• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Oh my gosh that's gorgeous!!! I love it!!! I wish I possessed that type of artistic ability bc I'd so make my own!

____
Thank you bewitchingredhead...much appreciated. I'm not really an artist as in painting, drawing, but I know how do some graphic art, and change and manipulate graphics. This project has been a lengthy one, and still is not fully finished yet...laminate, very careful cutting, and rounding the corners yet on about 40 cards.

Spirit Board will be about another two weeks...has been raining here, and I need to do some of the work outside.

#22 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

____
Thank you bewitchingredhead...much appreciated. I'm not really an artist as in painting, drawing, but I know how do some graphic art, and change and manipulate graphics. This project has been a lengthy one, and still is not fully finished yet...laminate, very careful cutting, and rounding the corners yet on about 40 cards.

Spirit Board will be about another two weeks...has been raining here, and I need to do some of the work outside.

That still requires talent!! I have a good buddy who's an amazing artist. Crazy, wicked talented, IMO- and even though he paints, sketches, etc. w/a very diverse group of mediums, he's also an amazing graphic artist bc it's much easier to make a decent living with- although if he'd ever actually SELL his artwork he'd probably make a ton, lol. He has a hard time parting w/his work (despite having SO much of it) unless it's graphic art.

If you can make your own Ouija board and set of Tarot cards, I don't care if it's computer enhanced artwork or not, that's still talent! Actually I quite prefer the more modern, graphic art type of Tarot cards over the original. Granted I learned on the "original" (RWS deck), but it's not my favorite deck. I have a bad feeling I'll be a Tarot collector, lol! I connect to the images of the computer enhanced ones comparatively. I can't wait to see your finished product.

Dare I say it takes a lot of fucking patience to construct a personal deck as well?!

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#23 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

Some time ago I decided to make a spirit board. I bought a wooden cutting board and painted on it. Then at one point when I decided to stop trying to be a witch I tossed it. My mom went through the garbage, stripped all the paint, and now we use it as a cutting board. I should take it back and give it another go...

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#24 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:21 PM

Some time ago I decided to make a spirit board. I bought a wooden cutting board and painted on it. Then at one point when I decided to stop trying to be a witch I tossed it. My mom went through the garbage, stripped all the paint, and now we use it as a cutting board. I should take it back and give it another go...

So was it ever used? Because I'd be very curious to know if weird things happened to your mother using it after you tossed it!

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#25 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

NO way in hell would I take a cutting board that is sure to have had blood leeched into the wood and try to make it a spirit board. That falls right into that offering of blood as an enticement for something to come through the board. That not even considering what type of blood it is ie fowl, red meat, white meat, fish, etc and all the lovely little things that are called / summoned with various types of blood. Just imagine I'm willing to bet even a small sampling of human blood, potentially your very mother's blood at that. Makes a real nice venue to use in possession or riding situations Wex.

#26 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

If anything, just buy another cutting board and start over. All that blood could be bad news bears, like Mons suggests.
My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#27 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

See, I'm so glad I started this thread, lol! The things I've learned!

#28 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

Do you believe they work first and foremost?
I think that they work... perhaps better than other fascimilies because ouija is established and old and "whomever" may be lurking... wanting to come through (and that's not always who you call unfortunately), can recognise the channel for what it is.

I've heard the "horror" stories (so to speak) about them. Do you think the Ouija board is a potentially harmful/negative way to do divination?
Fine but tricky because of the afore mentioned risk;from where does the info come?

Do you believe the spirits who communicate through them are legit (like typical ghosts I suppose is what I mean in this situation) or do you believe they're more "mischievous" and/or even malevolent entities who trick you?
Anything can be there and they can stay... and masquerade... so "focused, power and specific protection "is required.. IMO of course
Do you think special precautions are necessary when interacting with/using one? I've read the owner of this website's info regarding the use of them and was wondering if that's the general consensus on the matter (like don't use them by yourself, make sure you say goodbye to the spirit and that it says goodbye to you, candles, incense, etc)?
All good advice

If using one for divination purposes how reliable to the think the info is?
The info is not coming from you it's coming from a specific entity could have (their, its) own agenda.

​Does anyone have any personal experiences/stories they are willing to share either here or via pm?

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#29 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

posted 2x

Many thanks for your input/advice! And don't worry, it happens to me all the time (double posting by accident), lol.

#30 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

NO way in hell would I take a cutting board that is sure to have had blood leeched into the wood and try to make it a spirit board. That falls right into that offering of blood as an enticement for something to come through the board. That not even considering what type of blood it is ie fowl, red meat, white meat, fish, etc and all the lovely little things that are called / summoned with various types of blood. Just imagine I'm willing to bet even a small sampling of human blood, potentially your very mother's blood at that. Makes a real nice venue to use in possession or riding situations Wex.

...Good point, M. Thank you for saving me what was sure to be some trouble.

So was it ever used? Because I'd be very curious to know if weird things happened to your mother using it after you tossed it!

