Ok so please don't laugh....but I have a serious question about ghosts/spirits

ghosts spirits supernatural entities sex

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:00 AM

Yes, I do. And it's fucking uncomfortable. I often wonder if its those whose families have abandoned them (happens frequently) and the care they got while there (it's an excellent facility) is the best thing they remember.

Never could prove it but used to think it was one of those things where once a person notices them it goes through the resident ghosts that a person is there who can see, hear, etc them. then all of them come out of the woodwork trying to get their messages across or want to be acknowledge they are still there. When we were in the hospice with my late father-in-law they walked the halls and followed the staff around. Didn't really see them in the individual rooms but the halls sure were busy. To put it mildly the silence was deafening in the place as the silent footfalls and shadows attracted your attention.

#102 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

Yes, I do. And it's fucking uncomfortable. I often wonder if its those whose families have abandoned them (happens frequently) and the care they got while there (it's an excellent facility) is the best thing they remember.

It's heartbreaking.

Never could prove it but used to think it was one of those things where once a person notices them it goes through the resident ghosts that a person is there who can see, hear, etc them. then all of them come out of the woodwork trying to get their messages across or want to be acknowledge they are still there. When we were in the hospice with my late father-in-law they walked the halls and followed the staff around. Didn't really see them in the individual rooms but the halls sure were busy. To put it mildly the silence was deafening in the place as the silent footfalls and shadows attracted your attention.

Oh yeah. I actually experimented with that idea in a few very active locations. And they're all trying to talk at the same time. I had to leave the Fort in St. Augustine. I hadn't yet learned how to control that Gift - it just got so overwhelming. The one thing that I'll never forget - there was one very sentient ghost in a watchtower. The family next to us - the dad was cracking stupid jokes and this dude was getting pissed.

These people went on the same tour with us. They knew it was not only the place of massive bloody death, they also knew that it's a grave. Some of the bodies are in the structure and some are buried in the ground. And the watchtower dude was seething at the disrespect over what should be considered a sacred place. Just the little bit of what the tour guide said about the way the Church blessed the Fort - it was.

I never looked at a tourist attraction like that before. It was a very sobering experience.

If you guys ever make it to St. Augustine - there is a Russian Orthodox Chapel within walking distance in the Spanish Quarter. RO is so rich in symbolism - it's practically Pagan and the feeling in there is wonderful. They have an outside garden as well.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#103 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

When my Mother was in the hospital and the nursing home last year - I just cranked down the volume. I didn't want to know nothing or be bothered with roaming spirits or reapers. Do you have any idea how many of them hang out in nursing homes and follow people around?

There are consequences to living for such a length of time (about a year) in an unnatural state. My health deteriorated significantly. I know the Universe has been kicking my ass and the powers that be keep throwing shit in front of me and it's run me down to near exhaustion. The physical and the whoohoo go hand in hand.

Oh yes, and MonSno called this afternoon to laugh at me because I still think you can set 'office hours' even though you're always stuck on call. We don't agree on everything LOL.

Now you are in my territory. As many of you know already, I work nights at a nursing home. I have always maintained that hospitals and nursing homes are among the most haunted places. Cranking down the volume is an absolute must. I am busy enough with the living and the dying at work. Add the restless dead and other entities to that and I am just asking for a nervous breakdown. Sometimes they ring call bells, knock stuff over, turn lights off and on, and even call 911 from a room with no phone. I can tell you it can be a huge pain in the ass. Sometimes you just need to shut it down. Luckily (well, not at the time) I learned how to do that the hard way years ago.

Spirits of the human varitiey include mostly former residents of course, but also former employees. At least one nurse, of the sort who dedicated her life to the job, and now doesn't seem to know what else to do. We also have an entity of a different (never human) sort, who likes to masquerade as a nurse, but is anything but. It will ask people to meet 'her' in the lounge, a place where numerous 'old hag' like attacks have occurred, mostly to unsuspecting staff who have dozed off there while on break. We have the entities that feed on human emotion, grief, anger, suffering, and those who feed on death and decay. Also, drastic and sudden personality changes can often be explained by the progression of desease and dementia, or changes in medication, but I have seen something take over a resident, wear him/ her down untill there is nothing left, and then move on to the next host, the changes in that person nearly identical to those occuring in the last. So many stories I could tell you. You may wonder what I do about it, well, I do what I can when I can, but for my own sanity, I simply cannot do it all.

Even the surrounding property of the building is effected. Almost as if all the activity has created a sort of nexus. I have seen entities of light and shadow apparently fighting in the parking lot, as witnessed though the surveillance cameras.

Often I think this is the case. Then there are also those that are so bitter about being left there, that anger and frustration seems to be what holds them.

Yep, shadows and footfalls most common. And the more attention you give them, the more they act up.

Edited by Solanaceae, 09 June 2015 - 11:05 PM.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#104 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Wow - so much to talk about.

