Photo
- - - - -

Long distance protection for family, from family.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

This is probably the 4th time I've tried to post this (hopefully in the right area); I keep hitting the silly back button. So I'm going to forego on the long winded explanation that I had planned on and try keep this brief.
I am at a loss what do to and would appreciate input. The situation is this; my special needs sister currently lives with my aunt and uncle in New Jersey where she is happy and flourishing into a beautiful and productive young woman. She does receive SSI but it is small and is being saved for her. Now my father who has fallen deeper into Christian fanaticism has decided that after nearly 6 years, he wants my sister to live with him. But with the way he has become (abusive and belligerent to his frail old mother that he lives with [read: mooches off of], wilder visions of grandiose, obsessive, possessive..etc.) she is wholly against it. His M.O is undoubtedly to use her as his meal ticket, as he has stubbornly resisted getting a job for nearly a decade
His brothers and sisters (my aunts and uncles) have tried multiple courses of action to get him to vacate his mother's (my poor Granny) home. Police, eviction, he was arrested for assaulting an officer while there, convicted, and still returned to her home. They even tried bribing him with a HUGE lump sum of money so that he could find his own place and look for work. I used to admire his tenacity but now it disgusts me. So he's used a portion of that money to get his car fixed which is where our terror has become very real.
He has alluded to showing up at my sister's school to see her, which as you can imagine has us all uneasy. She is also scheduled to come to Florida (where my mother and I reside) for a visit. My father has suggested he might also make the trip down to "reunite" with my vulnerable mother (invariably another meal ticket as she is also on SSI). If that's the case, my sister will not be able to visit for fear of her safety. I miss her; it's been three years and I am NOT OKAY with my father screwing with our lives anymore.
It seems all mundane courses of action have been taken to deal with him. My sister's caseworker has been made aware of the situation but apparently no legal actions can take place as of yet.
I need to decide on the best course of action. My skill is not great, but I believe there is a real need for binding and protection in this situation. How would you go about this? Would poppets work at a huge distance? Without anything other than photos? Again, I am not seriously skilled so I'm afraid anything too complicated would backfire. But I can't allow things to just happen.
Thanks for getting this far into my ramble.

Yup, just a little bit of pixie dust...

#2 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

Hi Melanadanio,

Sorry for the complicated situation.
I would either work at restraining you father, or protecting your sister.
Preferably the second one.
Another possibility would be what in Italian witchcraft is called an 'estrangement', which works to separate two people.
However, given the aggressive temper of your father, I would avoid messing with him. Concentrate on putting your sister in a safe place, and ask ancestry spirits to watch over her. When it's about family matters, I find ancestors to be a very good way to go.

It seems all mundane courses of action have been taken to deal with him. My sister's caseworker has been made aware of the situation but apparently no legal actions can take place as of yet.
I need to decide on the best course of action. My skill is not great, but I believe there is a real need for binding and protection in this situation. How would you go about this? Would poppets work at a huge distance? Without anything other than photos? Again, I am not seriously skilled so I'm afraid anything too complicated would backfire. But I can't allow things to just happen.
Thanks for getting this far into my ramble.

I find that with close family members you may not need a physical witness of the person. If you can work on the bond that naturally links you guys, there you have your connection.
If you are not skilled at this kind of workings, photos can work great and can help your focus, whatever way you decide to go. Distance is never an issue with sympathetic magic, in my opinion. It just doesn't work that way.

Re poppets... if you are not familiar with them, go for the photo. In my experience, a poppet that does not contain a physical witness of the person needs a good amount of experience with properly preparing and 'baptizing' them.

So in brief, the way I would go is protect your sister. Work on a waining moon, encircle the photo in copious amount of rock salt and protective herbs ( rue, garlic, sage, nettle, spiky plants...). Burn copious amount of protective incense and ask the people of your family that have passed away to keep an eye on her (giving an appropriate offering in return).

Hope this helps!

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#3 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

Distance isn't an issue, and photos are more than enough. I am not at all a binding expert, others here will give better direction, but I'd consider creating a poppet, maybe even cut out a photo of his face and slap it on there, bind it with string or bindweed and possibly even shove it in the freezer for good measure. The will, not the method, is most important- so as long as you want it to happen it doesn't matter about lack of experience. Saying things like 'You are bound from hurting or seeking money from our family' is more effective than saying 'You will be bound'. It directs the magic into working in the now which is what you want.

