• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

Ok y'all- So I did use the search button and look around a bit regarding this subject, but it looks like the last thread actually dedicated to it was from 2008 and the last responses are from 2012. Since there are many new members here and most of them never posted in that thread, I'd like to get some thoughts from the frequent posters and/or ones who can still reply to me, lol.

Especially bc I know there are several people on here who know quite a bit about the spirit world- I'd really like to hear your thoughts regarding them.

Do you believe they work first and foremost?

I've heard the "horror" stories (so to speak) about them. Do you think the Ouija board is a potentially harmful/negative way to do divination?

Do you believe the spirits who communicate through them are legit (like typical ghosts I suppose is what I mean in this situation) or do you believe they're more "mischievous" and/or even malevolent entities who trick you?

Do you think special precautions are necessary when interacting with/using one? I've read the owner of this website's info regarding the use of them and was wondering if that's the general consensus on the matter (like don't use them by yourself, make sure you say goodbye to the spirit and that it says goodbye to you, candles, incense, etc)?

If using one for divination purposes how reliable to the think the info is?

​Does anyone have any personal experiences/stories they are willing to share either here or via pm?

Much appreciated you guys!

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#2 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Ouija board is a tool. In my tradition, people would ask for advice from spirits with a sieve stuck on top of a pair of scissors... this to say that you can communicate with spirits, or divinate, with pretty much everything, IMHO. I have used Ouija boards, the traditional way - three legs table, group of people. I find that it definitely works better when more than one person are present.

However, I would advise against using Ouija boards for divination, as it is in the collective mind a tool linked to spirit communication - and as such can be an invitation to entities hanging around.
Re precautions... putting a helmet on is always better than few nights in the hospital with a broken skull.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#3 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

Pertaining to The Ouija Board, yes they do work however personally I do not encourage the use of it. Without denial there are many unseen dangers and complications that may arise in course of using an Ouija Board. It is a common knowledge that an Ouija Board is a communication psychic tool, medium or platform for bridging this Earthly Realm with the Spiritual Realms. Different level entities can be called upon not only discarnate and wandering spirits. Again that will be dependable on what kind of entity that responded to your call. Usually they are low level entities like discarnate and wandering spirits, such entities have limited power, they are unable to make much accurate predictions, they can only tell you what happen before but not what will happen in the future. Such practices & uses of Ouija Board should be done with care. Unless you are experienced in dealing with Spiritual beings, I would strongly discourage anyone from using them. There is not a need to. Personally I do not think an Ouija Board is good as a divination tool unless you keep and work with a specific spirit that aid you in your workings.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#4 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

Absolutely
I've heard the "horror" stories (so to speak) about them. Do you think the Ouija board is a potentially harmful/negative way to do divination?
Absolutely. I've lived one. Young and dumb and playing with things I didn't understand. I've heard worse first hand accounts from very reliable sources including a Catholic priest that went along on an exorcism because of one. (At the time, all the student priests (forget wht they're called) had to go through at least 1 before they could be ordained. He ended up on a real one.)
Do you believe the spirits who communicate through them are legit (like typical ghosts I suppose is what I mean in this situation) or do you believe they're more "mischievous" and/or even malevolent entities who trick you?
I believe it's a legitimate spirit but a good rule of thumb is assume it's mischievous, at the very least. A Board will pick up whatever's wandering around within it's sphere of influence. it's kinda fucked up how many lying and angry spirits they pick up. Perhaps, it's just the frequency that it puts out at.
Do you think special precautions are necessary when interacting with/using one? I've read the owner of this website's info regarding the use of them and was wondering if that's the general consensus on the matter (like don't use them by yourself, make sure you say goodbye to the spirit and that it says goodbye to you, candles, incense, etc)?
Absolutely. You're opening a portal. It needs to be closed.
That all depends on who or what answers your call. That goes both ways.
​Does anyone have any personal experiences/stories they are willing to share either here or via pm?
I've shared some in other Oija board threads. I just don't have the time today.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#5 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

Absolutely
Absolutely. I've lived one. Young and dumb and playing with things I didn't understand. I've heard worse first hand accounts from very reliable sources including a Catholic priest that went along on an exorcism because of one. (At the time, all the student priests (forget wht they're called) had to go through at least 1 before they could be ordained. He ended up on a real one.)
I believe it's a legitimate spirit but a good rule of thumb is assume it's mischievous, at the very least. A Board will pick up whatever's wandering around within it's sphere of influence. it's kinda fucked up how many lying and angry spirits they pick up. Perhaps, it's just the frequency that it puts out at.
Absolutely. You're opening a portal. It needs to be closed.
That all depends on who or what answers your call. That goes both ways.
I've shared some in other Oija board threads. I just don't have the time today.

