Hypothetical What would you do?

Guest monsnoleedra

Guest monsnoleedra

In 1969 the movie Journey To the Far Side of the Sun was released. It's a Sci-Fi movie based on the premise of a unknown planet orbiting the sun yet exactly 180 degree's opposite of the Earth. In order to discover more about the planet Earth sends two astronauts to the unknown planet. The space journey is rather dull and uneventful but eventually leading to the loss of their landing craft as they try to land upon the "New Planet". At that point the story truly takes on its purpose and we soon discover the planet is in essence a duplicate copy of Earth in every capacity. Duplicate people, cities, events, etc. So our astronauts find themselves faced with the situation of being believed to have aborted the mission and returned only to discover they are on a reversed Earth. The story then unfolds as the astronaut (one dies) tries to show what happened and the people of the other planet realize the truth of the matter.

Now the film for certain is an attempt to explore the idea of duplicate physical realities existing upon the same dimension. No such inference of anti-mater or anti-time simply a true mirrored image and inversion of polarity. Sort of a what really would be found if one passed through the looking glass and found themselves within the reflection of the other reflection.

In shamanic journey I have experienced places that are "different" but never a place that was a true mirror image of my own existing dimension. Places where reality surely took a left turn and the so called laws of physics leave one wondering. Places that may reside only upon the internal landscape of my own mind. Places that may reside upon alternate universes and dimensions where something other than humanity evolved. Heck even places that existed before our time and perhaps will exist after our time. Have experienced places where the mirror reflects ones true self, not unlike how the first movie The Neverending Story does as the hero faces himself as the lost and scared child reading a book and seeing his true reflection in the mirror.

Yet as a hypothetical situation and question what would you do if you were to find yourself in such a situation? A place where everything is your reality but it's all reversed. Where many times it's not the truth in front of you that enlightens or hinders but the small truths and instincts that guide you. A place where you have to hold the label to the mirror to read it yet everyone else thinks it is normal. Where even the very body you reside in is created for your truth so is opposite of what their medical truths show to be truthful. To truly be a stranger in a strange land where it is all familiar yet all unfamiliar at the same time.

So what would you do? Have to admit myself at first it would be a challenge and thrill to experience and face. But eventually i'd want to go home where I fit in even if I don't truly fit in.

Guest monsnoleedra

I know some who claim life itself is the grand illusion. Everything else is simply dreams to give it depth. Would really suck though to die and discover it's all been like the matrix and we exist to fuel the illusion. That would be the ultimate hoax I think.

Guest monsnoleedra

Have you been watching (or do you watch) "Through the Wormhole" w/Morgan Freeman?!

Honestly can't recall the last time I saw that show. I stumbled upon it once but it never held my attention so sort of used that one episode as a gauge against the whole series. Sort of reminded me of Leonard Nimoy's old series In Search Of ........ While I didn't always agree with the drawn conclusions have to admit it did introduce me to a number of idea's and notions that inspired me to research things.

• 7 years later...

I think that if I went to another world it would seem just as real very quickly. It would seem more real because my mind would expand by understanding it. My mind would fill the available understandings. Assuming I wanted to go back home - If I couldn't get back home, I would probably just settle in and enjoy it. My existence would go on. I would have new experiences and become invested. I would remember the past, and I bet there would be things about it that I would miss, but if I couldn't access it anymore I would accept that in time.

I think our world feels kind of fake. Even when I was growing up and all the experiences were new it seemed fake, I was eager to get at some whatever-it-was that I intuited was some reality. But when you're older the many limitations seem ridiculous. It makes me feel a lot more daring about the possibilities of what my life could be, I'm less likely to accept limitations.

• Upvote 1