  Sooo, for this reason - I think there is SOMETHING to this.  Though it's possible- I was feeling what she felt and this confused the issue for me- because well, that shit happens too.

I know there is a whole other thread dedicated to this- which I intend to read, but have not yet.  But, along these lines, I think it is very interesting that people experiencing sleep paralysis often ALSO experience the old hag vision/dream.  People from different cultures describe the same damn thing.  Sleep paralysis being scientifically explained or not- I think this is likely not a coincidence.  The best explanation I have heard is the idea that the "old hag" is an archetype that people fear that is not limited by culture. Therefore people "dream" the same thing.   I call bullshit.  I mean yes that's POSSIBLE.  But if you pole a bunch of people around the world as to what things they fear the most- I bet "an old woman sitting on my bed" would come in really low on the universal "shit I'm scared of" list.  (At least amongst those who have never had those "dreams.")  Now- if you told me they were dreaming of a clown sitting on their bed- then I would buy it- lol.

Edited by Oroboros, 29 July 2016 - 05:43 AM.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#27 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:58 PM

I was viewing you-tube SecureTeam10 channel today and they played a recently recorded natural radio wave emission from the south pole of Jupiter, sort of the sound of it's aurora borealis. Lights of the poles. Eerie and squeaky. So I was curious to hear Earth's natural radio auroral sound. It is called Earth Auroral Kilometric Radiation. Since Earth is populated I expected it to be different from the sounds of Jupiter, and Saturn is also recorded. I was surprised to hear Earth's auroral sounds reminded me of the sounds of the auditory chatter I have heard. Soo, maybe there's a connection, and what some of us hear is the natural sounds of our busy planet.

I believe that we do hear spirit voices when we are in that hypnagogic level between sleep and awake, and that is a different quality sound from the auroral sounds. There are echoes of voice chatter whispers in the hypno-state, and the auroral sounds are like scratchy over lays in a sound mix.

I think it's interesting.

#28 Anubha

Anubha

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

I am so glad I found this thread. Last year I worked in a health food store. When I would put the phone to my ear before dialing a number I would hear this weird sound. It was like a million voices all talking at once. I thought something was wrong with the phone but no one could hear it but me. It sounded exactly like the radio emmissions from earth. I also could hear faint music playing once in a while.  It seemed to be just out of my range of hearing. Now, of course, I wasn't falling asleep at the time either of those things occurred but I seem to drift off into a trance-like state fairly easily. Maybe I spaced off.

I have also had spirits talk to me as I was waking up/drifting off to sleep.