So, living in the altered state of cranking it down is normal for you. It became normal for me and I didn't realize how much it wore on me until I tried to turn it back on. Turning it down for an hour is a lot different than a year when you turn it back on. At least it was for me. Can you turn it on and off on command or do you just leave it cranked down.

Nurses in both my Mom's and my Dad's ICU told me that it's much calmer when I'm there. All the little weird things stop.

#105 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

I have been able to do this to some degree at least since just slightly after my 'awakening' around age 15. I did turn it down ( well nearly off actually ) for a period of about 3 years throughout my pregnancies and when my children where very small. It seemed I was being constantly bambarded and even attacked during that time. I was worried about my babies being exposed to that, so I shut it down. Now it seems I can turn it down and up again at will. At home I like to interact with entities (most of the time) so then it will usually be on. Even at work if I want to interact with something, I can turn it up or 'on' untill it get too much, and then off again. Doing this for relatively short periods of time does not seem to be as draining to me. I get what you are saying, when I had it off for that long stretch it wore on me as well. I too did not realize how much untill I turned it back on. Then I felt like I was finally being 'myself' again. It felt like freedom. People have said to me as well that the place seems calmer when I am there, of course, they just think that is because I am good at my job, lol.

#106 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

It's heartbreaking.

Oh yeah. I actually experimented with that idea in a few very active locations. And they're all trying to talk at the same time. I had to leave the Fort in St. Augustine. I hadn't yet learned how to control that Gift - it just got so overwhelming. The one thing that I'll never forget - there was one very sentient ghost in a watchtower. The family next to us - the dad was cracking stupid jokes and this dude was getting pissed.

These people went on the same tour with us. They knew it was not only the place of massive bloody death, they also knew that it's a grave. Some of the bodies are in the structure and some are buried in the ground. And the watchtower dude was seething at the disrespect over what should be considered a sacred place. Just the little bit of what the tour guide said about the way the Church blessed the Fort - it was.

I never looked at a tourist attraction like that before. It was a very sobering experience.

If you guys ever make it to St. Augustine - there is a Russian Orthodox Chapel within walking distance in the Spanish Quarter. RO is so rich in symbolism - it's practically Pagan and the feeling in there is wonderful. They have an outside garden as well.

Wow I've been there so much and never even considered the Pagan aspects of the RO, although I wasn't technically a witch when I was a kid. I've always gotten weird "feelings" at the Fort and could swear I caught a ghost there on my camera when I was a kid (we went there on a field trip in the 4th grade), but I have no idea where those pictures are now. But I've never seen a ghost in person before (to my knowledge), despite knowing that they're around. Although I'm certainly not surprised you did, lol.

Now you are in my territory. As many of you know already, I work nights at a nursing home. I have always maintained that hospitals and nursing homes are among the most haunted places. Cranking down the volume is an absolute must. I am busy enough with the living and the dying at work. Add the restless dead and other entities to that and I am just asking for a nervous breakdown. Sometimes they ring call bells, knock stuff over, turn lights off and on, and even call 911 from a room with no phone. I can tell you it can be a huge pain in the ass. Sometimes you just need to shut it down. Luckily (well, not at the time) I learned how to do that the hard way years ago.

Spirits of the human varitiey include mostly former residents of course, but also former employees. At least one nurse, of the sort who dedicated her life to the job, and now doesn't seem to know what else to do. We also have an entity of a different (never human) sort, who likes to masquerade as a nurse, but is anything but. It will ask people to meet 'her' in the lounge, a place where numerous 'old hag' like attacks have occurred, mostly to unsuspecting staff who have dozed off there while on break. We have the entities that feed on human emotion, grief, anger, suffering, and those who feed on death and decay. Also, drastic and sudden personality changes can often be explained by the progression of desease and dementia, or changes in medication, but I have seen something take over a resident, wear him/ her down untill there is nothing left, and then move on to the next host, the changes in that person nearly identical to those occuring in the last. So many stories I could tell you. You may wonder what I do about it, well, I do what I can when I can, but for my own sanity, I simply cannot do it all.

Even the surrounding property of the building is effected. Almost as if all the activity has created a sort of nexus. I have seen entities of light and shadow apparently fighting in the parking lot, as witnessed though the surveillance cameras.

Wow that really fucking sucks. :ermm: Having been my late grandmother's legal guardian after grandpa died (she was in a nursing home bc she had alzheimer's) that hits close to home. I would have never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense- I'm not saying my grandma didn't have alzheimer's, cause she definitely did- but I have a question for you. Have you ever seen someone who's had alzheimer's so advanced that it was only a matter of time ("failure to thrive", etc. I'm sure you're familiar w/the term) before they died, experience a sudden 180 or even 360 in behavior and/or regression of the disease? I mean my grandma went from that state to suddenly being able to "talk". I use the word talk loosely bc she couldn't quite form words, but she did repeat patterns of sounds over and over and responded to conversation and/or questions from me. I'm telling you 5 years prior she didn't even utter a sound and a few months prior they told me it was only a matter of time bc of the progression of the disease and her failure to thrive, and she's suddenly sitting up, moving her arms and upper body, "talking"/responding to myself and others, etc. She died a few months later. I was in the process of having her moved here so I could be with her every day, and she died less than a month away from the move.