I think I used it once but nothing came of it.

[avatar source]

#31 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Wex, hopefully this is not going into taboo territory but did you happen to use the blood board before the bobcat skull issue came about?

On another front while I myself would not use one I do know that blood boards can be used in the capacity to work with some demonic type entities as a summoning board type thing. Not my forte so don't have a lot of knowledge on that aspect so can't even say how the board is inscribed or decorated.

#32 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Wex, hopefully this is not going into taboo territory but did you happen to use the blood board before the bobcat skull issue came about?

On another front while I myself would not use one I do know that blood boards can be used in the capacity to work with some demonic type entities as a summoning board type thing. Not my forte so don't have a lot of knowledge on that aspect so can't even say how the board is inscribed or decorated.

I prefer not to speak too much on it publicly but I do not remember any sort of blood used on this board, and I created and discarded it well before that event.

[avatar source]

#33 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I prefer not to speak too much on it publicly but I do not remember any sort of blood used on this board, and I created and discarded it well before that event.

Not a problem that's why I asked about it being taboo. Included the one aspect to let you know what I was looking at it against.

#34 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

I think that the danger of using mass-made spirit boards is that you will contact bored, earthzone, and often, trickster spirits.

If you are a witch, make your own, ward it, and call on spirits known to you, instead of using the ouija.

I second this. They absolutely work, but in my experience not in the way you would expect or want.

My experience with them was as a 14 year old, a friend of mine had recently passed (suicide), so I did what any baby witchling would do and went and got a ouija board. I wanted answers about why she did it, and to help her find some kind of peace after a death like that. That is NOT what happened, in fact, at first it seemed like nothing at all happened. We tried (a friend of mine and myself) on a few different occations. My deceased friend never came through, but something else did. "NO NO NO" and the planchete flying off the board was enough to scare the crap out of the unprepared 14 year old me (even though at the time we just both laughed it off and blamed each other, like it didnt really happen), but even scarier was waking up in the night to a black misty mass above my bed. I covered myself thinking I was hallucinating, but somehow I could see it through the blanket, it was just that black, like it bled through. A few nights later, I woke up to my room on fire because my lamp MELTED into the floor and my room was full of black smoke. I barely woke up and was sooooo groggy I couldnt think, and when i did i thought I was dreaming and went to get a drink because my throat hurt from breathing. When I went back, fire. My room caught fire a second time after that. I dont even know. It was not a good time. There were short chubby shadows that crept along the walls at night, shaped sort of like russian nesting dolls or peanuts or something, only bigger. THey didnt seem menacing but it still scared the shit out of me because I knew they werent supposed to be there, and the animals in the house were aware that "something" was askew. They would suddenly bolt from the hall by my room into the kitchen, where they could peek out from around the corner of the cupboards, hackles up. Eventually it stopped, but it took a long ordeal that effected me for years (The fires were blamed on me even though I was asleep the first time and not home the second time, and everyone thought I was mentally ill).

I dont think that is necessarily a typical experience, Im just saying you cant always predict what you will end up talking to or dealing with. I had a hard time gettting rid of that board, which is its own story. So yeah, I would reccomend making your own and having all the precautions in place, set boundaries and limits and be ready for freaking anything. I had no idea what I was doing and paid for it. I have had absolutely no desire to use one again, or even to make my own since then and I still get goosebumps about it and the surrounding events. The reality of it was super unexpected, and the impact whatever it was, was able to have was not lost on me. Whopped me right upside the head and sent ripples through my life. I'll never be able to forget it. And Ill never be sure what/ who it was since I was 14 and so so unprepared and uneducated. I knew nothing and would just freeze in fear and denial, trying to ignore it away which I am pretty sure just fed the damn thing. All I can do is speculate on the time and circumstances, but have never come upon a satisfactory answer. Anyway, my tale of caution for anyone and everyone.

#35 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

That still requires talent!! I have a good buddy who's an amazing artist. Crazy, wicked talented, IMO- and even though he paints, sketches, etc. w/a very diverse group of mediums, he's also an amazing graphic artist bc it's much easier to make a decent living with- although if he'd ever actually SELL his artwork he'd probably make a ton, lol. He has a hard time parting w/his work (despite having SO much of it) unless it's graphic art.

If you can make your own Ouija board and set of Tarot cards, I don't care if it's computer enhanced artwork or not, that's still talent! Actually I quite prefer the more modern, graphic art type of Tarot cards over the original. Granted I learned on the "original" (RWS deck), but it's not my favorite deck. I have a bad feeling I'll be a Tarot collector, lol! I connect to the images of the computer enhanced ones comparatively. I can't wait to see your finished product.

Dare I say it takes a lot of fucking patience to construct a personal deck as well?!

_________
Thanks bewitchingredhead! It has been quite the learning curve on both the Tarot Cards and the Spirit Board. About six months ago, I learned how to repair old photos and to do age regression on one of the photos to see what the person looked like at a younger age, but these two projects, I found the hardest, especially the SB...working with wood and measurements to get the image on correctly...I’m pleased with how it turned out.

