Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shekinah

Magick and Spell Casting: an uncomfortable thought

Guest monsnoleedra

I don't particularly feel a sad loss. I've heard his kind of perspectives more than I haven't.

Truthfully I do in that if you can't repute their position and perspective then it questions ones own beliefs and perspective in my opinion. It's easy to use vulgarity, blanket refusals, broad stroke reasoning to state why you think a person is wrong or their logic is questionable. Yet to be able to defend your position and justify why suggests your own beliefs and perspective have been given though and deep pondering about why to me. Otherwise your own argument becomes as shallow as the position your trying to refute and is based solely off the "I believe it is right there for it is right!" Which to me if you use that system to prove the correctness and rightness of your though ensures the one your arguing against is equally correct and right in their beliefs and thoughts.

Sadly at one time that was the way of arguing ones point and counter-point within Paganism and Occultism but seems lost today. Of course just my own opinion based upon what I've seen over and over the past ten to fifteen years now.

Guest monsnoleedra

I didn't realize "guest" was an option anymore.... huh

Truthfully I'm not sure its so much an option as it is a means of holding thread construction and stability vice loosing links. Database construction gets really screwed up when you start deleting multiple entries in multiple paged threads.

Ug, why do people come here, stir stuff up and then refuse to defend themselves. I have seen this happen a few times now. It is disapointing.

Truthfully I do in that if you can't repute their position and perspective then it questions ones own beliefs and perspective in my opinion. It's easy to use vulgarity, blanket refusals, broad stroke reasoning to state why you think a person is wrong or their logic is questionable. Yet to be able to defend your position and justify why suggests your own beliefs and perspective have been given though and deep pondering about why to me. Otherwise your own argument becomes as shallow as the position your trying to refute and is based solely off the "I believe it is right there for it is right!" Which to me if you use that system to prove the correctness and rightness of your though ensures the one your arguing against is equally correct and right in their beliefs and thoughts.

Sadly at one time that was the way of arguing ones point and counter-point within Paganism and Occultism but seems lost today. Of course just my own opinion based upon what I've seen over and over the past ten to fifteen years now.

I understand what you mean, I just think that in the beginning of this thread, people were pretty good about stating how their beliefs differ from his, rather than them being a blanket refusal. I'm sure every witch on here has at multiple occasions had to defend why they believe it can be necessary to harm someone via curse/hex, and this was just another one of those times. I feel he got defensive and angered at the fact that there were so many replying to his opinions that he felt like he was being attacked on both sides, when really I think everyone (mostly at the beginning) did a good job of representing their views. Of course it degraded a little toward the end lol but I mean really... why not have fun about it.

Guest monsnoleedra

I understand what you mean, I just think that in the beginning of this thread, people were pretty good about stating how their beliefs differ from his, rather than them being a blanket refusal. I'm sure every witch on here has at multiple occasions had to defend why they believe it can be necessary to harm someone via curse/hex, and this was just another one of those times. I feel he got defensive and angered at the fact that there were so many replying to his opinions that he felt like he was being attacked on both sides, when really I think everyone (mostly at the beginning) did a good job of representing their views. Of course it degraded a little toward the end lol but I mean really... why not have fun about it.

I don't disagree and concur with your conclusions as well. I just figure if one can find value in something like D. J. Conway, Silver Ravenwolf or Edain McCoy's writings then i'd be curious to see how he would defend or justify his position and conclusions. Figure for my part the way a person presents and defends their position gives me many clues as to how they analyze things and see the world about them. Granted, for me, he lost a lot of implied or assumed credit / authority when he tried to use the CIA as a credential and source of authority. To be truthful though, I was also curious to see how he would incorporate that aspect as well.

Truthfully I'm not sure its so much an option as it is a means of holding thread construction and stability vice loosing links. Database construction gets really screwed up when you start deleting multiple entries in multiple paged threads.

Also provides good reference material for other people considering joining. If tthey're unsure about it then maybe some of our responses here will help them better understand the community. Definitely a database nightmare as well.

Edited by Caps

oh guys, thank you for my morning laugh. LMAO

Wow! Stargates, Redes and CIA (even!), oh my!

I seriously needed that too, RR!

I laughed. Hard.

I especially loved the part about psychic shielding as opposed to fear to protect one's self...because psychic shielding totally works to keep all the big, 300lb convicted murderers from kicking the shit out of 130lb, 5'9" me at work at the prison, not the fact that they are scared shitless of me.

Not to mention Star Gates and CIA stuff, woot! Made me giggle :roflhard:

You'd think someone with his 'credentials,' experience and *cough* knowledge wouldn't be such a bitch and abandon ship at the first sign of tempest. Really, though, if I wanted to role play, I'd go play D&D, not post on TW.

Good riddance!

You'd think someone with his 'credentials,' experience and *cough* knowledge wouldn't be such a bitch and abandon ship at the first sign of tempest. Really, though, if I wanted to role play, I'd go play D&D, not post on TW.

Good riddance!

:roflhard:

I totally agree w/the first sentence as well!

Just to let members know, the member formerly known as Shekniah asked for his membership to be deleted for the following reasons

======================================================================

Lots of ugly minds on this forum not compatible with my practice. Several Christian trolls lurking. Terminate my profile and membership.

======================================================================

So, who's for a chorus of Kumbaya M'Lordy then ? :wink:

In that case, we can praise the Lord he's gone!

Really, I die. Thanks for sharing that with us, Droghon, I can't stop laughing :witchnana:

I hate to admit it's rather fun to watch the meth heads and junkies tear each other apart if you add just a hit of madness and they do the rest of the work for you. btw i grew up in a nice neighborhood gone bad. illegal guns drugs and predatory offenders. Thank you CA and L.A. County for making my neighborhood into a nest of shit.

wtf was that stargate stuff !!!! :abduct:

If i make a circle is Cthulhu and Dagon going come by and eat my soul ?

or will Jesus or sing with me XD ? I'm not shure

Will Opera give me a witch credential ? I could sure use that.

yes I am a Christian Troll sorry everyone

Edited by Hecataeus
  • Upvote 1

:grouphug1: Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya :grouphug1:

:grouphug1:

buddy-christ_1_2_1.png

Damn he's totally on to us!

This is the scariest looking Jesus statue I've seen in the entirety of my life..........................

Edited by Hecataeus

This is the scariest looking Jesus statue I've seen in the entirety of my life..........................

:rofl: Have you ever seen the movie Dogma by Kevin Smith (aka "Silent Bob" from the Jay and Silent Bob movies)? It's from that movie.

The fact that they got George Carlin to play that role.... :roflhard:

I love Buddy Christ, it's ssssoooo funny!

My hunny's platoon buddy has him tattooed on his entire back, which is a bit much, but funny nonetheless

I have a little figurine of him, abt 3'' tall, that I got in the late 90s when the movie was made, I love View Askew films. All the characters are hilarious; Carlin, Chris Rock, Salma Hayek, and the guy that played the Seraphim, idk the actor's name, but his dry delivery still cracks me up years later.

Pure comedic bliss.

Edited by RachelLiz

Weird that someone with the name Shekinah (a Jewish name) would complain on a witch forum about Christians.... Actually, his philosophy seemed the most Christian of all - he seemed really offended that others might use darker magic at this site.... How odd....

He had no clue whatsoever what 'darker' magic may be used for by some of us. My trade in revenge and justice magic is taking care of rapists, and such lovely individuals.

Pure prejudice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this