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#107 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

Wow that really fucking sucks. :ermm: Having been my late grandmother's legal guardian after grandpa died (she was in a nursing home bc she had alzheimer's) that hits close to home. I would have never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense- I'm not saying my grandma didn't have alzheimer's, cause she definitely did- but I have a question for you. Have you ever seen someone who's had alzheimer's so advanced that it was only a matter of time ("failure to thrive", etc. I'm sure you're familiar w/the term) before they died, experience a sudden 180 or even 360 in behavior and/or regression of the disease? I mean my grandma went from that state to suddenly being able to "talk". I use the word talk loosely bc she couldn't quite form words, but she did repeat patterns of sounds over and over and responded to conversation and/or questions from me. I'm telling you 5 years prior she didn't even utter a sound and a few months prior they told me it was only a matter of time bc of the progression of the disease and her failure to thrive, and she's suddenly sitting up, moving her arms and upper body, "talking"/responding to myself and others, etc. She died a few months later. I was in the process of having her moved here so I could be with her every day, and she died less than a month away from the move.

So sorry Brh, that is a very difficult thing to go through. I would need more case details to be sure of course, but what you are describing happening to your grandmother sounds more like a change in medication to me. In long term care there is a real tendency to over medicate the elderly I am afraid, and medications effect everyone differently. Here is something I have witnessed. When someone is placed on palliative care it is decided between healthcare providers and the family that there is nothing more that can be done for the resident to improve her condition or slow the progression of disease, all life sustaining or disease slowing medications are discontinued. The only treatments that are at this time given are for comfort and pain. This can certainly effect behavior suddenly and drastically. This may be difficult, but is is possible that medications she was on could have been making her lethargic or less responsive, and once they were discontinued she regained some function? Since she died within a few months, I wouldn't call it a regression of the disease. In some cases as well, it almost seems as though once the 'there is nothing more we can do' is out there, something in the resident recognizes this (often I think it is because at this time family is around more often) and perks up a bit.

Edited by Solanaceae, 12 June 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#108 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

So sorry Brh, that is a very difficult thing to go through. I would need more case details to be sure of course, but what you are describing happening to your grandmother sounds more like a change in medication to me. In long term care there is a real tendency to over medicate the elderly I am afraid, and medications effect everyone differently. Here is something I have witnessed. When someone is placed on palliative care it is decided between healthcare providers and the family that there is nothing more that can be done for the resident to improve her condition or slow the progression of disease, all life sustaining or disease slowing medications are discontinued. The only treatments that are at this time given are for comfort and pain. This can certainly effect behavior suddenly and drastically. This may be difficult, but is is possible that medications she was on could have been making her lethargic or less responsive, and once they were discontinued she regained some function? Since she died within a few months, I wouldn't call it a regression of the disease. In some cases as well, it almost seems as though once the 'there is nothing more we can do' is out there, something in the resident recognizes this (often I think it is because at this time family is around more often) and perks up a bit.

Thank you very much. I loved her dearly.

I don't recall why I never saw this reply Solanaceae. Regardless, thank you for the reply! It's very possible a switch in medications could have caused the lethargy in those earlier years, but it actually wasn't a few months in which this occurred. It was years. She died a few months later of me witnessing the drastic change in behavior/speech. Apparently, according to the nursing home- she had been like that for a couple of years. That's why I was so baffled.

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#109 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Ok I have an update regarding the hubby that has also brought about a new question for those w/experience helping spirits "cross over".

He's been successfully managing to do a lot of his work during his sleep. We consecrated and "spelled" (gave a specific purpose) a piece of jewelry he wears when he's sleeping. He doesn't always remember his workings, but there are many times he does.

The most recent one happened over the weekend. He said he had to literally "fight" some spirits to get them to cross over. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? This is/was a first for him. He's still not sure if it was a dream or if it was his actual "work", but that's only bc of the odd nature of helping people cross that he hasn't experienced before (to his conscious knowledge of course). It sounds exactly like the norm with the exception of having to actually fight them to get them to cross over.

#110 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

Some of them get dragged across kicking and screaming.

Has he started doing any Shadow Work?

#111 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

RR is right (what's new about that lol? As per the usual.... I am starting to learn to just accept that she is right most of the time :) )

And sometimes spirits will kick up one hell of a fuss to avoid crossing over. Like naughty ethereal toddlers. They can be just as stubborn, combative, obstinate and rude (even more so, in some cases) than they were when they were alive.

