24 replies to this topic

#21 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

Oh, knock it off. You're being grouchy. :biggrin:

It's a lovely deck. It's a wonderful addition to your collection.

Yes lovely work of art, I like the energy too. :biggrin:

Edited by OCEANOS, 06 May 2015 - 03:56 PM.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#22 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sad really 14 new cards to convey things that are already covered and conveyed with the traditional greater arcana if you know how to read them. But have to admit it lost all credibility when it used "Karma" as one of the purposes for consciousness. A word and concept that comes from eastern mysticism and would not have been around and especially not using that word to tie it back to the old pallor game from which tarot is believed to have originated.

Thanks for the links bewitchingredhead. Myself I got tired of trying to figure out what the actual deck name was.

You're welcome- I know Spanish (my hubby is also Hispanic) and the first thing I thought of when he said it was from Spain is to search for it how it would be spelled in Spanish, not English. Plus I did an image search, so between those two things I pulled up a ton of stuff.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#23 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

I really dig the art.

My readings would probably gargle balls with it though, considering that I have little luck with other decks besides my own. My mom gave me a Daughters of the Moon deck when I was a kid with lovely art that I just could not connect with, maybe because it was so pretty. I think I would have a similar issue with this one, almost as if I were handling a first edition of Gone With the Wind. It would seem like using the good China to eat Kraft mac-n-cheese.

Thanks for the translated pages BWR, the only thing that sucks more than my Spanish is my work schedule (7pm until 7am. Boo.).

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#24 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

I really dig the art.

My readings would probably gargle balls with it though, considering that I have little luck with other decks besides my own. My mom gave me a Daughters of the Moon deck when I was a kid with lovely art that I just could not connect with, maybe because it was so pretty. I think I would have a similar issue with this one, almost as if I were handling a first edition of Gone With the Wind. It would seem like using the good China to eat Kraft mac-n-cheese.

Thanks for the translated pages BWR, the only thing that sucks more than my Spanish is my work schedule (7pm until 7am. Boo.).

YW :) And you totally sound like me, LOL! There are so many things I won't use bc I'm "saving it for a special occasion" or like I won't want to cut into a specially made cake bc it's too pretty, etc. :lol: My hubby's helped out a lot w/that over the years, but I still have a variety of things I feel that way about.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#25 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

I recall that the trumps were originally not standardised by number or amount. Standardisation came later, after the game fell out of currency-- I myself have never played tarocci-- and evolved into the sphere of esoterica. What a lovely set of drawings. Do you suppose you will tint them?
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tarot, Divination