NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

@ Namedforthemoon-
Crossroads:
You may be familiar with the term liminal space? If not, this is an important concept that can't be fully described in a post- you may want to research. But very basically:
A liminal space is a threshold. The beach is a liminal space, dividing the sea and land. Midnight is a liminal "space", dividing days. A doorway is a liminal space, dividing what is on one side of the door from the other. TRANCE is a liminal space between consciousness and unconsciousness. Liminal spaces are a good way to bridge between the magical and the mundane, this world and the spirit world. In some ways it is a form of representational magic. I hope that makes sense.
A crossroads is a crossroads- literally. Where two roads intersect. For certain special instances a "Y" type/3 way crossroads is used but usually it is simply where two roads form a cross type intersection. These are very common- but finding one good for working at is a little harder. Some areas have desolate crossroads that are not frequented and are conducive to magical workings. There is much lore associated with crossroads in particular that you can read about.
But in short crossroads are a special liminal place/space that is utilized by some traditions for magical workings.

I see! Thank you for the explanation. I will do more research into that, liminal space, especially how it pertains to trancing and divination.

#102 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:54 PM

Lots of good comments. I generally use light trance so I can participate in a two way conversation with Spirit. If I'm too far gone it defeats the purpose of contact.

#103 NightshadeMoon

NightshadeMoon

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:26 AM

Lots of good comments. I generally use light trance so I can participate in a two way conversation with Spirit. If I'm too far gone it defeats the purpose of contact.

This is so true! If I am asking for answers to something it's pointless to be completely consumed because I won't remember the answers.

I am often working with spirit animals, and one is rather elusive but considering what it is I'm not too surprised. The other one is often...and just as I am about to say silent he decides to plop himself next to me. The most vocal one I have taken a liking to we seem to have this silent admiration for each other, and I ask this spirit simple questions to which I get simple answers. I try to avoid full trances though as mentioned above.

Edited by NightshadeMoon, 17 August 2016 - 03:27 AM.

#104 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

So this post come up under a search for masks, lol. I read through the whole thing as I am starting some work on a poppet soon. I just wanted to add in case some new members take an interest it the topic that after my ancestors the next spirits I had contact with were the wights or land spirits in my home. I started leaving offerings of honey in milk. Warmed just bit to mix well. I have three now. One from the old house, one from the new and one that just showed up. I can feel them very strongly when grounding and making offerings. They are great to work with for anything around the house from protection, to gardening, to energy. They will also move with you if you offer, like the one from the old house. I used a bird house for it to attach to. 

#105 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Great thread, glad you bumped it Holdasown!

#106 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

I randomly heard and saw spirits as a kid before I'd even started attending school, like the night the neighbor lady's see-through self visited me to say good bye & my parents told me the next day that she'd died during the night. I just took it for granted & the ability sort of followed me until I paid attention in my late teens and worked with a professional medium to develop it.

As a 4-year old I'd sit alone in the wooded area behind our house and listen. I loved the wind in the trees and heard a lot that way. I'd just stay quietly in a half-dozing state and yet focussed and paying attention. I'd make little houses in natural alcoves and under cascades of raspberry canes. I wasn't just playing "dolls" which I thought was boring. The first time I was given a doll I'd floored mom by asking what it was for. My Teddy bear & I already understood each other, so what's the doll for?? Today as I reflect back, I figure my spirit guide probably resided in that old panda bear. I wonder how many kids have a bed-buddy toy like that & don't realize who it is? I dragged that bear everywhere! The time mom ran him thru the washer I stayed right there and waited through the 2nd rinse cycle, and when he was hung by one ear on the clothes line, I'd sat on the grass all day under him...waiting with him. It took him a couple days to line-dry & I decided he was sleeping & gave myself an excuse to leave him to just get on with it.

I know these are valid memories and think that analyzing them could be helpful to someone wanting to start a relationship of their own & maybe discover they already have one in their own childhood or later in forming an attachment to a special place where they sensed something. That half-dozing yet focussed and alert state is probably familiar to anyone who meditates, as would Listening to Nature & making a spirit-house. I didn't know back then that was what I was doing, of course. It's only by looking back at how I got here to this Trad-WC website that it's coming together.

Edited by Zombee, 22 May 2018 - 04:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spirit, deity, demon, fae