Photo
- - - - -

Long distance protection for family, from family.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

There is no way a homeless, unemployed man with a rap sheet is going to be awarded custody of a special needs child.

I wish that were 100% true yet I've seen reality go against that to many times. Even to the point of children, special needs at that, get placed back in the custody of abusive parents who are forgiven for they themselves are special needs and you can't legally remove their rights due to their disabilities. It's an ugly reality but still a reality none the less.

#22 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

There is no way a homeless, unemployed man with a rap sheet is going to be awarded custody of a special needs child.

She is 20 so there shouldn't be a custody battle. I'm worried about a kidnapping.
My mother, who had been deemed an unfit parent 3 times by Florida courts, still won custody of me and my siblings years ago. I don't trust the legal system very much.

My main concern in using any magick was the blood relations. I assumed that I couldn't avoid backlash from that so I'm glad that was totally cleared up.

Yup, just a little bit of pixie dust...

#23 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Yes, cursing or binding a parent or other direct hierarchical relative can cause serious complications, I have seen it happen once. To curse your father would be to curse half of your own blood as well as your sister's. I think it could be done but it would take a lot of patience, knowledge, and very specific magical constructs to prevent backlash. It's probably more trouble than it's worth.

I don't know what your living situation is exactly, but what about the possibility of you taking in your sister? You are obviously willing to protect her, if that's within the realm of realistic avenues it might be worth considering.

Have you considered directly talking to your father? You might actually be able to cause more impact than his brothers and sisters could. Tell him what you really think about him maybe? No magic needed, but psychology is magical in its own right. To be shunned by your offspring is damning in and of itself.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#24 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

Bind to; banish from is what I was taught. Banishment for him; protection for her; the mental maze idea is quite good monsno.
"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#25 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:20 AM

Just an aside though here but I find it interesting how so many can say "They've disowned" some family member or ancestor because of what they did or one might think they did. Implying that blood has no affect / effect upon them, their ancestry or lineage even though they might honor their ancestors. Then out the other side of their mouths speak about how cursing, binding, etc is such a bad thing for what it might cause via the blood line and descendants or relatives.

So using the greatest curse of all, disowning and ignoring ones own ancestry and things it contributed to their life is ok. Yet heaven forbid you should take some other action upon them that is done to protect, separate or disown them. Even the ancient difixiones (sp) allowed people to curse or bring things to bear upon family through their own magic or divine intervention. The assumption that blood ties automatically bind and bound you to them and they to you.
Very Christian if you consider it. Honor and obey thy mother and father above all other's for they are the well spring from which you are born.

#26 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

The blood itself can be an obstacle in this case since he is closer tied to her than you unfortunately.

+1 for this, Caps. Use blood sparingly !

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#27 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Things get messy when you cast on blood.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#28 Ogga

Ogga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

What's north symbolize in ur tradition. We're in all different places on the planet.

To keep it short...in old Norse mythology and tradition, North is where you face when you do magick/trolldom (instead of facing east like in many Christian influented traditions). In the North you could find the way to Hel, a cold and frosen place for the souls of people that died of sicknes, old age and not in honorable combat. No one and nothing can leave Hel, not even the gods, unless its Queen...also named Hel...alows it. In the North you could also find the way to Alfheim, Juntonheim and Utgaard...where elves, trolls, giants and other magical creatures lives.

Also...north of the Viking population lived the Sapmi (often mentioned as Finns and should not be comfused with the finns from Finland) a people then known for their powerfull witches and Magicians (with that said i want to point out that if you really want to try to understand Norse mythology you need to know a bit about Sapmi mythology).

This believes about north contionued after christianity. So to be burried on the grave yard North of the church was concidered low status and a bad thing even thou the ground was sacred, because trolls and spirits could enter there. And in folklore tradition from Sweden/scandinavia North of the church is considered dangerous and grave yard dirt from that side of the church is considered more magickal and with other properties the dirt from other parts of the grave yard.

Thats the background...but for me personally...to turn North comes natural to me its...in my bones so to say. Unless I work with others with the Abrahamitic tradition to turn East, or for a specificerad spell/reason that demands I turn in another direction, I always faces north....I always find North the easiest. My spells becomes more effective and is easier to cast if I turn North. I didn't thought much of it before, I just did it....but now when I have started to try to come in contact with the ancestors and the land...I have started to understand it a bit more.

(please forgive me for my bad spelling and sometimes wierd words...my phone autocorrects to Swedish for the moment)

Edited by Ogga, 12 June 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#29 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:52 AM

There's nothing to forgive, ur language is quite clear. Thank you for such a wonderful explanation. That was beautiful.

