• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

[...] I wrote this piece much earlier time of my life. I do not feel the same way now that's why i am sharing it ASIS.

I have a question: If you no longer feel the same way and if you've read the rules and are familiar with our forum, its members, and the way things work around here, why did you post this in the first place?

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#22 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:58 PM

I have a question: If you no longer feel the same way and if you've read the rules and are familiar with our forum, its members, and the way things work around here, why did you post this in the first place?

I have read some of the rules but i am not familliar with this forum or the culture, I post this because i found it in some of my old document files i saved on a drive and I feel it is a conversational piece however i did not amend any of it's content so i am sharing it AS-IS condition.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#23 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

What i meant is a simple sharing of an old writing and rants, others seem to take it the wrong way and makes it complicated. Political Unrest, Terrorist Attack, Social Issues happening globally are all human caused situation, religious intolerance, cultural intolerance and so on.How can there be any peace? If everyone can perceive with simple mind perhaps there can be True Peace on Earth.

It's easy to feel like you're being attacked on all sides, when there are so many people who disagree with you. I hope you don't feel that way right now.

But..... I just want to say my bit.....

True peace on earth comes after the wiping out of the entire virus that is the Human race. If you want true peace on earth, you'll have to stomach the most disastrous suffering anything has ever seen, which is the mass destruction of a species that has over-populated the earth. Including you. So you won't even get to enjoy the peacefulness.

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."

#24 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

What i meant is a simple sharing of an old writing and rants, others seem to take it the wrong way and makes it complicated. Political Unrest, Terrorist Attack, Social Issues happening globally are all human caused situation, religious intolerance, cultural intolerance and so on.How can there be any peace? If everyone can perceive with simple mind perhaps there can be True Peace on Earth.

I wouldn't take it to heart.

I ultimately believe that peace for humankind is acceptance. We need to accept that by nature we are capable of certain acts which might be considered 'sinful' or evil by some. To not take pride in it, or reject it- to just accept it. By accepting these things occur can we hope to create an attitude which will help us recover when they do. If we don't hold this view 'it shouldn't happen. fullstop.' I believe we're more likely to question how it happens and the ways and means to create an environment for people in which it's less likely to happen. We can't "cure" but we can prevent, and when we can't do that we can at least find a way to move on without feeling it contaminates our virtue.

What is punishment though? Is that peaceful? If you're wronged are you meant to just sit back and take it? Nothing is straight forward. My feeling of justice might be more gory than your own. Righting a wrong might lead to balance - peace- but in order to get there it may be paved in blood. Tolerance isn't enough sometimes.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#25 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

I'm right there with you Pikku. I work 12 hour shifts with people that would be considered the most evil by the majority of society's standards. Convicted murderers, armed robbers, and skinheads of various types, from Neo-Nazis to Aryan Brothers, and that's not mentioning the Crips, Bloods, Mexican Mafia, Zeta cartel...

I know evil. At least the human side of it. And I know a little bit about justice too, just ask any offender that has been lucky enough to have me as the Lieutenant on their pod. Or ask any bitch that has crossed me, and see how much fun in life they have had after I hexed the motherfuck out of them.

Justice carries a sword for a reason, because reaping it is bloody fucking work. Evil requires such.

Do not expect love, hugs or "bright blessings" or a "blessed be" from me. I'm a straight up bitch. I walk a crooked, shadowy path that sees little light, and I offer no explanation for that. Accept it, or don't, I won't be affected either way. I am what many would call evil, because of both my profession and the path I walk. I have actively participated as an officer on duty at several executions, and have earned my viewpoints in blood (in more ways that just this).

As far as spirit not being evil, well, I have opened gateways and seen horrors that showed me such terrifying beauty that it holds no label, good or evil. It merely is. The Goetia is no punk.

Edited by RachelLiz, 05 May 2015 - 03:08 AM.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#26 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:08 AM

It's easy to feel like you're being attacked on all sides, when there are so many people who disagree with you. I hope you don't feel that way right now.

But..... I just want to say my bit.....

True peace on earth comes after the wiping out of the entire virus that is the Human race. If you want true peace on earth, you'll have to stomach the most disastrous suffering anything has ever seen, which is the mass destruction of a species that has over-populated the earth. Including you. So you won't even get to enjoy the peacefulness.

Dear Barsa, Thanks for sharing.

We should start a STOP BULLYING CAMPAIGN and make the World Suck Less! LOL

I wouldn't take it to heart.

I ultimately believe that peace for humankind is acceptance. We need to accept that by nature we are capable of certain acts which might be considered 'sinful' or evil by some. To not take pride in it, or reject it- to just accept it. By accepting these things occur can we hope to create an attitude which will help us recover when they do. If we don't hold this view 'it shouldn't happen. fullstop.' I believe we're more likely to question how it happens and the ways and means to create an environment for people in which it's less likely to happen. We can't "cure" but we can prevent, and when we can't do that we can at least find a way to move on without feeling it contaminates our virtue.