Something is really wrong with your father. Maybe binding will give you enough time to figure out what. Seems like in order to protect your family in the long run the source of this bizarre behaviour needs to be pinned and treated.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#4 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

Thank you both for your responses. I agree, Aria, I should focus on protecting my sister for now. He is a loose cannon right now and I've never really had the energy to deal with him, much less try and stop him from being a jackass.
I really like your suggestion, Pikkusisko. I know he suffers from bipolar (honestly, he seems to enjoy it because he gets multiple medications from various doctors...) so that simple binding will ideally allow time for me to figure out how I can help him. He's an asshole of the grandest kind, but he's still blood.
Thank you both for your responses. They've given me more things to consider and I want to be sure I consider all angles. I don't believe I have room for mistakes with this one. :sad:

#5 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

Tap your blood to protect her Also, curse his ass - be freely nasty about it.

RSKHFMY

#6 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:35 AM

You've got to get him into the maze. I don't normally use books of fiction as an inspiration but consider the book Rose Madder by Stephen King. You can turn him into the raging bull but also trap him inside the mind maze with him entering through the picture portal or a labyrinth. It's sort of a curse but also a higher means of protection in that it traps but doesn't really hurt or injure the person but locks them away in their own mind.

#7 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

The blood itself can be an obstacle in this case since he is closer tied to her than you unfortunately. I like other suggestions here, but not the curse one because of this. There is another factor, you could do remote work on him because of his tie to you, constructive work, that is. It might not seem like what you want to do but often there are factors that people don't mention like alcoholism or mental illness. To do Baneful work on someone tied to you who may actually be ill without considering this may be dangerous and foolish, imo.

Edited by Caps, 10 June 2015 - 11:37 AM.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#8 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Or you could try cutting the cord between him and her so he looses interest in her...

M

#9 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Problem with cutting cords from my point of view is its never a single cord but more like a series of telephone cords wrapped in many cables. You cut one but it never severs all of them. Like consider you cut the cord between him and her yet mom's cord is still in place along with all the influence he has upon Mother's cord. So he is not removed at all only the avenue he takes to gain access is shifted a bit. It's more of that sling shot or kick off of another person type workings and returns.
The good part of the curse scenario I gave is it doesn't harm him as much as sends him off into his own world and mind. Not dissimilar to a star trek episode where a creature was placed inside a stand along computer and allowed to create its own reality and interaction. Yet completely removed from the rest of the world at large. Blood has nothing to do with it in that capacity.

#10 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

I really like your suggestion, Pikkusisko. I know he suffers from bipolar (honestly, he seems to enjoy it because he gets multiple medications from various doctors...) so that simple binding will ideally allow time for me to figure out how I can help him. He's an asshole of the grandest kind, but he's still blood.

I'm not saying he isn't an asshole underneath the diagnosis, but unproperly treated biopolar disorder can really rear it's ugly head in some unattractive personality traits, especially during a manic episode. The habit he has of holding family members hostage for money- especially your grandmother- isn't all that encouraging (could there even be some bad blood in your family you don't know about for him to feel entitled to behave this way?). Bipolar disorder is very difficult to stablize, even if he is taking the medication there's a good chance he's not actually stable. There's maybe even the chance he's abusing the medication or coming off it in order to experience a manic high.

The 'curse his ass' suggestion doesn't sit well with me because he seems the sort of person to take his pain out on others. So maybe in order to protect your grandmother from his behaviour do a little sweetening spell so he thinks twice before he acts badly around her? And maybe it's best to find out what is going on with his condition and medication. He maybe needs a new doctor or to start taking his treatment more seriously- might be nice to do something to help him 'realize' it.

Edited by Pikkusisko, 10 June 2015 - 12:35 PM.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#11 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

Has the thought 'don't use magic' crossed anyone's mind here?

Have you guys ever tried to magically contain or manipulate someone like her father? It's a hard fucking thing to do. And she doesn't know what the hell she's doing.

And no - you have not exhausted all the mundane measures. Just the ones you were willing to.

If you want to jump into a working of this magnitude with the level of knowledge and skill that you have right now - it's going to be sink or swim time. It's like jumping into the deep end of the ocean during a raging storm. You will either figure out your Gifts and learn to use them real quick OR you'll completely fuck yourself and be back on forums in a few years asking for help to undo the 'curse' that's on you.

Usually, the advice you'll get then is curse breaking advice - which won't work cuz you fucked yourself. It's way worse if it does work.

Meditate. Calm yourself. Breathe. You're an emotional wreck right now (can feel that through your post). This is the WORST time to do magic. It goes all sideways and wonky, If it does happen to actually work - you have no control over the level and it usually end in overkill because it's emotionally powered.

