9 replies to this topic

#1 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

So I have a question...

I did a basic Celtic cross spread for myself yesterday, and got some, um, stuff. Well, I guess what I am saying is pretty much as the title states: I could use another person (or other intelligent minds) to give some input on the reading, hence the thread.

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now. I recently got a big ass promotion, and am currently going through a bit of an upheaval at home and within my own mind, spiritually. I have also (kind of) re-begun things with someone from my past.

That being said, the thing that was on my mind as I was shuffling the cards was this: "What is up with this person? What role do they/will they play in my life?"

So, here are the cards as I laid them:

1) Lovers
2) 6 Cups
3) 6 Pentacles
4) Fool
5) 8 Wands
6) 8 Cups
7) Heirophant
8) Strength
9) Page of Swords
10) Page of Cups

I can see each card for what role it plays in the reading alone, but trying to interpret the reading as a whole is a bit overwhelming. There are more major arcana cards than I am used to, different ones, and it is a lot to take in.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#2 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hi Racheliz,

As a tarot lover, may I ask you to report the kind of deck that you are yousing and the purpose of each of the positions of the spread?
Celtic cross has many variations (for example, in my 'small' celtic cross there are far less cards...).

It's hard to give an opinion otherwise!

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#3 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hi Racheliz,

As a tarot lover, may I ask you to report the kind of deck that you are yousing and the purpose of each of the positions of the spread?
Celtic cross has many variations (for example, in my 'small' celtic cross there are far less cards...).

It's hard to give an opinion otherwise!

Aria

Yes Celtic Cross too many variations but in general her cards are quite positive for her queries.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#4 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:26 PM

It's the Dreamer's tarot, by Barbara Moore. The artwork is layered mixed-media, kinda Gothic and very feminine. It has the classic Rider-Waite-Smith major and minor arcana, I don't do the oracle deck thing with much success.

Here is a list of the positions:

1) Querent
2) The question crossing your path
3) Foundation of the situation
4) Past influences
5) Immediate future
6) Crown: Desired outcome
7) Self-image
8) How others see you, or environmental factors such as outside influences
9) Hopes and fears
10) Probable outcome

Thanks y'all!

Edited by RachelLiz, 06 May 2015 - 07:32 PM.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#5 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

​Ok I'm by nooooo means an expert, but I'm gonna have a go at it. I have three decks and that's one of them RL.

1). You asked about the person and the first card you pulled was lovers. That's probably not a big surprise right? Were you asking about the person with whom you've kind of "rekindled" something? Number one being the "heart" of the matter (no pun intended :tongue: ) you literally pulled the lovers card. This is someone w/whom you have or will have a romantic relationship.

2). They way I've been taught uses numbers a bit and I was taught a way that says the number six is the number of the heart and/or family. You pulled a 6 of Cups as the question crossing your path. Cups represent emotions and the 6 of Cups can represent several things, but the ones that come to mind w/this spread are- feeling contentment, being carefree, feeling nostalgic, feeling childlike, being taken care of, and giving and receiving in a relationship. So this is the question crossing your path. Do you want to be with this person? Do you long to be in a balanced relationship w/this person or w/someone in general? Do you want to feel taken care of in a relationship? Do you long to be carefree in a relationship? What does your heart want?

3). The foundation of the situation and you pulled a six of Pentacles. Again, six representing the number of the heart and/or family and pentacles are literally the foundation card of the Tarot, lol. In Tarot though, the six of Pentacles can be tricky. It could indicate the concept of sharing, charity, generosity, being taken care of and being supported to name a few. However, it can also represent a relationship in which one person dominates the other. Which one do you think it means? Do you think it relates to heart w/regards to sharing, generosity, receiving, being taken care of, supported, etc. or do you think at the foundation it represents a relationship in which one person dominates the other?

4). Past Influences- You pulled the Fool as a past influence. To me this card can go with/support the position of card #2 (six of Cups), being childlike, carefree, etc. The Fool can represent a new beginning, entering a new phase, acting on impulse, living in the moment, feeling carefree, feeling uninhibited, etc. So your past influences indicate a time in your life when you were carefree, uninhibited, living in the moment, being spontaneous, carefree, etc.

5). Immediate Future- You pulled an 8 of Wands. I've been taught that the number 8 represents the symbol of infinity, all things coming back to the source, and completion. Wands represent fire and/or passion. This card can represent swiftness and movement, quick action, a conclusion. I've also heard that this card represents the Pentacles grounding to the Wands' energies. If we combine that with the 6 of Pentacles you pulled for #3, this can possibly reinforce that cards position/meaning/interpretation. It can also mean the end of a journey or something being completed. So maybe in your immediate future you're going to make a quick decision regarding this relationship- the final conclusion.

6). Crown/Desired Outcome- You pulled an 8 of Cups. Again Cups representing emotions and eight representing completion, all things returning back to the source. In Tarot the 8 of Cups can represent moving on, looking for a deeper meaning, letting go, starting on a journey of discovery, and walking away from something to name a few. So I'm thinking that maybe your desired outcome is letting go of a current relationship for a new one, or letting go of an old relationship for a new one, or maybe coming full circle and discovering a deeper meaning/starting on a journey of self discovery and being alone. Not lonely, just not in a relationship. However, only you can answer this question. Which one of those really appeals to you?

7). Self-Image- You pulled the Hierophant. Right off the bat I thought of what you do for a living. Rules, order, structure, conformity, institutions, etc. So this makes sense in that regard pertaining to self image, right? The Hierophant can also represent your belief system, education, identifying w/a group/organization, amongst others. It can represent a desire to increase/expand/explore your beliefs, education, etc. It's also possible that this card can mean that you're struggling w/being free-spirited, an individual, that you're being stifled in some way. If I relate this to the other cards, it's possible that your self-image is preventing you from being carefree, free spirited, etc. Or maybe your self image is rigid and you're having trouble allowing yourself to give in to this person completely.

8). How others see you- or environmental factors such as outside influences- You pulled Strength. Not only is this the eighth position of this spread, but Strength is the eighth card of the Tarot. Remember what I said about the #8? Completion, things returning to the source, the symbol of infinity. Others see you as being a rock, having resolve, stamina, maintaining composure and being able to influence. If I relate this to your original question, perhaps it's relating to how this specific person sees you. Maybe he sees you as patient, compassionate, strong, tolerant, being accepting, etc. Alternatively, perhaps these are environmental factors/outside influences that either help or hinder the original question regarding this person's role in your life.

9). Hopes and Fears- You pulled the Page of Swords. Swords represent thoughts/mind. The Page usually represents someone/something youthful. Using logic and reason, thinking things through, being truthful, facing facts, exposing what's hidden, accepting responsibility, treating others fairly, doing what's right, reexamine your beliefs are all possible aspects of this card. In Tarot this card can represent an adult acting/being young at heart whose interactions w/you involve being truthful, ethical, or discouraged. It can imply a troubled relationship. This would make sense regarding things you might fear about this person. Do you fear you're doing the wrong thing? Is there an aspect to this relationship that's not completely truthful (like are either of you seeing another person as well)? This could be a cause of certain fears w/regards to this person and relationship. Is any part of it unethical? Have you thought things through w/regards to this relationship?

10). Probable outcome- You pulled the Page of Cups. Again Cups representing the emotional and the Page typically representing something younger/youthful. In Tarot this card can be directly related to opportunities regarding love. It can indicate an opportunity that stirs your emotions, bring you happiness, joy- and opportunity for love, starting or renewing a love affair, listening to your intuition trust your gut, letting your heart lead you, allowing yourself to show your feelings/emotions. Being younger and naive (the Page that is), you jump in and allow it to unfold. This would also reinforce other cards in your spread namely the Fool and Six of Cups. You're going to jump into the relationship, possibly somewhat naively if not careful. So what do you think it means

How'd I do, lol?

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#6 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

Ouf, I don't know how much help I can be from afar. Overall the prevalence of pairs is significant, and I suggest you check planetary correspondances for your trumps. When I get stuck for prognostication, I like to address the overall structure of the given fall. Bewitching gives good advice about looking into the nature of a card and what it represents rather than sticking to straight divinatory interpretation. That technique helps me. A painterly technique for checking perspective involves inverting the canvas to check for flaws, thus invoking a different part of the artist's brain. So sometimes I make an un-interpretation: What does this not say? What would it mean if the cards were reversed?
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#7 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

I don't know the deck, but I know a bit of RWS, so I'll give it a try! Sorry for being so late, and thanks for the specifications!

So I have a question...

I did a basic Celtic cross spread for myself yesterday, and got some, um, stuff. Well, I guess what I am saying is pretty much as the title states: I could use another person (or other intelligent minds) to give some input on the reading, hence the thread.

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now. I recently got a big ass promotion, and am currently going through a bit of an upheaval at home and within my own mind, spiritually. I have also (kind of) re-begun things with someone from my past.

That being said, the thing that was on my mind as I was shuffling the cards was this: "What is up with this person? What role do they/will they play in my life?"

So, here are the cards as I laid them:

1) Lovers
2) 6 Cups
3) 6 Pentacles
4) Fool
5) 8 Wands
6) 8 Cups
7) Heirophant
8) Strength
9) Page of Swords
10) Page of Cups

I can see each card for what role it plays in the reading alone, but trying to interpret the reading as a whole is a bit overwhelming. There are more major arcana cards than I am used to, different ones, and it is a lot to take in

1) Querent, The Lovers: This card of course may mean that you have feelings for this person, and may also suggest that you attitude towards him/her is somehow 'dreamy', that you have given thought about a relationship with this person.

2) The question crossing your path, 6 of cups: Six is the first cup of the upper half of this suit, which is normally related to the emotional aspect of the person. This may express that your question is about something that has possibly just started growing between the two of you, although its roots are in the past. Have you been knowing this person for a while, in a friend-like manner, and you are wandering just now if this feelings may get romantic?

3) Foundations, Six of pentacles: the foundations look solid, and somehow based in kindness and possibly sharing. Have you guys been working together? It suggests that there is a relationship that is already established (another six), possibly in the domain of the productive (work? business partner? ex-school mate? ).

4) Past influences, The Fool: Tricky one, at first I thought: this could mean in reality that these influences are not past. The fool here may mean that you remember this person as someone with a child-like personality, or that you do not doubt his/her intention, but that you do question their soundness. It is also suggesting that this way of viewing things is a baggage linked to the past that you're still carrying, and that should be dropped.

5) Immediate future, 8 of wands: I think this suggests a movement forwand and possibly an encounter, and likely a romantic and passionate one.

6) Desired Outcome, 8 of cups: To me, this says that in this moment you are probably looking to soothe recent pain, and that you are somehow disappointed by recent experiences. If we look back at the eight of wands, one can see this encounter with the person is not timely. You are going into it with assumptions about him that are magnified by your recent disappointments.

7) Self Image, Hierophant: I feel like you are imposing yourself discipline. As if you have decided that is a sever path to follow to restore your life to a better place, and that distraction from this may result in poor choices. The Hierophant is the card of doctrine, regulation, discipline, routine. I think this card is telling you that you are not letting yourself go, and you may have your good reasons of it, and be totally aware of it.

8) How others see you, Strength: Quite self-explanatory, really. You appear to outsiders, and importantly, to this person, as someone who is very much in control. This control appears to outsiders as very natural, as if it did not cost you any effort. You do not appear as severe though, it is clear that under control there is passion. This draws people to you, and may see what also moves her or she towards you in the eight of wands. Also notice that in traditional RWS this card is in the eighth position. If we link back to the eight of wands and cups, we can deduce that he/she is attracted to you, but that you may move away from them.

