Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Ok so please don't laugh....but I have a serious question about ghosts/spirits

ghosts spirits supernatural entities sex

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, just remember to put the shiny side facing in :roflhard:
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#42 Barnstock

Barnstock

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

I realize this thread has morphed, and I'm late to the party, but in regards to the original question, I had a similar issue when my wife crossed over.

She died quite unexpectedly when she was 34, but because she had had a lot of health problems, we had discussed the possibility of her death, and her wishes and plans in detail for a long time before, including what she planned to do after she died, which included reuniting with her grandmother, going to Egypt, and haunting her ex. For the first year after she was gone, I couldn't sense her presence at all, I think partly due to the pain of losing her, but also because I figure she was off doing the things she wanted to do.

A phone call from her daughter did confirm that she was indeed haunting her ex. In the mean time, I started dating the woman that I'm currently with, and not long after, began to be visited by my wife. I loved her more than anything, and still do, but the way I see it, I'm still in this world and have a life to live, but felt like I had betrayed her. I would mentally push her away whenever I was with my girlfriend, but she would come in my dreams. She never showed any signs of anger or hurt, but only wanted to spend time with me, lay next to me, and talk, although talking isn't really the right way to describe it.

I spite of her not being bothered by my new relationship, I still felt uneasy about having sex, knowing she was there, and it did cause issues. I got coital headaches so bad I thought I was going to die. I honestly thought I was having a stroke. In addition to that, I couldn't fully commit to my new relationship, and we broke up and got back together several times. I have to hand it to the woman in my life now for being so patient and persistant.

At any rate, this story ends on a good note. Annie, my late wife, finally stepped in to help out by doing something amazing. She allowed me to experience where she is from her perspective. I don't think I could comprehend everything, and I can't really describe it, but it was enough to understand something of what existence is like after death, and what this world is like from that point of view.

Don't worry about what family sees you doing in your private moments, to them it's a beautiful thing, a rythmic light show, devoid of the conditioning we recieve in this life. I suppose there is the chance of a spirit holding on to the biases and ideas that come with living in this world, and in that case it would be right to banish them, but my experience is that it is usually not the case.

#43 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

Don't worry about what family sees you doing in your private moments, to them it's a beautiful thing, a rythmic light show, devoid of the conditioning we recieve in this life.

Your words are so moving, I found myself quite touched.

Thank you for sharing something so personal, Barnstock. I'm sure quite a few people who will read it will find it helps them.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#44 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, just remember to put the shiny side facing in :roflhard:

Umm do you have something to tell me RR? :tongue:
Lol- yes definitely make sure you put the tinfoil shiny side up!

I realize this thread has morphed, and I'm late to the party, but in regards to the original question, I had a similar issue when my wife crossed over.

She died quite unexpectedly when she was 34, but because she had had a lot of health problems, we had discussed the possibility of her death, and her wishes and plans in detail for a long time before, including what she planned to do after she died, which included reuniting with her grandmother, going to Egypt, and haunting her ex. For the first year after she was gone, I couldn't sense her presence at all, I think partly due to the pain of losing her, but also because I figure she was off doing the things she wanted to do.

A phone call from her daughter did confirm that she was indeed haunting her ex. In the mean time, I started dating the woman that I'm currently with, and not long after, began to be visited by my wife. I loved her more than anything, and still do, but the way I see it, I'm still in this world and have a life to live, but felt like I had betrayed her. I would mentally push her away whenever I was with my girlfriend, but she would come in my dreams. She never showed any signs of anger or hurt, but only wanted to spend time with me, lay next to me, and talk, although talking isn't really the right way to describe it.

I spite of her not being bothered by my new relationship, I still felt uneasy about having sex, knowing she was there, and it did cause issues. I got coital headaches so bad I thought I was going to die. I honestly thought I was having a stroke. In addition to that, I couldn't fully commit to my new relationship, and we broke up and got back together several times. I have to hand it to the woman in my life now for being so patient and persistant.

At any rate, this story ends on a good note. Annie, my late wife, finally stepped in to help out by doing something amazing. She allowed me to experience where she is from her perspective. I don't think I could comprehend everything, and I can't really describe it, but it was enough to understand something of what existence is like after death, and what this world is like from that point of view.

Don't worry about what family sees you doing in your private moments, to them it's a beautiful thing, a rythmic light show, devoid of the conditioning we recieve in this life. I suppose there is the chance of a spirit holding on to the biases and ideas that come with living in this world, and in that case it would be right to banish them, but my experience is that it is usually not the case.

Thank you so much for sharing your very personal experience and opinions! I know that must have been extremely difficult when you were going through it.... I have another question for you if you don't mind? Was there anything in particular that finally made you "able" to see your wife in spirit form? I don't think it's a secret that I've been wanting to see my mother's for years now. In fact the anniversary of her death is in 2 weeks. :sad:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#45 Barnstock

Barnstock

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your very personal experience and opinions! I know that must have been extremely difficult when you were going through it.... I have another question for you if you don't mind? Was there anything in particular that finally made you "able" to see your wife in spirit form? I don't think it's a secret that I've been wanting to see my mother's for years now. In fact the anniversary of her death is in 2 weeks. :sad:

Very sorry to hear about your mother, I think one of the most difficult things for anyone to go through.

I think in terms of being able to "see" Annie's spirit, I had to get past a lot of inner conflict. It's much different from seeing spirits of those I was never as close to in life, since I already had to deal with the fact of losing her in this world and all that entailed, along with all of the "what ifs"--will she be different? will she be angry? will she want me to see her or should I leave her alone?--those kind of things. I tend to think too much, and that in itself is an impairment. Too much intelectualization just shuts the whole process down.

