Unknowingly using magic

ShamoonSigil

I recall many instances when I was younger (before I considered my self a witch) when I would be messing around pretending to do "magic" and then getting real results. A couple of examples:

When I was about 11 I had an step-aunt who was a florist and I would work for her during the summer time. It was in Texas during a drought, and her and a client were talking about how badly they needed rain. She jokingly looked to me and said "Hey, you have some Native American blood. Why don't you go outside and do a rain dance?" I didn't know what a rain dance was but I went outside and sort of danced around and chanted for a good bit. I think it was about an hour later it was pouring rain.

Another time I went with some people to visit a friend at her university. We all roamed around the campus after hours. There was a building that was supposedly haunted because of someone committing suicide in it and we wanted to check it out. The door was locked and there was no other way in. My friends knew at that point that I was into witchcraft so they jokingly suggested I used my magic to let them in. I had no Idea what I was actually doing so I laughed and sort of waved my hand at the locked door and not a second later someone walked out of the door letting us in.

I don't know if I believe in coincidence or not but stuff like that happened to me a lot before I even started practicing witchcraft. I was wondering if anyone else had any similar stories they would like to share and if anyone believes in natural "talent" when it comes to witchcraft.

I am interested to see some of the stories people share, because now that you mention I am also curious. I don't believe I had results like that when I was young, but I was fairly vexed with feeling entities everywhere. That is probably common, though, for young witches.

Guest monsnoleedra

While I think many children have an affinity for magical things and seeing the other plains and their residents I also think children have a greater awareness of things.

Consider the example the OP gives of doing a rain dance and rain coming shortly there after. Did the OP actually create the conditions to cause it to rain or did the OP simply have an awareness of the smell and feel of rain in the area already? We have no knowledge of what the horizon was indicating, no idea of wind directions, moisture in the air, even time of day. Nor do we have an indicator of how observant the OP was as a child. So while it might seen in the OP's youthful mind and recall that a storm was created the odd's are higher that the OP on some level registered the presence of an existing storm moving into the area. If one consider's the difficulty of influencing weather and creating the conditions for a weather event it seems unlikely the OP performed such an action.

But it raises the question though are gifted children more aware of things? Which I truly believe the answer has to be yes. Awareness of various plains and the entities that surround us seems certain, especially if one considers the number of children that have invisible friends or companions. I tend to think many invisible friends falling into the category of crossed over spirits but also the spirits of demi beings or land wight type entities.

Myself I found that I could "Guess" things and be pretty accurate in my guessing. Yet as I grew older and started getting trained I discovered that there were clues I was seeing that enabled me to guess. Blue energy bands that I saw that marked the locations of under ground water yet floating like a ribbon over the ground. When I saw them I knew there was water. Spirits that I saw that that looked like sprites to me that were always accompanied by the smell of water so on some level I knew if they were present then rain was in the area. The more of them there were the heavier and more powerful the storm would be. So it wasn't that I was influencing things I was just more aware of the signs that nature presented.

I discovered similar when I went into the woods or fields. I could find trails or cross into places and always said it was because I was being called and drawn to them. Yet the reality was more correct in that again I saw things and heard things that revealed it to me. I started to see patterns that would appear over and over so I knew they were important, almost an invisible language. Invisible to humanity it seemed for seldom did others around me see them. Some of those patterns I later discovered were sigils and they seemed to vibrate when you came near them. Feel the vibration and you knew the path and how to follow it.

Then at times you draw the shapes and forms and begin to notice that things happened when you did so. You feel the pulse of the land when your fingers are pushed into the dirt and can feel streams of energy you can pull to roots for instance. Increase the size of the sigil and you increase one aspect of it, condense it and you affect / effect another aspect of the vibration. Create patterns by putting different ones together and feeling different vibrations and sensations. Ironically it seemed at times to my young self that I would notice different things. Mess with one sigil and you suddenly notice the ants but also hear something in the grasses and such. Go near water and you not only see the dragon flies and damsel flies but you start to hear the flutter of their wings, almost like a song. Listen to the song and swear you hear them talking about rain, heat, winds, etc.

But again it goes back to awareness of things I think more than the fact that a person has a natural affinity for things and the ability to influence or change it. So you start to sing songs, draw patterns, match movements of things that don't so much call or change a thing but joins in with the nature patterns that are being displayed that say its already started.

