• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

@Mountain Witch - Can you please change the title to 'trials' not 'trails' it's giving me a toothache in my brain everytime I see this thread, sorry. ;)

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#22 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

@Mountain Witch - Can you please change the title to 'trials' not 'trails' it's giving me a toothache in my brain everytime I see this thread, sorry. ;)

LOL. No need for a dentist!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#23 Bamfiz

Bamfiz

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:04 AM

I understand that it's generally a very American way of thinking but I genuinely forget that witch trials happened outside of the United States in Salem and that it is still happening now in certain places. This was a bit of a splash of cold water to my face but I feel it was a very much needed dose of facts for myself to face. I spent a bit of time looking through some articles just now and just learning about a few random cases that I found. 

Johannes Junius (c. 1573-1628) Germany. Burned to death after being tortured to point of confession

Agnes Waterhouse (c. 1503-1566) England. Hung. Her daughter was also accused but was found to be not guilty.

Mima Renard (d. 1692) Brazil. Burned to death. Was a prostitute, when two of her clients fought eachother and one died their wives accused her of witchcraft and she was found guilty

Soulmother of Küssnacht (d. 1577) Switzerland. Burned to death. Was a well known medium in her community

Marketta Punasuomalainen (d. 1658) Finland. Burned to death. Was a cunning woman who made a living off nature medicine and being known as a magician

Though the very few that I listed her are all older I was genuinely surprised to come across so many different articles on various cases. Reading about a lot of these trials has definitely been what I would consider unsettling but I do feel like it is important to fully understand our history and face it more head on.