• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sandfire

Sandfire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Hi, I have been practicing lessor key of Solomon since my youth. Recently i have been doing a great deal of research and I have noticed that the lessor key is actually written to perform the lessor banishing (LBRP) at both the start and closing. I have always performed the lessor invoking (LIRP) at the start of the ritual and banishing (LBRP) to close the ritual. I perform an earth invoking and banishing for all quarters by the way unless i have a specific reason to do otherwise. My question is, for those who practice Solomon of course, what do you favor, LIRP/LBRP or LBRP/LBRP and why?

#2 Ogga

Ogga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

When i used the key i prefered LBRP/LBRP. MaInly its easier to remember doing the same thing twice than two different things, when you hav alot of othet stuff to keep track on.

#3 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Don't banish at all at the beginning, you're removing the energy the entity needs to manifest! Banish afterwards, after giving the leave to depart.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#4 Sandfire

Sandfire

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

Don't banish at all at the beginning, you're removing the energy the entity needs to manifest! Banish afterwards, after giving the leave to depart.

yes agreed. In various articles and other places I've seen some people write that they banish both open and close and i was hoping maybe someone here did the same and i might hear why they may do that. :) but i agree with you, i see no logic in banishing when one is trying to invoke or evoke.

#5 SororMIMM

SororMIMM

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Hi Sandfire,
Once you get into the more advanced and complicated rituals, it can get pretty cumbersome to perform multiple QBCs or LBRPS. In my personal practice and depending on what I'm doing, like you said, I will open with an elemental LIRP and close with elemental LBRP.

The only time I change this and do LBRP/LBRP, is when I'm not using a dedicated space. If I'm in dedicated space, there is no reason to LBRP. If it is new space or space that frequently has a lot of foot traffic, I will always LBRP, then I would LIRP, both at the start. Close with LBRP. There are also often times that I will not LBRP and will leave the energy open. Again, dependent upon what I'm doing.

#6 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Sorry to be so trivial, but isn't it the Lesser banishing ? As opposed to the greater banishing? What does 'lessor' mean? (I'm a non native English speaker, so I may have this wrong).
Also, my grimoire practice is dusty, but I'm pretty sure the Lesser Key of Solomon does not include LBRP, which is a Golden Dawn thing.

Re the question, it depends what you're practicing. To my knowledge, witches and magicians have very different approaches to the way one deals with the entities summoned during workings.

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#7 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:58 AM

LBPR is rubbish neophyte magic for the ceremonial crowd, thus there are so many self-important ceremonial magicians who cannot summon anything at all, don't bother with it, there is so much better.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#8 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

Solomonic magic does not need the Golden Dawn rituals. Before Golden Dawn no one was doing these LBRP things.... Even if you read the Golden Dawn texts from Mathers he says that LBRP isnt really for banishing but more for introductory training to help people sense energy.

Banishing all the time is actually a detriment to your practice in the long run. Makes you weak and separates you from a lot of beneficial energies.

#9 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:07 AM

Agreed. I sometimes think that the people who banish constantly need to redirect their efforts into the inner work...and at that time, I think, they would find that banishing has it's place, but it's far overused and largely ineffective if you don't know what you're doing. Depending on what you're 'banishing' anyway.

#10 Nera

Nera

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

I do LBRP after an evocation or simply when I feel the need to do it. Sometimes I follow it up with Banishing ritual of the Hexagram. I'm not really a ceremonial magician, I just do what works for me. I agree with Aurelian, these rituals are generaly overused. It is a norm for an adept to do LBRP and BRH everyday. How do you even do magick if you are banishing all the time?! I suppose there is something to the saying: Magicians don't do magick. (Leave that to the witches ;-)

Edited by Nera, 22 March 2016 - 10:43 PM.

"There are some who may seem -seem not- as others seem,

who walk life's ragged mile

hid' beneath Man's common guise.

Yet such are they that seem by day,

who walk abroad by night."

#11 Elspeth

Elspeth

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

LBPR is rubbish neophyte magic for the ceremonial crowd, thus there are so many self-important ceremonial magicians who cannot summon anything at all, don't bother with it, there is so much better.

I fear I may be detracting from the OP, and if that is the case I will gladly remove this post or have it removed. But in case it is OK, Aurelian, I was wondering if you'd be willing to share your thoughts on some of the better Banishing rituals out there. I have thought about using the LBR but the ceremonial stuff just doesn't seem to vibe and I'm having a hard time finding good alternatives.

#12 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

The Solar Cross is actually effective, Elspeth.

#13 Elspeth

Elspeth

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

Thank you! I'll check it out.