What is punishment though? Is that peaceful? If you're wronged are you meant to just sit back and take it? Nothing is straight forward. My feeling of justice might be more gory than your own. Righting a wrong might lead to balance - peace- but in order to get there it may be paved in blood. Tolerance isn't enough sometimes.

Pikku you are a warrior.

I'm right there with you Pikku. I work 12 hour shifts with people that would be considered the most evil by the majority of society's standards. Convicted murderers, armed robbers, and skinheads of various types, from Neo-Nazis to Aryan Brothers, and that's not mentioning the Crips, Bloods, Mexican Mafia, Zeta cartel...

I know evil. At least the human side of it. And I know a little bit about justice too, just ask any offender that has been lucky enough to have me as the Lieutenant on their pod. Or ask any bitch that has crossed me, and see how much fun in life they have had after I hexed the motherfuck out of them.

Justice carries a sword for a reason, because reaping it is bloody fucking work. Evil requires such.

Do not expect love, hugs or "bright blessings" or a "blessed be" from me. I'm a straight up bitch. I walk a crooked, shadowy path that sees little light, and I offer no explanation for that. Accept it, or don't, I won't be affected either way. I am what many would call evil, because of both my profession and the path I walk. I have actively participated as an officer on duty at several executions, and have earned my viewpoints in blood (in more ways that just this).

As far as spirit not being evil, well, I have opened gateways and seen horrors that showed me such terrifying beauty that it holds no label, good or evil. It merely is. The Goetia is no punk.

Fight Fire with Fire!

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#27 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

1). Don't worry I'd never plagiarize a writing so full of grammatical errors which leads me to...
2). I've never seen someone copyright their work w/o attributing their sources (like your definitions). Yes, I saw you covered Shakespeare, but not the dictionary from which you acquired your other definitions.

Sorry for getting off topic y'all, but that drives me crazy.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#28 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

1). Don't worry I'd never plagiarize a writing so full of grammatical errors which leads me to...
2). I've never seen someone copyright their work w/o attributing their sources (like your definitions). Yes, I saw you covered Shakespeare, but not the dictionary from which you acquired your other definitions.

Thank you for your comment. Considering the time when i wrote these, I admit it is not a good writing, those definitions are not mine that's why i highlighted them, only you see that but not others. My apologies if that drives you crazy.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#29 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:16 AM

Thank you for your comment. Considering the time when i wrote these, I admit it is not a good writing, those definitions are not mine that's why i highlighted them, only you see that but not others. My apologies if that drives you crazy.

Anyone who copyrights their writing(s) should well know better than to plagiarize- no excuses. If you don't want someone to take credit for your work/writing, why would you take credit for someone else's? Just bc you wrote it years ago doesn't mean you can't edit it NOW to include your sources. I'm sorry but that's a cop out if ever I heard one.

And it's not just that driving me crazy. For a writer your writing (not just this OP, but just about every reply of yours in general) is literally scattered w/grammatical errors (like your gross misuse of commas and capitalization to name only a couple). It makes it very, very difficult for me to read through. Now that may just be my personal issue w/regards to your grammar, but you opened the door when you posted this as professional type of copyrighted material. I'm honestly not trying to be bitchy, but you should at least know about plagiarism.

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#30 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

Anyone who copyrights their writing(s) should well know better than to plagiarize- no excuses. If you don't want someone to take credit for your work/writing, why would you take credit for someone else's? Just bc you wrote it years ago doesn't mean you can't edit it NOW to include your sources. I'm sorry but that's a cop out if ever I heard one.

And it's not just that driving me crazy. For a writer your writing (not just this OP, but just about every reply of yours in general) is literally scattered w/grammatical errors (like your gross misuse of commas and capitalization to name only a couple). It makes it very, very difficult for me to read through. Now that may just be my personal issue w/regards to your grammar, but you opened the door when you posted this as professional type of copyrighted material. I'm honestly not trying to be bitchy, but you should at least know about plagiarism.

The reference and citation on definition of evil are from dictionary and Shakespeare, they are highlighted in red that was never in my intention be it expressed or implied. Only writings highlighted in blue are my own. The way I write is more of my personal habit since young, my apologies if it is bad however you can chose not to read them. Bad habits die hard. Again thank you for your time, effort and input. I am not a professional writer, if my writing pleases you then good if not then it is just my bad.

output_dLSIE3.gif

#31 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

And here I though I was the only one whose grammatical structure got to you. he he he Yet I also admit I tend to be lazy on forums regarding online writing vice something I write off line or for peer review and publication.

#32 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

Not sure I'd say or imply bewitchingredhead is the only one who saw it or had issues with it. Personally I think it's more an issue of speaking to the reader and which aspects stand out to each of us the greatest in importance. Consider I saw the reference to Shakespeare yet you offered no poem or line numbering to state from which play. So to me that say's your trying to suggest his works but perhaps do not know enough about them to say which. However, appearing to suggest that your audience will recognize it due to some greater usage such as the lines from Hamlet where he is talking to the ghost and utters the lines..."There are more things in Heaven and Earth Horatio than are dreamt of in your philosophy.." Hamlet Act 1 Scene V It is so well known that one can get by without identifying the exact line and poem since it is pretty well universally known to be by Shakespeare. Even when the wording is changed it stays close enough that we know which scene is being referenced.