Indeed, you have completed the questionaire perfectly. Thanks for sharing. :biggrin:

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#6 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

Yes I do. Not only Ouija boards but all the various styles of talking boards.

I think it's a negative in that there are to many possibilities as to who or what will answer your call. Just because someone picks up the phone line doesn't mean they know what they are saying nor are they telling the truth. Well not truth as we might define it as other worldly entities often have a different value set and concept of reality. Not even assuming the entity that answered was once human.

If you consider white noise and the number of threats the living get it has to be assumed that there are some mischievous and malevolent entities who will answer your call. However, I never assume that only human spirits will answer nor that what I define as malevolent or mischievous is the same to them. Sort of like dealing with various fae or landwight entities. About the only time I truly get that nervous is when I connect to a restless dead entity. To me if something is going to hurt you that group will be the most likely culprits.

It's sort of campy but I often equate it to the movie He knows Your Alone and take appropriate actions. As to specifics I sort of go with how I connected. If I used it as a summons or invoking device then I do not tend to use the formalities of welcome and goodbye. If more general use or just checking to see who or what might answer then I am more polite and use the thank you, good bye type stuff. I will not use one by myself though admit having other's who know little to nothing can be as bad as using it alone.

I haven't used one for many years now so actual protections for me are rusty. Just recall a ring of salt that was outside the board and another upon the floor beneath the table. Never used candles as I believed a spirit could jump to the flame as it was alive in the sense it consumed, produced and breathed just like a human.

Truthfully depends upon the subject and questions being asked. Personally though I do not believe the spirits of the dead have knowledge of the future nor able to connect to it. Other worldly spirits do not tend to see time in the manner of human's so it could be true in their life span but never be realized in mine. So I suppose in the end the truth is in the question.

I do think though that a talking board can be a useful tool when dealing with a haunted situation and you need a quick way to speak to the haunting spirit. Most of the time the spirit is already seeking a way to speak.

Imagine a group of 10 - 12 year old's playing with a Ouija board and doing a seance at the same time. Now did one create the conditions and events or did it involves both? To this day I really can not say. Yet that day we managed to piss something off and it picked up the steamer trunk we were using as a table and launched it across the room. We went fleeing from the basement and didn't go back in until their parents got home. We surely didn't say thanks or release the spirit. Though I suppose you might equate it to something that happened later when we caught a black and green snake and placed them in an old fish tank in that same basement. Found them in the winter on a frozen pound They warmed up and later that night their mother awoke with that black snake curled up on her belly. We got our butts royally whipped because of that. Never did find the green snake.

#7 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

Thanks you guys! This is exactly the type of info I'm wanting.
I've always questioned it as a divination tool bc I assumed it picked up non-human spirits/entities as well and I do assume that many of them can be mischievous.

I'm very interested in using one to see who's all in my house (spirit wise). I'm also curious to see if any of my relatives come through, but I'm leery bc I've heard so many stories that it's usually not and that it's just a mischievous spirit. How much personal information can they possibly know about a relative though? Everything? What if I get specific answers that only that relative would know (and obviously a living family member to confirm)?

Since most of y'all know my psychic gifts don't lie within the spiritual realm, I really want to use it as a way to try to connect w/the spirit world. I'm also thinking of recording a session and seeing if I get any EVP's.....

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#8 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

I think that the danger of using mass-made spirit boards is that you will contact bored, earthzone, and often, trickster spirits.

If you are a witch, make your own, ward it, and call on spirits known to you, instead of using the ouija.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#9 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

I think that the danger of using mass-made spirit boards is that you will contact bored, earthzone, and often, trickster spirits.

If you are a witch, make your own, ward it, and call on spirits known to you, instead of using the ouija.