Consider being miles inland and knowing a major storm is coming in from the ocean. People ask how do you know but you can't really explain the feeling upon your skin. You can't really explain to them you've noticed birds that only come in when one of those storms is coming in and you've been seeing them for days and there are more and more of them. That the song in the wind is changing and the songs of the creatures and how they are acting is changing as well so you know its closer.

Instead it seems as if we convince ourselves that we're doing magic of some sort and we are natural witches. We ignore synchronicity of things and the signs that are all about us. Ignore out of ignorance or ignore out of simply not noticing the patterns on any level beyond a subliminal one that registers on some aspect of our youthful minds. Draw patterns and think we've created something yet most often the pattern has always been there and again on some level we notice it, perhaps embrace it. See them in our dreams and hear them ring in our ears.

It's like do I see and hear spirits because I was born with a part veil? Lore wise it would suggest that those born with such will see the other plains. The greater the veil the greater your vision is upon those alternate plains of reality and the entities that dwell upon them. So I see some as full people who look as real as you or I. Some I see that are like shimmering lights and shapes and voices that sort of never come loud enough to hear clearly but can't be ignored as they are to loud. Movements about me that I see and feel as if I've walked through some subtle current of air, leaving behind some aromatic scent to confuse and confound.

Did that make me a natural witch? Did it give me powers that made me see things? Not really because while some is natural most of it is simply paying attention to things and being aware.

I'm sure there are multiple areas that you can be naturally talented in. I remembered I wanted to see or talk to spirits pretty badly but never had any luck in that area. My brother though has seen a few spirits as well as auras. I was always a little jealous of that.

Mons I like what you said about taking in signs in nature. I certainly know what you mean when you say you know but you don't know why you know. Lol

I remember hearing stories about fishermen and people who work on the water who were able to do forecasts of the weather. Strictly through feelings signs, omens etc.

Sometimes before a storm comes I can feel a tingling feeling in my kneecaps. Not sure why.

Guest monsnoleedra

I'm sure there are multiple areas that you can be naturally talented in. I remembered I wanted to see or talk to spirits pretty badly but never had any luck in that area. My brother though has seen a few spirits as well as auras. I was always a little jealous of that.

Auric fields are another thing I think people see all the time but we sort of force it our of our eyes. Consider if you stare at your hands then look away upon a wall and you'll see the image and outline of that hand. that's seeing the auric field but allowing the image to be registered and accepted. Look at a person and intentionally cross your eyes and you'll usually see a shimmering white haze around them which is the auric field. By picking a point center mass on the body and focus upon that while allowing the outer field to shimmer and you'll often see not only the white close band but may see the orange, red, green or blue colors that show up in other layers.

So in that regard again it's not having a natural talent for something but being aware and controlling that awareness. In most instances seeing spirits are the same you have to force yourself to be aware and control your focus. Consider when you look at your hand naturally you'll see hard and fast fingers. Yet let your eyes relax and do as they will and you'll see twins or shadow fingers that you can move about, into and out of your hand. Again its not an natural affinity it's simply being aware of things and how they work about you. Especially in the sense that those are all external operations where you bring your environment into you and control how it is observed.

Granted there are some things that are natural affinities and originate from within and projected from within. An affinity for music gives one the ability to create it internally and project it outward. That same affinity also allows you to bring in the natural songs and melodies and merge them with your own and create. Yet it did nothing to allow you to hear those external sources. Energy manipulation to me falls into the same thing. You feel external energy through various test points yet the ability to pull it inward and manipulate or change it lies within not without. That is a natural ability the rest is awareness of ones environment and how you react in that environment.

Guest monsnoleedra

Mons I like what you said about taking in signs in nature. I certainly know what you mean when you say you know but you don't know why you know. Lol

I remember hearing stories about fishermen and people who work on the water who were able to do forecasts of the weather. Strictly through feelings signs, omens etc.

Sometimes before a storm comes I can feel a tingling feeling in my kneecaps. Not sure why.

My back and spine would say it's from changes in atmospheric pressure that always comes in with a storm. The misidentifer in that is those pressure gradients may or may not be part of the total weather pattern. So the pressure tears you up but the actual rain, snow, sleet, etc goes to either side of you and you never actually get that part. Sometimes those pressure fronts pushing through a couple of days before the actual storm arrives, though for me it tends to start about three days before the weather actually moves in full force.