I will admit the idea of "Evil" and connection to any of the 1600's works is difficult as even Shakespeare tended to change the view point he wanted to present to his audience and have them relate to. His contemporaries also constantly changed usage and meaning to convey things to different audiences. So what you saw at the Globe Theater one week would potentially have a different usage and meaning the next week possibly even in the next play when multiple plays were done on a given day.

I would also add that many times you have to include prior and after entries to understand the meaning of a given line. Far to often people read a line but do not understand the context it was used in.

I do think where you'll run into considerable ruffled feather's is when the audience is Recon influenced and your suggesting or implying things. Under those conditions references and such become critical and your credentials or implied expertise will grow or suffer because of it.

Edited by monsnoleedra, 05 May 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#33 peterwitch

peterwitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

On the psychology perspective, I believe in collective consciousness, so when some people believe evil is true that it will be evil, when some people believe evil does not exist then it is not. Everything come back to what you believe and what people around you believe.

What I am saying is you are what you believe.
What people believe of you is you are in their perspective.

#34 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

Since Oceanos has stated he originally wrote this article in the 5th grade, somehow I very much doubt his views are still the same.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#35 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

And here I though I was the only one whose grammatical structure got to you. he he he Yet I also admit I tend to be lazy on forums regarding online writing vice something I write off line or for peer review and publication.

Hey now! :tongue: It's only bc you mentioned/were discussing academia. :geek: I would never mention that sort of thing on the forum in general. At least you didn't claim to be a writer in that post. :teehee:
Now if I saw that in a peer reviewed study..... tsk tsk :wink:

#36 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

Not sure I'd say or imply bewitchingredhead is the only one who saw it or had issues with it. Personally I think it's more an issue of speaking to the reader and which aspects stand out to each of us the greatest in importance. Consider I saw the reference to Shakespeare yet you offered no poem or line numbering to state from which play. So to me that say's your trying to suggest his works but perhaps do not know enough about them to say which. However, appearing to suggest that your audience will recognize it due to some greater usage such as the lines from Hamlet where he is talking to the ghost and utters the lines..."There are more things in Heaven and Earth Horatio than are dreamt of in your philosophy.." Hamlet Act 1 Scene V It is so well known that one can get by without identifying the exact line and poem since it is pretty well universally known to be by Shakespeare. Even when the wording is changed it stays close enough that we know which scene is being referenced.

I will admit the idea of "Evil" and connection to any of the 1600's works is difficult as even Shakespeare tended to change the view point he wanted to present to his audience and have them relate to. His contemporaries also constantly changed usage and meaning to convey things to different audiences. So what you saw at the Globe Theater one week would potentially have a different usage and meaning the next week possibly even in the next play when multiple plays were done on a given day.

I would also add that many times you have to include prior and after entries to understand the meaning of a given line. Far to often people read a line but do not understand the context it was used in.

I do think where you'll run into considerable ruffled feather's is when the audience is Recon influenced and your suggesting or implying things. Under those conditions references and such become critical and your credentials or implied expertise will grow or suffer because of it.

Yeah, what he said. :thumbsup:

#37 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

No worries - she drives us nuts with this shit, too. We're all mad here - don't you know?

I understand quite well where Rachel is coming from. I was married to a man in her line of work. I watched the evil he was submersed in (psych pod, no less, RL) eat away at him from the inside. One of three things happens here - you're either strong enough to excel at it, get spit out the other end of the meat grinder or you quit and walk away. The world NEEDS people like you because the mass populace doesn't have the stomach for what needs to be done. I'm sure that crosses over all the aspects of your life. That's just the way it is. It has to be.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#38 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hey now! :tongue: It's only bc you mentioned/were discussing academia. :geek: I would never mention that sort of thing on the forum in general. At least you didn't claim to be a writer in that post. :teehee:
Now if I saw that in a peer reviewed study..... tsk tsk :wink:

Oh to be sure i'd never argue a position like that in a peer review or initial presentation or publication. Citations, citations, exact quotes and footnotes galore as well as carefully choosing the words i'd use to convey my idea's and conclusion I am trying to suggest.

I admit I am lazy in my writing on forums but other places a stickler for format and grammatical structure.

#39 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

One of three things happens here - you're either strong enough to excel at it, get spit out the other end of the meat grinder or you quit and walk away. The world NEEDS people like you because the mass populace doesn't have the stomach for what needs to be done.

What she said. Takes a rare person. :)

Edited by Pikkusisko, 06 May 2015 - 03:09 PM.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#40 Barsa

Barsa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

I wish I could more than just +1 this.

"Sweet are the uses of adversity, which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in every thing."