• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

I've noticed since my last post about spirit communication I've been hearing strange sounds internally when in my I between wake and sleep state. I actually remember this happening occasionally when I was a kid too. I'll hear chatty voices and sometimes clicking and laughing. The voices are always so faint I cant understand them.

I will even get flashes of images sometimes too. Is this something trying to talk to me? Am I getting some kind of interference? Or is this simply normal sleep brain activity?

Anyone else experience this?

#2 WhiteRaven

WhiteRaven

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

You are picking up on spirits around you or impressions.

For spirits, you should ward your bedroom if you ever want to rest well. The spirits welcomed in my house know not to bother me in my bedroom unless it's an emergency, the ones passing through can't get in.

I call impressions the energy we impress upon an area when action is repeated habitually. They can seem like spirits but it's more like a recorded hologram image or just sounds. This is the same thing psychics pick up from objects and places. The most annoying one I ever experienced was an old telephone ringing in a new apartment. They go away when you cleanse your house regularly. Keeping citrine around keeps them from forming, and so do exorcism or banishing sigils or symbols like the solar cross when passively existing in areas of your home or car. Car impressions can be very distracting.

#3 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:41 AM

Ah that's what I was thinking. It could be either. Any recommendations on warding methods? I'll do some research on that.

#4 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Since you had it as a kid and you're working toward this goal now - it's not really surprising. That liminal place between awake and asleep is an altered state that makes sensing activity much more pronounced.

I do the same thing with the bedrooms. Wanderers and travelers can pass by at night but they're not welcome in. This is a very active property (Do you guys remember my ghost, Phil, and how annoying he was at first?) inside and out. It took a little bit to establish the ground rules but it's been good for a while now.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#5 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Eid, do a forum search on hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. I know we've discussed these sort ofthis experiences in great depth, there is some good info on the subject in the forum.

The absolute best method I know of to stop spirits from bothering you while you're trying to sleep is to place a glass of water with a piece of camphor floating in it underneath your bed! This isn't very friendly though, it drains the spirit of energy, thus hampering their ability to bother you. I've mentioned this to another member of this forum, and it worked like a charm for her, too!

Remove any mirrors from the bedroom, as well, doing so helped me a LOT, I can't recommend this strongly enough! You can also spread some bay leaves around the premises, it seems to help a little bit.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#6 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

I agree with Aurelian in researching the 'normal sleep brain activity'.

That is not to say at all that you haven't had something try to contact you before, but it's just that chatty pre-dream brains are common and it makes sense to exhaust the mundane before assuming the spiritual. Bells, music, murmurs, shouts, whispers etc. I am someone who experiences both a very chatty/visual (and rather freaky at times) pre-dream brain while also experiencing spirit communication in a pre-dream state. I think it makes a lot of sense to get to know your 'normal'. You may find that on certain evenings, maybe after certain workings etc., that there is a subtle difference to what you usually experience. Doesn't hurt to record your experiences to gain a better understanding of you, or them.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#7 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

Cool I'll check out the hypnagogic and hypnopompic thing.

#8 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hi, just came across this and it struck a chord with me

Just lately, the last few days I've had constant chatter when I lay down to go to sleep. I've tried oils, crystals, bubbles, lights you name it. The only thing that stopped it was I had 3 dreams, one per night about a guy. The dreams were very strange and I haven't quite worked them out yet. But I've written down every tiny detail and since I did that and acknowledged that someone was obviously trying to teach me something, or get an important message to me, the chatter has stopped
I've tried analysing the dreams, but there's so many details it's impossible. So I think I need to meditate or think on it for a while and when it's the right time I hope it will click

Star x

#9 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

Do you have mirrors in your bedroom. I took mine out and it helped a lot. See the thread called "starting a line of communication to the unseen" I think we talk some about it in that.

#10 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

Funny thing you say that, I used to be really anti mirrors in the bedroom, then last month I found some really pretty vintage looking mirrors which go really nicely with the decor in my bedroom. I wonder if I did a wrong'un
Star x

#11 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

I've read of people purposely sleeping with mirrors in the bedroom to heighten their abilities. I found a slight difference when I got some mirrored beside tables.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#12 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Usually my shut down is very strong and funnily enough I use mirrors on my bubble visualisation, but it's this dream, he's getting in. He must really want me to know something! Have we got a dream analysis part of the forum? I can get general meanings in dreams, but this one is way too complicated for me
Star x

#13 Nim

Nim

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

I get this fairly often too. It's always in the space between waking and sleeping. For me, it often seems to be me picking up on the energy and feelings of the humans who live in the area. Sometimes, it appears to be something different. And other times I have appeared to travel into other people's bodies. It happens particularly if I nap during the day (which is rare in my life right now). It's funny because it seems to happen only during that in-between state. I don't know how to explain it, but there's a quality to it that does NOT appear to be the same as the normal "chatter" of our brains. I've definitely had both. Interesting to know about mirrors in the bedroom.

#14 razorim

razorim

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Excellent thread. I know I hear something, but didn't put two and two together. Glad I found this.

Witchcraft...is a spiritual path.  You walk it for nourishment of the soul, to commune with the life force of the universe, and to thereby better know your own life.

~Christopher Penczak

#15 Perchtin

Perchtin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

I have this issue as well, though in my specific case, the voices sound like they come from a television. Of course, when it happens, I'm absolutely sure no tvs are on. I told my psychologist about it and she said it happens when I'm the only person awake (or semi-awake) in the house and I wish I had company. I don't know.

Hexen stehen immer zwischen Birken.

#16 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thats weird jezinka. Sounds less likely to me.

#17 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

I usually hear random snippets quite often, or see faces. Now that I've taken the mirror out of my room I get a lot less of it, interestingly enough. However, I definitely need to update my wards because the other night I heard nasty voices saying all sorts of horrible things, and they didn't stop until I put up a shield. Ugh.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#18 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

I never hear nasty voices. Or maybe they are I don't know. I can barely make them out usually. But sometimes I get flashes of really scary, grotesque faces. And sometimes I see like a purple ish haze of my own eyes. It's super weird.

#19 Perchtin

Perchtin

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Thats weird jezinka. Sounds less likely to me.

----------------

Yeah, I don't know about that either. It sounds a bit far fetched to me. It's especially hard to tell since my ears are very sensitive, I've thought many times that I probably just pick up my neighbours's tv sound, even through the walls.

Hexen stehen immer zwischen Birken.

#20 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Yes, I get flashes of scary faces sometimes too. Mostly I get flashes of mundane people though. I'm not sure where the nasty voices were coming from, but they haven't been back. Sometimes I purposely listen for chatter (never do this on an airplane, lol) from others around me, which is what I was doing that night (not very nice,but I like to keep my hand in, so to speak, and it was only my family at home but it wasn't their voices I heard if that makes sense).
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.