110 replies to this topic

#101 NamedForTheMoon

NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

Just thought I'd let you all know that she's restocked her nightshades. Still haven't heard anything about my order yet, though.

#102 Eis

Eis

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:07 PM

I'd send her another email if you see a debit on your bank or card statement for the order.  Not sure off the top of my head if there's a phone number listed on her site, but if there is I'd ring her.

When I ordered from her it took around 3 weeks to receive my package. 

#103 NamedForTheMoon

NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:51 PM

Thanks, Eis. She did get back to me, a few days after I had posted. She said that she had been busy due to some deaths on both sides of her family. :( Can't really blame her for that.

Just wondering, when you were getting your order, did you receive any notifications for tracking or anything like that? A shipping confirmation?

#104 Eis

Eis

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

No, I sure didn't.  She used to have a disclaimer posted stating that her products were boxed and sent on their way without tracking or insurance.  Sort of "buy at your own risk", which I thought was kind of shitty, honestly.  Postal workers are human and I've had parcels become lost in the void that is the US postal system...

Sorry I'm so late in replying to you!  Yikes!

ETA:  I hope you got your stuff by now.

Edited by Eis, 07 October 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#105 NamedForTheMoon

NamedForTheMoon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:47 AM

Thanks, Eis. Yes, I did get my order, although it took quite a while.

#106 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

Just an update I thought some of you may be interested in, Sarah has re-opened her Etsy shop to sell her art prints. She is also soon ( tomorrow, apparently) going to stock some more of her beautiful Heretic's rosaries. Nice to see she has not completely abandoned the darker aspects.

https://www.etsy.com...arahAnneLawless

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#107 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:15 AM

Thanks S, love her stuff. Will check it out for sure.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#108 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

I finally bit the bullet and ordered some mandrake ointment. I'll post here again once it was arrived, and I've tried it out. 

#109 Hanilii

Hanilii

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

Ok the witch, the herbalist and the nurse are kicking in for this thread. I concur. For any ointment please Yes do a allergy patch first. I would high recommend doing thorough research on the herbs and plants used. As I was taught for every good use a plant has there is a bad. Belladonna was mentioned in the thread so I will use the "beautiful Lady" as an example. Belladonna has been used in history as a poison - nightshade, make up, and today as a medicine. The berries ingested are fatal to children and adults in the right amount. The leaves and roots are what atropine comes from which is used as a respiratory and cardiac stimulant. My grandma use to use a tiny amount not even a pinch with mint and egg she'll to help with stomach pain and heart pain. But she learned from her grandmother and from her grandmother. She was in her 60s and 70s as I learned from her.

#110 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Hey, I thought I'd check back in here and relate my experiences with the mandrake ointment. I know some people said that their orders took a long time to get to them, but in my case, it arrived in a pretty timely fashion, and I'm in the United States. Shortly after getting it, I tried it out by using the recommended "pea-sized" amount for an allergy test, which I spread on my wrists. No distinct effects, but no allergic reaction either, so good. Anyway, after waiting some time to find the right moment (as one in which I had the courage to proceed), I went ahead and tried out a full dose. I per the FAQ's recommendation, I used three teaspoons' worth. I should note that 3 teaspoons of ointment is a lot of ointment. I felt pretty greasy. It wasn't entirely unpleasant, though, and seemed to warm the skin. I started with my wrists, and then proceeded to put it on my arms, chest (especially above the heart), armpits, and neck, as well as a small amount on my forehead and some residual amount on my back. The result, for me, was pretty subtle.

There was a definite intoxication, but it was mild, and felt like a mixture of drunkenness and stimulation. Really nothing to write home about, if I'm being honest. Just before going to bed, though, there were some mild visuals, just sort of strange flashes of light, which were kind of cool, though nothing particularly significant. However... I had been interested in mandrake's potential as an oneirogen, and before bed, I petitioned my ancestral guides to send me a message through dreams. Then I went to bed. I awoke from a striking dream with distinct significance, which seemed a direct answer to my request. It was the sort of dream where there's no question that this wasn't a mere "psychological" dream, not just your mind churning out white noise, as it were, but a distinctly "spiritual" dream, one in which some sort of contact was made. The content of the dream itself left me with some work to continue in waking life, so I suppose all in all the experiment was a success. 

I will add one final note, which is that I wish that I had used more of the ointment, because given the subtle nature of the effects at the dose I used, and given that there is less left over than the amount that I used, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with the remainder of it. 

#111 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

Thank you for your detailed report! I haven't tried the mandrake one yet.

RSKHFMY