That's a good idea! Thanks Aurelian! Spirits known to me, like my late relatives?

#10 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

Yes, although you may have to work with them on how far ahead they can see things...in this, practice makes perfect. Not all the dead are equally talented at what is useful in the form of divination.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#11 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

That's a good idea! Thanks Aurelian! Spirits known to me, like my late relatives?

___
Heh, funny you should mention that, as I am close to finishing the making of my Spirit Board.

I haven't read through all the above posts yet. My take on SB/OB is that like anything else, it has to be used properly. From a medium's web site, she stated that the OB/SB had gotten a bad rep since the Exorcist movie. She goes on to say that it is fine for communicating with the deceased, as long as protocols are followed as in any other form of communicating with Spirits. She said the OB was very popular prior to the movie, and there were not all these horror stories around about it's use. After the movie came out, sales of OB dropped so much, that for many years no one carried them. Still, it is hard to find the original size and quality of the Board, and that is why I decided to make my own, but with real hardwood, and graphics according to my liking and purpose.

I think Spirits come to our request, board or no board, Tarot or no Tarot, etc. A while ago, I received some photos of family members from the late 1800's and early 1900's. Photos of family members, many of whom I did not meet in life, even when they were old. One night at about 3 am, I'm digitally repairing a photo of my three great aunts, taken when they were children. The photo was in pretty bad condition. When it was given to me, I was told that the one girl in the photo (age 7 or 8) died shortly after the photo was taken, and that her first name was not known, or rather no one spoke of her name, and that all who knew it, were now gone. She would have passed in late 1899 or early 1900. As I was repairing the photo, I looked at this little girl and just started softly speaking to her. I said that this was your last photo of you before you passed, and you had such a pretty dress and shoes on, and you deserve to have the beauty of your clothing and your face, arms and legs restored to how the photo looked when it was taken. I then said, that I would really like to know your name. After a short time of continuing to restore the photo, I heard a soft but muffled and very feminine voice come from the area of the door of the room. It sounded like my wife's voice, but when I turned around, no one was there. When I went to bed, and was almost asleep, I heard the same voice say very close to me "hello", and then as I was drifting off to sleep, the name Elizabeth popped into my mind, like a name in print. I have heard that a Spirit whom you have never heard while they were living, will be heard in a voice that is familiar to you.
So, I think that as long as you set certain parameters, the Spirit Board is as safe as direct medium-ship contact, or Tarot contact, or any other form used.

I should mention that I had done a Spell about two months prior, to bring my family photos to me, if they existed (I had very little knowledge of this side (my mother) of the family), and did not know if photos existed or not.

#12 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:53 AM

___
Heh, funny you should mention that, as I am close to finishing the making of my Spirit Board.

I haven't read through all the above posts yet. My take on SB/OB is that like anything else, it has to be used properly. From a medium's web site, she stated that the OB/SB had gotten a bad rep since the Exorcist movie. She goes on to say that it is fine for communicating with the deceased, as long as protocols are followed as in any other form of communicating with Spirits. She said the OB was very popular prior to the movie, and there were not all these horror stories around about it's use. After the movie came out, sales of OB dropped so much, that for many years no one carried them. Still, it is hard to find the original size and quality of the Board, and that is why I decided to make my own, but with real hardwood, and graphics according to my liking and purpose.

I think Spirits come to our request, board or no board, Tarot or no Tarot, etc. A while ago, I received some photos of family members from the late 1800's and early 1900's. Photos of family members, many of whom I did not meet in life, even when they were old. One night at about 3 am, I'm digitally repairing a photo of my three great aunts, taken when they were children. The photo was in pretty bad condition. When it was given to me, I was told that the one girl in the photo (age 7 or 8) died shortly after the photo was taken, and that her first name was not known, or rather no one spoke of her name, and that all who knew it, were now gone. She would have passed in late 1899 or early 1900. As I was repairing the photo, I looked at this little girl and just started softly speaking to her. I said that this was your last photo of you before you passed, and you had such a pretty dress and shoes on, and you deserve to have the beauty of your clothing and your face, arms and legs restored to how the photo looked when it was taken. I then said, that I would really like to know your name. After a short time of continuing to restore the photo, I heard a soft but muffled and very feminine voice come from the area of the door of the room. It sounded like my wife's voice, but when I turned around, no one was there. When I went to bed, and was almost asleep, I heard the same voice say very close to me "hello", and then as I was drifting off to sleep, the name Elizabeth popped into my mind, like a name in print. I have heard that a Spirit whom you have never heard while they were living, will be heard in a voice that is familiar to you.
So, I think that as long as you set certain parameters, the Spirit Board is as safe as direct medium-ship contact, or Tarot contact, or any other form used.