Shadow work is def in order.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

#112 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Please don't do that. I have more than my fare share of fuck ups.

#113 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Some of them get dragged across kicking and screaming.

Has he started doing any Shadow Work?

Ok so it's not completely abnormal?

No he hasn't. He jumped into the water w/"floaties" as I say, lol.
Any suggestions for shadow work for him?

#114 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

There's a few different things that I know of that can cause working in your sleep. The obvious is - that's just where you do your Work but that's really rare. If he remembers it and it's not harming him - who knows?

It's also a symptom of needing to do Shadow Work. The terminology I usually use is that the monsters in the basement are putting in their work day while you sleep. He has enough trust in himself to do the Work in his sleep without conscious effort. That's an awesome thing. Opening the door a crack and saying 'good job guys' is a very different thing than going down there with hot chocolate and cheesecake in your jammies. The whole key to it is accepting yourself - the good and the bad. We're all human. We're all both. By accepting those parts of yourself - they don't have to blow a gasket to be recognized. Your work becomes proactive instead of reactive. (or in this case possibly conscious) It's just a progression I've noticed. Perhaps others here have as well.

Jump into your cave of fears. Face what you're afraid of. Much easier said than done.

Anything more specific than this - is getting into personal areas, I think.

#115 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

There's a few different things that I know of that can cause working in your sleep. The obvious is - that's just where you do your Work but that's really rare. If he remembers it and it's not harming him - who knows?

It's also a symptom of needing to do Shadow Work. The terminology I usually use is that the monsters in the basement are putting in their work day while you sleep. He has enough trust in himself to do the Work in his sleep without conscious effort. That's an awesome thing. Opening the door a crack and saying 'good job guys' is a very different thing than going down there with hot chocolate and cheesecake in your jammies. The whole key to it is accepting yourself - the good and the bad. We're all human. We're all both. By accepting those parts of yourself - they don't have to blow a gasket to be recognized. Your work becomes proactive instead of reactive. (or in this case possibly conscious) It's just a progression I've noticed. Perhaps others here have as well.

Jump into your cave of fears. Face what you're afraid of. Much easier said than done.

Anything more specific than this - is getting into personal areas, I think.

Thank you RR~ <3
That's what I kinda thought w/regards to shadow work. He's all like "what's shadow work"? And I was like, "Ummmm, facing your inner demons head on"? Lol- I didn't know if was different for this kind of work compared to shadow work for witches in general.

I like your analogy about the monsters in the basement.

#116 Nyd

Nyd

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:03 PM

I only seem to be able to see entities or anything of the like in a certain state. So usually not during the day when I walk around the house. I may get an odd feeling or a weird smell sometimes (often smoke) but nothing too crazy.
I have seen objects being moved (shaking cabinet, likely a Poltergeist) with bright lights on.
My guess would be that some spirits could always be around if they wanted to, but my spirit guides for example only seem to make contact if a message needs to be conveyed.
I also had a soul cling on to me, which I believe did not have the same understanding of sex and nudity as a living human being. It was just waiting for it's turn and is now kicking me into the bladder a few times a day. Soon it won't remember anything at all and work on saying things like "dada"...Oh this is a funny thought sorry :D.

#117 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

@BRH, just so you know it is common for Alzheimer's patients who do not know their own children, to go from that state to normal for no apparent reason. They will have random "moments of clarity" or at least extreme improvement. It is VERY confusing and bittersweet for the family because they suddenly have their loved one back, but that improved state can last minutes or hours, usually not longer but sometimes days and then it is gone as quickly and inexplicably as it came. I don't think anyone has anything better than theories as to why that happens but it does. And interestingly, it happens A LOT when that person is approaching death. Almost like something is allowing them to have their faculties back one last time to say their goodbyes. I'm sorry for your loss.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#118 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

As for original topic...I often see red glowing eyes peering at me looking over the edge of the bed from the ground while doing the deed. But, that's just the eyeshine of my husky, trying to figure out whether I am in pain or not😳 😊...
Otherwise I hope and assume my relatives have no more interest in seeing that sort of thing now than they did when alive, though the thought did freak me out when I was a teenager. All the other entities can watch all they want, so long as they keep their energy to themselves:).

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#119 FraterLuciferi

FraterLuciferi

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:22 AM

Unlike many of my fellow witches, I don't actually see ghosts, spirits, etc.

The reason why you don't see spirits and ghosts (astral beings) is because they exists in the spiritual realm and not in our realm. However, by developing your astral senses you can learn to obtain information from the spiritual realms. Magic can be used for spiritual growth and astral senses are developed as a side effect of the spiritual growth.

Edited by FraterLuciferi, 04 December 2015 - 08:23 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, spirits, supernatural, entities, sex