I still have a few minor things to do with my Spirit Board, but thought I would post it today anyway. The Board measures 19 x 14 & 1/4 inches, and is near 3/4’s of an inch thick, and is made of solid Maple. I haven’t made the planchette yet, so what you see on the board is just a photocopy of the one I am in the process of making, but I wanted to include what it will look like...not sure if I will go with the runes on it, or a triquetra. The board (and planchette will be) is protected by special resins, runes, and is spelled. The wood I chose, along with the imagery, is I think, appropriate for a Spirit Board, ie. Maple is associated with the element of water and spirits, and is a wood that traditionally enhances communication. The Owl is able to see what is unseen and protects against deception. The Owl also represents wisdom, and is associated with departed souls, skeleton keys are able to open and to close things up, as well as having other meanings....

I’ve worked an Ouija Board in the past, and had good results with it, but I think that a board one made themself is better than a store bought one, especially the way they are made today.

#36 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:48 AM

_________
Thanks bewitchingredhead! It has been quite the learning curve on both the Tarot Cards and the Spirit Board. About six months ago, I learned how to repair old photos and to do age regression on one of the photos to see what the person looked like at a younger age, but these two projects, I found the hardest, especially the SB...working with wood and measurements to get the image on correctly...I’m pleased with how it turned out.

I still have a few minor things to do with my Spirit Board, but thought I would post it today anyway. The Board measures 19 x 14 & 1/4 inches, and is near 3/4’s of an inch thick, and is made of solid Maple. I haven’t made the planchette yet, so what you see on the board is just a photocopy of the one I am in the process of making, but I wanted to include what it will look like...not sure if I will go with the runes on it, or a triquetra. The board (and planchette will be) is protected by special resins, runes, and is spelled. The wood I chose, along with the imagery, is I think, appropriate for a Spirit Board, ie. Maple is associated with the element of water and spirits, and is a wood that traditionally enhances communication. The Owl is able to see what is unseen and protects against deception. The Owl also represents wisdom, and is associated with departed souls, skeleton keys are able to open and to close things up, as well as having other meanings....

I’ve worked an Ouija Board in the past, and had good results with it, but I think that a board one made themself is better than a store bought one, especially the way they are made today.

Attached File  MY Spirit Board s1.jpg   100.76KB   3 downloads

Edited by Autumn Moon, 15 May 2015 - 01:49 AM.

#37 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

_________

Posted ImageMY Spirit Board s1.jpg

Ohhhhh I really like that!! I love birds, especially Owls, African Greys, and Ravens.
The symbolism and/or use of symbols on that SB are lovely. I have a handmade skeleton key necklace that was made by a local witch that's meant to help/aid in divination and I have an owl charm on my charm bracelet as well as small hand carved owl figurine made of stone that's on one of my altars. My husband can help me make a functional SB that will at least be aesthetically pleasing, lol- but I'm not quite sure as pretty as that one.

#38 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Dang, double post I did. First try..it said it did not post, so I make a second try, and I get a double post. Sorry about that.

Good your Husband can help you. They are hard to make...at least for me.

#39 Zombee

Zombee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

My experiences with the Ouija board have been positive, and started me into mediumship when i was 17. We had an informal parapsychology group made up of 10 college girls from the dorm. We were so fresh we screamed if the phone rang. All laughter and fun, but serious too. Our only precaution was to open each sitting with a statement that only helpful spirits were welcome.

It was my board, but honestly it just didn't work if I was on it. When any 2 others would place their fingers on the planchette, hello-and-away-we-go. With me, phffft!

My grandpa came through and commented on his death...fell off a roof...to identify himself. Nobody but I knew that, and I was not on the board. One of the gals at the board fell into spontaneous trance, channeling grandpa, to explain how the accident occurred. The girl.'s face took on an overlay of his expressions and features that we all saw visibly. When he was satisfied with the information imparted, he just left. This event opened a whole new path to our group...trance speaking. We seldom used the board afterwards.

Edited by Zombee, 19 June 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#40 andreeje

andreeje

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

A spirit board or talking board is really only a divination tool as any tool used for communicating with Spirits; it all lies in the application and questions asked. If you want to use it for answers for divination purposes then it can be used that way; but also for general Spirit communication as well. But if it's the dead you want to talk to, my suggestion would be to go through a psychopomp to find the right spirit of the dead who can best answer your questions. Or you could use it to speak to the types of Spirits too. To make sure you are really talking to the God or Goddess or elemental, etc, I would do so from within at least a minor ritual format. Though I primarily work from a ritual format within witchcraft, so I may just be biased. But with Spirit work, I find that the results are best, at least for me, within ritual; unless it's just regular devotional work.

Edited by andreeje, 24 June 2016 - 06:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ouija, ouija board, spirit board, divination, spirits, entities, talking boards