I should mention that I had done a Spell about two months prior, to bring my family photos to me, if they existed (I had very little knowledge of this side (my mother) of the family), and did not know if photos existed or not.

First thank you too for your reply. See I'm not really scared of them and think they get a bad rap too, BUT I'm not super adept in dealings w/spirits, hence my inquiry.

And second, are you gonna share pics when you're done w/it?!! :crossfingers:

#13 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:58 AM

First thank you too for your reply. See I'm not really scared of them and think they get a bad rap too, BUT I'm not super adept in dealings w/spirits, hence my inquiry.

And second, are you gonna share pics when you're done w/it?!! :crossfingers:

_________
Sure, be glad too. It should be in about a week depending on weather, and how the laminating of my modified version of the DruidCraft Tarot goes.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 07 May 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#14 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

_________
Sure, be glad too. It should be in about a week depending on weather, and how the laminating of my modified version of the DruidCraft Tarot goes.

Dude that'd be awesome! Wait, you're making on Tarot cards too?

#15 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Dude that'd be awesome! Wait, you're making on Tarot cards too?

____
I like the DCT, but some of the art, I was not satisfied with, some other things too, such as over sized hands compared to the body, and other things. A lot of people complained about the size (3.5 x 5.5 inches) of the cards for shuffling and handling. I had no problem with the size because my hands are not small, but when doing a 10-12 card layout, you sure need a big area, and then I had trouble getting the feeling for the entire layout, because some cards were too far away, so I made them smaller - 3 x 5 inches, and graphically/digitally modify the art work of the deck to suit me. It was quite the undertaking, and I spent many, many hours doing it. It is almost done now...just laminating and cutting left...Yay. The result is I have a deck I am totally satisfied with for my own use.

Here is one card I modified, followed by the original.

Attached Files

Edited by Autumn Moon, 07 May 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#16 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

An incredibly Talented friend of mine uses this analogy for using a board. Think of it like a phone. When the majority of people use a board - they create the portal with and through the board. It's a big doorway. There's this whole huge invisible world behind the phone but when you push End or move the planchette to Goodbye - it hangs up and closes the connection.

#17 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

An incredibly Talented friend of mine uses this analogy for using a board. Think of it like a phone. When the majority of people use a board - they create the portal with and through the board. It's a big doorway. There's this whole huge invisible world behind the phone but when you push End or move the planchette to Goodbye - it hangs up and closes the connection.

Unless it's like the old party lines where one could hang up but someone on the line could keep it open.

#18 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

____
I don't think that is a correct analogy. Spirits are around us all and communication takes place in situ - up close and personal. I think that moving the planchette to goodbye can signal an end to the contact, but other things need to be in place as well.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 07 May 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#19 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

I think so, too.

And then when you add in the party line thought it all kinda goes to hell, huh?

#20 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:54 AM

____
I like the DCT, but some of the art, I was not satisfied with, some other things too, such as over sized hands compared to the body, and other things. A lot of people complained about the size (3.5 x 5.5 inches) of the cards for shuffling and handling. I had no problem with the size because my hands are not small, but when doing a 10-12 card layout, you sure need a big area, and then I had trouble getting the feeling for the entire layout, because some cards were too far away, so I made them smaller - 3 x 5 inches, and graphically/digitally modify the art work of the deck to suit me. It was quite the undertaking, and I spent many, many hours doing it. It is almost done now...just laminating and cutting left...Yay. The result is I have a deck I am totally satisfied with for my own use.

Here is one card I modified, followed by the original.

Oh my gosh that's gorgeous!!! I love it!!! I wish I possessed that type of artistic ability bc I'd so make my own!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ouija, ouija board, spirit board, divination, spirits, entities, talking boards