- - - - -

Old drawings, ball point pen

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

I am so disconnected from the tarot, and almost even uninterested, that it wouldn't feel fair to design a deck. I feel it would ruin it.

Tarot aside you could make a non-traditional card set. While most card collectors think about sports cards there are a lot of collectors that focus upon what is termed Non-Traditional card decks. Non traditional decks include artists regardless of genre, things like Mars Attacks cards, the old Wacky Pack card series, ships and transportation, heck even the most wanted cards that were issued for Iraq. Lots of potentials there. Number of cards per issue often varies from genre to genre though many of them have something in the order of 50 cards per deck though Disney type cards tended to have something like 25 per deck with a few special foils, 3d or puzzle type cards included as well.

#22 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

Tarot aside you could make a non-traditional card set. While most card collectors think about sports cards there are a lot of collectors that focus upon what is termed Non-Traditional card decks. Non traditional decks include artists regardless of genre, things like Mars Attacks cards, the old Wacky Pack card series, ships and transportation, heck even the most wanted cards that were issued for Iraq. Lots of potentials there. Number of cards per issue often varies from genre to genre though many of them have something in the order of 50 cards per deck though Disney type cards tended to have something like 25 per deck with a few special foils, 3d or puzzle type cards included as well.

Yes, many tarot lovers also make use of non-traditional decks. The cards in non-traditional decks may or may not refer to the two main traditional tarot systems, Tarot de Marseille and Raider-Waite-Smith.
That meaning that one may just create his/her own deck, with one's own cards and symbolism. I always lacked the skills, but the day I'll have the time to start a serious art class I will start drawing my deck. The only card that I have produced so far, you can see in my avatar.

The reason I suggested you draw a deck is because, when I looked at your drawings, they talked to me. The same way that tarot-cards talk to me. Like a key that opens a door.
I could see myself using cards with these drawings (and I'm a picky tarot-reader, I normally only go for TdM decks, with an exception for Etteilla).
Then I know people who hate when others try to elaborate on their art, so sorry if this all sounds weird to you.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#23 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

You have a Natural Gift and a beautiful Talent.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#24 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:17 PM

Yes, many tarot lovers also make use of non-traditional decks. The cards in non-traditional decks may or may not refer to the two main traditional tarot systems, Tarot de Marseille and Raider-Waite-Smith.
That meaning that one may just create his/her own deck, with one's own cards and symbolism. I always lacked the skills, but the day I'll have the time to start a serious art class I will start drawing my deck. The only card that I have produced so far, you can see in my avatar.

The reason I suggested you draw a deck is because, when I looked at your drawings, they talked to me. The same way that tarot-cards talk to me. Like a key that opens a door.
I could see myself using cards with these drawings (and I'm a picky tarot-reader, I normally only go for TdM decks, with an exception for Etteilla).
Then I know people who hate when others try to elaborate on their art, so sorry if this all sounds weird to you.

not at all! it actually means a lot to me, because these drawings spoke to me very much when i was making them. At the time i felt like i was documenting a war lol so it's good that others see things in them too.

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#25 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

These are amazing Barsa!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#26 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

thank you :)
"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#27 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:58 AM

Barsa, truly amazing. Your art is transcendent, it truly evokes the energy of the time it was created I am sure. As a fellow artist who also has experimented with ball point, you have truly mastered this form. If you can, find a motivator to take this up again!

#28 Natty

Natty

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

Wow! I'm totally blown away...... You are so wonderfully talented. 😊

#29 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip