Photo
- - - - -

Altoid tin traveling alters & stuff

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

http://recycledawblo...ing-altars.html

There are some great ideas on this page.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#2 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Thanks RR! That's awesome! :)

I have a miniature Ouija Altoid tin, lol. It was given to me as a gift. Not sure what I would use for a planchette if I ever used it for that purpose (plus I'm blind as a bat and the writing is super small of course) though.

I used to be addicted to Altoids. :witch_bounce: Those are some really creative ideas on that blog- I might utilize a few of them.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#3 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

Haha BW, maybe one of those little glass stones for the bottoms of fish tanks? Those little tins are super cute.

#4 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

Dear RoseRed, Thanks for sharing, these altoid tins uses are inspiring, look awesome. :clap:

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

YVW. I thought they were cool as shit!

#6 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

YVW. I thought they were cool as shit!

Yes very cool and adorable.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#7 peterwitch

peterwitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Sooo creative and really adorable. Though I never heard altoid around my country, maybe it is not available.

#8 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Peterwitch, Altoids are little breath mints sold in the States made from really strong peppermint oil and pressed powdered sugar. The containers they are sold in are these nifty little tin boxes with lids on a hinge, which make perfect pocket boxes for all sorts of stuff. I am sure there is something sold in your country in a cool container that is similar, but if not, they show in the link where you can get the boxes at a craft store. My kids put tiny toys in them for traveling and when I was a teenager and smoked weed, I kept pot in them. Now I use them to store sewing stuff, like buttons and safety pins. Using one for a pocket altar is brilliant.

Edited by RachelLiz, 08 May 2015 - 02:33 PM.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#9 Crow59

Crow59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

I love this idea. It's perfect for traveling or even to take with you on day trips to the park or beach or where ever. Thanks for sharing this, RoseRed.
"There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees which are falsehoods on the other" - Blaise Pascal
"But sometimes the intent is to harm." - Me

#10 witchpriest

witchpriest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Love it! Thanks for the idea Rose.

I am now about to return home from a long vacation, wishing I had brought certain altar pieces for ritual. I found the miniature versions of things to be a great idea. I will be constructing something along this line for future use.

#11 WhiteRaven

WhiteRaven

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:38 AM

Great thread RoseRed

I snip the corners off business cards and store them in an altoid box. They fit perfectly. So an easy way to "wallpaper" the interior of one of these tins could be to print your image/design business card size and then cut the corners to fit.A little hot glue on the back of a thick paper should keep it in one place.

I personally like the 6 inch wooden boxes that you can get at the craft store. I paint them and then fill them with a spell. I also keep a travel altar in a fake book, so it can be out in the open. For me it isn't about hiding it from guests, I have a two year old...enough said! :D

#12 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

I never thought about business cards. I like it.

And a lot of us here love the craft stores - especially around Halloween. I stock up for the year LOL