9) Hopes and Future, Page of Swords: You question was: what role will this person play in my life? And here there is a page of sword, a card of vitality and new adventures. I think it is a refreshing card, that may suggest that his person will somehow help you to leave a bit of the past behind you and start on new 'adventures'. I don't see this necessarily as romantic. It is a vigorous card, but it does not put last in the forefront - it is more about connection and communication. If we read it is 'hopes', it may mean that you are hoping to find friendship not love [ I must say that I find it weird that there are both 'Hopes' and 'Future' in this position, and the 'probable outcome in the next. It is confusing.]

10) Probable Outcome, Page of Cups: He/She will probably come forward in a non-straight forward way. Given how focused you are on yourself at the moment, this may be off-putting or not catch your attention completely. But he will come forward, and once you respond to him you may find your page of swords.

I hope this makes sense to you :smile:

Edited by Aria, 16 May 2015 - 07:58 AM.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#8 candleflame

candleflame

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:40 AM

I am not a tarot reader,but used to read em a bit years ago, I am better with playing cards
I think you be flying by plane somewhere to meet a man high up in his field.
You be love making also.
In your past you may have done some foolish things
You may do something silly in the future also may cause an argument
Cheers

#9 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

I usually like to have the cards in front of me when doing a reading. I looked at some of the deck online and it seems it follow RW closely in imagery and meaning...so without the spread in front of me to provide me with a real good feel for the cards in relation to the question, here is my interpretation (best I can do without the cards in front of me). I hope it helps you clarify your own interpretation.

1) The lovers fits you very well here, being that it is also a card of choices. You are wondering what or where you should go with this re-kindled relationship.

2) 6C What crosses you here, is your past remembrance or nostalgia of the past...it forms a big question in your mind and emotions as to this person now.

3) 6P indicates you are wondering if this will be a give and take rekindled relation ship, or will one (you) be doing most of the giving, while the other does most of the taking, as in the past.

4) Fool You entered naively into the relationship in the past...a journey into uncharted waters. Perhaps you fell off the cliff, and this is now an influence to your thinking and emotions about this person/re-kindling of the relationship.

5) 8W Things will be moving very fast in your immediate future, and doing so with a lot of gusto...can you handle it?

6) Your desired outcome,is for you to move on from your past with this person, and start things fresh, without past encumbrances or things turning out as they did in the past with this person.

7) Heirophant You are rather dogmatic and rigid in your view of your self. You have expectations that you adhere to, beliefs that you follow.

8) Strength Others in you immediate life, those close to you, see you as having an inner strength, having patience, and leading in a sure but not overly forceful way. Or this may be what is required from you in this relationship * there were two meanings for this card position according to your post.

9) PS You are hoping the person is not just trifling with you for their own wonder...ie I wonder where this will go it I.... The person has a youthful attitude, but perhaps not a mature one...this is what you fear.

10) PC Probable outcome, P of C...you may be wearing your heart on your sleeve, full of romantic feelings and wanting for this person to be a certain way according to you liking, but this may be wishful hoping. Use experience to guide you so you don’t get hurt again, as a neub might like the P of C. It all comes back to the first card...choice.

#10 Leighqt

Leighqt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

I know it's a old thread but am using this for practice, still getting to grips with Tarot, I have not looked at others replies until I post

I feel card one shows us your new relationship
Card two shows us involvement came from a place of nostalgia or security from memories
Three shows us that there are some financial difficulties and possible in receipt of some financial support
Four shows maybe you weren't quite sure what you were getting into and maybe just went along with things at the time
Five but things are moving too fast and what is needed is focus
Six some soul searching is required
Seven , be true to yourself, sometimes we have to face what we know deep down
Eight know that you have got this, you can do this
9 I believe that the page of swords is a reflection of a part of yourself in that you are ambitious in your wants
10 everything is a muddle at the moment but after reflection soul searching and ultimately action on your part all will turn out ok

I base my views on there being more of the Cups than of the wands in the spread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tarot, divination, cetlic cross spread