If you want to wield magic responsibly - learn the skills. You're walking into an arena that you are utterly unprepared for.

Oh, and cord cutting ceremonies don't work for close relationships like this. There are too many smaller threads - it's more like a piece of fabric than a web.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#12 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

You've got to get him into the maze. I don't normally use books of fiction as an inspiration but consider the book Rose Madder by Stephen King. You can turn him into the raging bull but also trap him inside the mind maze with him entering through the picture portal or a labyrinth. It's sort of a curse but also a higher means of protection in that it traps but doesn't really hurt or injure the person but locks them away in their own mind.

I've never read that book but now I'll have to! I'm concerned though, with how deep he's sunk in to his religious fanaticism that he's already stuck in a maze of his own making.

#13 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

I don't want anyone to assume that I have not been studying and learning what I can over quite a few years, and that I think magic is a cure-all. I know it's not simple and I could make the situation worse by making a slightly wrong move. Things generally have a way of working out for me and I have good control over my life and actions which is why I haven't had much experience in spell work. I just have never thought I needed to, past basic protections for my home and vehicle.
The next measure my aunt suggested taking was setting him up so that she could have him hauled off to the mental institution, but he has a way of being charismatic and slipping through situations like that, and it would only anger him further. It's almost like he has a cloak of invisibility that only our family can see though. It seems to work on authority.
I am very grateful for everyone's suggestions and I knew posting here before doing anything was a good idea. I knew this would be something beyond my scope of ability.

Aria, you mentioned ancestry spirits. I know that I have people in my ancestry that are like my father, particularly his own paternal grandfather, which is why I haven't delved much into working with my ancestors. I don't want to involve him in anything. But I believe I may take this as a sign to start working with them more closely and learning more.

I think protection for her is going to be my priority. My intent right now is to keep her safe, and I will meditate on that. Not that I wouldn't love to set him straight, and make him see the error of his ways, but now is not the time for vengeance. Besides, he might think the spiritual attack is a sign from God that he's been favored by Him and Satan is working harder to destroy his righteousness. :dry: :cuckoo:

My aunts and uncles that are physically closer to the situation are brainstorming more mundane ways to control him. They are all Christian so there's a lot of prayer going on as well. If there isn't a full on exorcism performed on him in the next few months I will be genuinely surprised.

#14 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

I'd focus on protecting your sister right now. I have a similar situation involving being given permission to curse a friend's ex -- except he's crazy & is trying to kill her -- but have refrained because of the mental state of that person. You don't want to have to be constantly binding your dad & trying to keep him down, you know? Asking for your ancestors' protection is a powerful thing. Let him screw himself over mundanely. If it ever makes it to court, do some work in the judge to get them on your side if they have a reputation in the other direction.
Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#15 Ogga

Ogga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

If you are as emotional as it seems (you could say that my "spider sense" tingled....just by
looking at your profile picture before I read your post), you shouldn't use magick.
The craft requires a sharp and clear mind and will, to not being dangerous to its user and
his/hers surroundings. So get your emotions under control, learn how to act clear and
logical even due to enormous emotional (good or bad) pressure and stress...when you
have that control the you can use your craft. In the meantime use your imagination to
figure out those mundane ways to keep him away you haven't thought of yet. And ask
your ancestors to deal with the situation...when its family they know how to deal with it.

With that said...I can honestly say that I didn't do it like that. I dove right in an poured all
my hate, anger and hurt into my spells. I got good results...but I was also hit by my own
energies...no i don't believe in the threefold...but you could say that I was hit by my own
ricochets...and it took years of pain and work to repair. So now you know whats in store
for you if you decide to work magick right now.

In my tradition (swedish/scandinavian) often if you wanted to get rid of something that hurt
you, your family or your livelihood (physical, spiritual, economical and so on) you throw a
representant for it in a stream that goes north. The water takes it away so it can't return.
So for example if I have a wound that won't heal I could stick a needle in it and the throw
the needle i the stream, and the water will take the hurt and bad "mojo" in the wound north
and away...and the wound will heal.

Using that in your position...and since you know puppet work... I would make a puppet of your
father using materials that floats, cut out a photo on him and stick it on the puppet. Throw it in
a stream going north while reciting a short and appropriate (self written) spell.

I can't say we have anything on streams going south...but...my gut feeling tells me that if you also
makes puppets of your sister and the rest of the family and toss them in a stream going south with
a blessing AFTER you sent the father puppet north...you could get good results...but your will must
be crystal clear...

