Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

these are all old drawings... a few years old. I just can't find it in me to draw anymore.

Edited by Barsa, 13 May 2015 - 11:49 PM.

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#2 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

Lovely!!

*sigh* I so wish I could draw. The best I can do is stick people and that's not an exaggeration!

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#3 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:12 AM

Thanks, Red! :)
"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#4 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

You're so welcome! :) I love good artwork.
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#5 Tuuli

Tuuli

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

Omfg Barsa! I knew you could draw but these are absolutely incredible! I'm shocked! These are sooooooooooo good! Why are you not doing this for a living?

#6 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, Tuuli! I never got too into it I guess.

#7 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

These are incredible Barsa! You capture the emotion beautifully.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#8 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hello Barsa. Fine work there.. I hope you find it in you again (or outside) cause these are great.

#9 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Yes these are lovely Dark pieces expressed through Art. I love the 2nd and last piece.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#10 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

These are amazing Barsa. I can't stop looking at the fifth !
Your drawings have so match to say, you should design a tarot deck!

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#11 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the kind words.

#12 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

Barsa, what a tremendous talent you have! Lovely work. I agree with Tuuli- you could (should?) make a living as a professional artist!

#13 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Quite disturbing. I like!
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#14 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

I love them! Thank you for sharing

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#15 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

Some very nice items. Far better than a lot I see on eBay and such being sold.

A lot of times I try to figure out the inspiration for the depictions but not sure here with all the demonic looking characters. Would you care to please give us some background on each piece and perhaps why for the prevailing imagery your using? Don't have to of course but from my personal choice would really appreciate it if you would.

A picture speaks a thousand words for sure but sometimes a few words makes it speak millions vice simply thousands.

#16 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

I was kinda losing my mind when I did these. I made up a whole world in my head that was what Alexander the Great was seeing in his afterlife, and it was a perpetual battle of these semi Mountain gods. There were two different types, and the main way to kill them was to cut off their heads. Once in awhile something would happen, such as this disease spreading through the camps that was compared to the Manticore (see the image with the whited out eyes and a lion's mane). It got pretty detailed and my sanity derailed (i blame my quarter-life-crisis), but i managed to pull through and everything is peachy.

#17 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the answer.

Totally off topic perhaps but many of the drawings remind me of the Eastern Vampire lore. Especially the dead eyes, cutting off the head and moving through things like a plague. In some ways I get the impression of some of the Effreti (sp) or Rashaska (sp) type devil entities that would be seen in the Persian empire areas stretching to India.

Again thank you as knowing that does make them seem more alive and gives sort of a backdrop for them. Well gives me one anyway for which I thank you.

#18 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

Wowza, you are talented! I especially love the 3rd and 4th one, but they are all soooo good and interesting. Would love to see more of your work, if you were ever inclined to share.

#19 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

These are amazing Barsa. I can't stop looking at the fifth !
Your drawings have so match to say, you should design a tarot deck!

This!! I second this!

#20 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

I am so disconnected from the tarot, and almost even uninterested, that it wouldn't feel fair to design a deck. I feel it would ruin it.