NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

@ Namedforthemoon-
Crossroads:
You may be familiar with the term liminal space? If not, this is an important concept that can't be fully described in a post- you may want to research. But very basically:
A liminal space is a threshold. The beach is a liminal space, dividing the sea and land. Midnight is a liminal "space", dividing days. A doorway is a liminal space, dividing what is on one side of the door from the other. TRANCE is a liminal space between consciousness and unconsciousness. Liminal spaces are a good way to bridge between the magical and the mundane, this world and the spirit world. In some ways it is a form of representational magic. I hope that makes sense.
A crossroads is a crossroads- literally. Where two roads intersect. For certain special instances a "Y" type/3 way crossroads is used but usually it is simply where two roads form a cross type intersection. These are very common- but finding one good for working at is a little harder. Some areas have desolate crossroads that are not frequented and are conducive to magical workings. There is much lore associated with crossroads in particular that you can read about.
But in short crossroads are a special liminal place/space that is utilized by some traditions for magical workings.

I see! Thank you for the explanation. I will do more research into that, liminal space, especially how it pertains to trancing and divination.

#102 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

Lots of good comments. I generally use light trance so I can participate in a two way conversation with Spirit. If I'm too far gone it defeats the purpose of contact.

#103 NightshadeMoon

NightshadeMoon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:26 AM

Lots of good comments. I generally use light trance so I can participate in a two way conversation with Spirit. If I'm too far gone it defeats the purpose of contact.

This is so true! If I am asking for answers to something it's pointless to be completely consumed because I won't remember the answers.

I am often working with spirit animals, and one is rather elusive but considering what it is I'm not too surprised. The other one is often...and just as I am about to say silent he decides to plop himself next to me. The most vocal one I have taken a liking to we seem to have this silent admiration for each other, and I ask this spirit simple questions to which I get simple answers. I try to avoid full trances though as mentioned above.

Edited by NightshadeMoon, 17 August 2016 - 03:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spirit, deity, demon, fae