I have been able to see the white bands around people but not really see color. Some times I can sense the colors though. Not sure if that is actually a thing?

I agree with you though. I think in some degree kids are more open intuitively until they start getting told what they are seeing and experiencing isn't real. That it's their imagination. Then I think that's when they start dismissing the subtle things and it all slowly fades away as you become an adult and start focusing on the mundane and spend 60 percent of your time in front of tv, cell phone screens, and computers. Obviously some kids are lucky and keep their awareness and or have supportive parents.

Every Individual Aura is Different, none is the same literally. Auras are like DNA of an Individual, no one possess the same DNA. Its not possible to have exact identical aura for everyone. Even in Bacteria there are slight differences in the molecules and atomic structure, none is the same so are their Aura, and differences are there regardless big or small.

We are all living in the 3rd Dimension Plane; Energies exist in 4th Dimension Plane. Bacteria may be genetically same in term of academic theories, doctrine and Science; however their energy is never the same depending on the environment, the medium they are living on. They are constantly evolving also, there are many Bacteria that are yet to discover in the eyes of Science although all Organism evolved from the same source. In term of Science, Mutation are constantly taking place, a Mutated Bacteria Molecule is very different from its original Molecule structure. Even as in same Bacteria, they can be variation in shapes and sizes. Life is a Mystery, many are left undiscovered, unsolved and they can never be answer or explain by mere words. Just like did the Egg come first or the Chicken? There are no boundaries for acquiring of Wisdom; every single day in life is a learning process, not just subjected to School or Doctrines. I am also learning every other day.

Many children are sensitive to vibrations, presence and some do have spiritual sights just they do not know how to describe what they see, hear or feel. When we are born, all of us are of pure energy of the Original Life Blueprint; as times goes by as we grow, we become tainted and clouded due to other aspects like environment, people etc. Many of us do have the spiritual sight when we were young be it more or less but however Adults will always say its not true, they don't exist on and on again, soon Logical cognition will take over; totally eradicate the existence of these latent abilities. Our cognition suppress and lock it deep within us until we find the key to it, we will not be able to use these latent abilities again. By the time we reached puberty towards the phase of Adulthood, it is almost totally gone.

My back and spine would say it's from changes in atmospheric pressure that always comes in with a storm. The misidentifer in that is those pressure gradients may or may not be part of the total weather pattern. So the pressure tears you up but the actual rain, snow, sleet, etc goes to either side of you and you never actually get that part. Sometimes those pressure fronts pushing through a couple of days before the actual storm arrives, though for me it tends to start about three days before the weather actually moves in full force.

That is the special ability of Arthritis to sense upcoming weather changes. :smile:

My understanding is that the majority of the time you use magic it will drag any potential future event down to align with the time the spell is set. Taking advantage of 'coincidence' also makes the job a lot easier as to manifest from nothing rather than manipulate something is a lot more difficult.

Your actions may have drawn a raincloud which was going to rain in a different area to come to the place you were chanting, or it was destined to do so anyway. It may well have just been coincidence someone else opened the door for you at that moment, or it may also have been that the magic made an event which would have happened later happen at that instance. Only you can tell what sits right with you.

When I was a teenager both of my childhood homes got a pretty severe amount of rot. In each cases it was a different variety of rot which had spread from a neighbours property. I used to spend all day muttering angrily 'may it rot'. I'd repeat my daily mantra for years, and when I had to move to the other house because of the rot in one, I carried on my behaviour in the other. The magic took advantage of already existing conditions and fanned the fire, hence two different varieties of rot rather than one.

Edited: I did a little 'checking' today and I did indeed cause the rot in both cases. I cost my parents thousands upon thousands, including more than one mental breakdown. Looks like I have some making up to do... :pinch:

Edited by Pikkusisko

• 2 weeks later...

When I was 15, I was bullied by a girl at school. After one particularly bad day, I actually made a voodoo doll. I stuck needles, pins, thumbtacks, whatever I could find, into the left leg of the doll. I felt better after that, so kind of tossed it aside and forgot about it. The next day, the bully walked into my class with a brace on the left knee, as she had hurt herself in a basketball game the night before. Kind of spooked me. I have also always had a way of manifesting people in my life, from an early age. I would end up with the teachers I wanted in school, the cute boy in my class, etc.