• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

I tried it once, and was really impressed, but it fell by the wayside, because I borrowed my kids' deck, and just haven't gotten around to getting my own. I did recently get a new deck called the Illuminated Tarot, which illustrates tarot into these gigantic playing cards. It has its pros and cons.

#22 GhostAndTheWolf

GhostAndTheWolf

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:39 AM

I haven't been spending much time with my tarot deck lately:( although I did sit with them just tonight and spent about 30mins just handling the deck before shuffling and making my spread.
I have recently been researching a career with the fire department and training to fight wildfires, that being said I made the question be revolving around my pursuing that and I did a 10 card spread, 5 were pentacles and 3 were wands. The others were major arcana.
Ended up getting a pretty good feeling afterwards in favor of pursuing this career.
Anyways mainly just wanted to say how much I missed working with my deck.

For gods' sakes we've suffered, this pain is now our lives,

For gods sakes we've suffered enough. - C. Taylor & J. Root

#23 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

I finally got around to grabbing a cheap playing card deck (I was previously using my kids' deck :D ). I'm really enjoying it. I've been following my intuition, and also watching Lucky Lynx on youtube when I get the chance. It's a fun, no pressure method of divination, and I can see it becoming a staple. Also, I don't know why, but I feel as though learning/practicing on playing cards, has made me suddenly more able to read my marseilles tarot deck more easily. I was really struggling with connecting with it, before that. I can definitely feel the magic in the playing cards.