#30 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:52 AM

There's nothing to forgive, ur language is quite clear. Thank you for such a wonderful explanation. That was beautiful.

#31 Ogga

Ogga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thanx RR :)

#32 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

Having someone forcibly committed to a psychiatric institution is no easy thing, not like it was decades ago. You have to have a doctor sign off on it, have the state sign off on it(via the state mental health coordinator), among other things, and it's not like they'd keep him forever. I've tried to work that angle with someone in MY family....waste of time.

However, I'm fairly certain that if one of your aunts or uncles got power of attorney over your grandmother, THAT person could kick your father the hell out of her house.....they're likely a lot tougher than she is. Just a thought. I don't think the power of attorney has to be a permanent arrangement, either, but I don't know for sure, I'm not a lawyer.

Has anyone considered a restraining order, against your father, to keep him away from your special needs sister? Seeing as how he is a derelict, a user, mentally unstable, and has a history of committing assault(against the police no less), I'm sure this wouldn't be impossible.

As for hexing blood relatives, I've had to do this, most likely will have to do it again, and it has been effective, with no blowback, so yes, it can definitely be done safely. I know quite a few very experienced traditionalists that agree with me, and have had the same experience.

You don't necessarily need to curse him, wreak vengeance, or throw his life into turmoil.....you just need to get him out of your lives, and for the working to be effective, no? Seeing as how your strength is not in hexing/cursing, have you considered doing something 'nice' for him? What does he want? Life goals? Dreams?

What will distract him and get him the hell away from your family?

If this is not adequate, you can always pull the rug out from under him, or make everything go sour....

Things of this nature can sometimes only be managed, not solved completely. If your initial efforts don't pan out well, try again, and work a different angle. Try to work with your strengths, at what you CAN do, and in the meantime, perhaps study and practice a variety of different magical techniques, which will then give you more options in the future?

Good luck, I know that dealing with family can be a real bitch!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#33 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

All of you are wonderful for taking the time to post here! I have learned quite a bit reading your responses. One of my aunts has power of attorney over my Granny's affairs (I was not made aware of this) and my father had a court hearing this morning concerning him living there. I don't know the result yet, but I have a good feeling that the outcome was favorable.
I am not nearly as panicked as I was when the situation became real, and I almost feel silly for being as scared as I was. Regardless, I've sent her a little satchet to keep under her pillow with some protective herbs, and told her to keep daddy in her prayers. The aunt she lives with is Christian and married to a pastor so I respect their beliefs. Also, I am delving more into my ancestry past my great grandparents (and learning some cool shit, too. My last name is Anglo-Saxon and the first of my American blood came over with William Penn!)
My sister used to live with my boyfriend and I. I was much too young to try and care for her the way she needed, and our relationship was too...sisterly? She needs a real mother figure/caregiver or she absolutely does not respect authority. I worked 40+hours and went to school. Also, I had my younger brother to handle and they both required multiple doctors appointments. Our aunt is retired and devotes all of her waking moments to my sister, and also has degrees in social work and psychology. She is much more cut out for the task of raising my sister. (I'm on mobile or I would have quoted the person who asked about my sister staying with me.)
I don't have a tradition, and my Christian upbringing still likes to cling on like cheap toilet paper. I've always considered myself on multiple crooked paths.
Aurelian, my father's goals and dreams are to have his kids travel the world with him in a famous Christian heavy metal band, with him as the "Straight Freddie Mercury of the pre-apolcolytic Christian Era." Soo....
I don't ever wish him ill, I wish I could think of him as "daddy" again. I'm just scared of this person he's morphed in to. But maybe that person was always there... *sigh*

Yup, just a little bit of pixie dust...

#34 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

Everybody goes Dark Side at some point. There are things that can only be learned in the Dark. Not everyone comes back. This severe level of fundamentalism combined with the energy required for a heavy metal band - is Dark Side.

There are too many unknowns in family situations like this to cast effectively or objectively.

I think you're right to be scared of the man he's morphed into. 'God will's it' has been the battle cry of fanatics for millennia. I lived in a very rural/farming area in the bible belt. Those people are nuts!

#35 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

That is dire!

Grrrr I know a spell that may be of good use for you...not a binding, but functions to stop people from terrorizing you...but I can't remember the details and it's in a file on a hard drive on a computer stuck in the repair shop for...two weeks at least. I'll PM it to you when I can, remind me though! I'm sure you could handle it, it's not really a 'hex' either!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#36 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

How did this work out in the end? Hope everything is ok with you and your family xx
Star x