Just a suggestion

Edited by Ogga, 10 June 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#16 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

What's north symbolize in ur tradition. We're in all different places on the planet.

Working magic on people like you've described your father to be, is slippery. It's a hard won skill set. Without a mentor it can be a meatgrinder and I mean someone with you locally for hands on work.

Who knows, maybe exorcism will do some good. And good docs can tell the difference. Unfortunately, We live in a world where the bottom half of the class still gets a medical license.

Who in your ancestry kept ur dad in line while they were alive? Who looked after you? Do you have an ancestor that you would feel comfy with lighting a candle, luring your heart out and asking to protect your family? Your love for your sister shines through your anger at your dad. It sounds like your main goal is love and protection of family.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#17 Gyreleaf

Gyreleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

At the very least you could make the poppet with the photo and throw him in the freezer to slow him down. You will need the poppet to be freezable so if you make it from cloth you need to wet it or wrap it in wet paper towels.

To take it a step further you can put extra obstacles in his path by binding the hands and feet of the poppet. Then sprinkle poppy seeds on it asking for them to sew confusion. Also sprinkle black mustard seeds asking for it to disrupt his plans and actions.

To take it another step further would be to make some hot-footing powder or banishing powders and using them with the poppet and burying it at a crossroads to get him out of your lives for good.

I am not suggesting you do any of these things except the basic poppet in the freezer but I include them as things you could research and learn about for a later time if needed.

#18 Oohdelally

Oohdelally

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I will be writing them down in my journal for future reference once I have more experience and solid footing on my path.

#19 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Has the thought 'don't use magic' crossed anyone's mind here?

Have you guys ever tried to magically contain or manipulate someone like her father? It's a hard fucking thing to do. And she doesn't know what the hell she's doing.

And no - you have not exhausted all the mundane measures. Just the ones you were willing to.

If you want to jump into a working of this magnitude with the level of knowledge and skill that you have right now - it's going to be sink or swim time. It's like jumping into the deep end of the ocean during a raging storm. You will either figure out your Gifts and learn to use them real quick OR you'll completely fuck yourself and be back on forums in a few years asking for help to undo the 'curse' that's on you.

Usually, the advice you'll get then is curse breaking advice - which won't work cuz you fucked yourself. It's way worse if it does work.

Meditate. Calm yourself. Breathe. You're an emotional wreck right now (can feel that through your post). This is the WORST time to do magic. It goes all sideways and wonky, If it does happen to actually work - you have no control over the level and it usually end in overkill because it's emotionally powered.

If you want to wield magic responsibly - learn the skills. You're walking into an arena that you are utterly unprepared for.

Oh, and cord cutting ceremonies don't work for close relationships like this. There are too many smaller threads - it's more like a piece of fabric than a web.

What's north symbolize in ur tradition. We're in all different places on the planet.

Working magic on people like you've described your father to be, is slippery. It's a hard won skill set. Without a mentor it can be a meatgrinder and I mean someone with you locally for hands on work.
Who knows, maybe exorcism will do some good. And good docs can tell the difference. Unfortunately, We live in a world where the bottom half of the class still gets a medical license.

Who in your ancestry kept ur dad in line while they were alive? Who looked after you? Do you have an ancestor that you would feel comfy with lighting a candle, luring your heart out and asking to protect your family? Your love for your sister shines through your anger at your dad. It sounds like your main goal is love and protection of family.

Yes, Rosy suggestions are probably the best for your situation now. Instead of attempting Magick to solve these issues now without considering other course of actions or the right course of actions to deal with these issues from the core. It is better meditate on these issues, calm yourself down first to have the clarity to deal with them.

As a family linked by blood, it is not feasible to resort to extreme negative actions unless there is really a need to. Cursing, Binding, Banishing or Cord Severing will not work well for your situation if you do not want to suffer any other negative consequences occurring due to such actions. Banishing will not work for long; as you are linked by blood, he will be back in time so it will not solve your issues permanently.

Instead if you are seeking protection for your sister from your dad, the best would be seeking your Ancestral Spirits help and protection as your Ancestral Spirits are the ones you should turn to for help in the Family, only them will help you unconditionally as you are their descendants. Light a vigil candle on your Ancestral Spirit Altar and pray to them for help, ask them to protect your sister from your father and give her strength to overcome these difficult time of her life. Add her in your daily prayers. Monitor her situations and I am sure it will bring about positive changes with your Love and Faith.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#20 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

There is no way a homeless, unemployed man with a rap sheet is going to be awarded custody of a special needs child.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.