I can tell you two things to practice that might help develop the ability, neither are very difficult, although they might not make sense at first.

A. Start searching for your own spirit. I discovered this by accident fifteen or so years ago. I would take about ten minutes a day, usually in the early morning when no one else was up, and sit still and conciously search my own body for the place where my own soul resides. I would try to feel everywhere inside of me: my eyes, behind my eyes in my skull, my little toe, my solar plexus, and on and on like that, always with the intent of detecting my own spirit. I began doing it as a wierd form of meditation that I had come up with. One morning while in the middle of this I saw a very short cloaked figure come up out of my living room floor, run across in front of my television, and drop back into the floor, only it didn't fall through, but it's body rotated 90 degrees and it ran through the floor. After that, I started to catch glimpses of people at work, in stores, in my back yard....they would be there one second and the next they would be gone. After a while I could switch this on and off when I wanted to, I usually keep it off.

B. Practice using all of your senses without filtering, or identifying, or classifying any of it. This one is a little tricky. Try to be aware of what all of your sense are detecting without focusing on any one thing, and without identifying, or disregarding anything. One way to put it is to just absorb all the raw data that's coming at you, and accept it as just raw data. You can do this anywhere. Depending on what's going on around you, including the climate, this can be very irritating, and it's very difficult to stop your brain from commenting on everything you notice, or disregarding a sensation, but that's the goal, to just feel, to open up the senses to the point where you can detect very slight variations in your surroundings, and process them on a deeper instinctive level.

These two skills combined really helped me. I will add that this kind of thing goes much easier in the early morning hours when there is less "psychic noise", and it also helps to think about the person you want to contact, a specific incedent or experience, before hand.

This is probably way more than you were looking for, but I hope there was something helpful in my ramblings.( It's been a long day)

#46 Kayt

Kayt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

Barnstock said:

I can tell you two things to practice that might help develop the ability, neither are very difficult, although they might not make sense at first.

A. Start searching for your own spirit. I discovered this by accident fifteen or so years ago. I would take about ten minutes a day, usually in the early morning when no one else was up, and sit still and conciously search my own body for the place where my own soul resides. I would try to feel everywhere inside of me: my eyes, behind my eyes in my skull, my little toe, my solar plexus, and on and on like that, always with the intent of detecting my own spirit. I began doing it as a wierd form of meditation that I had come up with. One morning while in the middle of this I saw a very short cloaked figure come up out of my living room floor, run across in front of my television, and drop back into the floor, only it didn't fall through, but it's body rotated 90 degrees and it ran through the floor. After that, I started to catch glimpses of people at work, in stores, in my back yard....they would be there one second and the next they would be gone. After a while I could switch this on and off when I wanted to, I usually keep it off.

B. Practice using all of your senses without filtering, or identifying, or classifying any of it. This one is a little tricky. Try to be aware of what all of your sense are detecting without focusing on any one thing, and without identifying, or disregarding anything. One way to put it is to just absorb all the raw data that's coming at you, and accept it as just raw data. You can do this anywhere. Depending on what's going on around you, including the climate, this can be very irritating, and it's very difficult to stop your brain from commenting on everything you notice, or disregarding a sensation, but that's the goal, to just feel, to open up the senses to the point where you can detect very slight variations in your surroundings, and process them on a deeper instinctive level.

Barnstock - I don't know about anyone else, but I found this incredibly helpful and will start trying these exercises! It just makes sense (to me, anyway) when you lay it out like that. Brilliant.

Edit: sorry, my quote thing isn't working.

Edited by Kayt, 09 April 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#47 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

That's a really good idea bc I do have a separate place/space for my ancestor altar!! I should add the one who's here often, but I don't really know him well (it's my biological father and he died when I was 1 1/2, so I have no memory of him). You think I should add him?And good to know about the graveyard dirt! I admit, I didn't think about that either....whoops. :embarrased:

My ancestor stuff is upstairs and they know that's where we interact. I do have a few that stick with hubby and I but I like to think they give us privacy.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#48 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

I was wondering if you might be able to describe as best you can, what Annie showed you?

#49 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

----
^^^ This. So much this. When I first started on my Path, I realized I need to simply open up and absorb without trying to interpret. It took a while to figure it out, but when I did, the results were incredible. But I was still filtering, and is something I'm working on now.

Barnstock, +1 for sharing insights that aren't really discussed in most reference materials.

#50 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

To backtrack a little bit and add a little detail in addition to the excellent explanations already given, you can typically identify the type of voodoo being practiced by how it's spelled:

Vodun: the traditional African practice centered in Benin.
Vodou: the traditional practice from Haiti.
Voodoo: The form centered in Louisiana and the Mississippi River Valley.

In addition to Barnstock's excellent advice, my typical instructions for those who wish to develop the ability to see spirits is quite simple: try scrying for twenty minutes a day. Eventually your sight will open up and you'll be able to see spirits, especially any time you go into a trance.

Edited by Aurelian, 10 April 2015 - 04:53 AM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#51 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

These two skills combined really helped me. I will add that this kind of thing goes much easier in the early morning hours when there is less "psychic noise", and it also helps to think about the person you want to contact, a specific incedent or experience, before hand.

Great piece of advice !
Most of todays books on meditation/ focussing/open-your-third-eye/whatever have an awful single-minded focus on visualization. You have to see things. As if sight was the only and most important human sense, the only one that we use to interact. That is so limiting and arbitrary! Not everyone works that way, there are people for whom hearing is a much more central abilities, others who are blind, others who can't obtain anything from a 'guided visualization', but give them the right olfactory trigger and they'll be riding in the air on black sheeps.

Now, I must say that I don't quite understand why anyone would want to see dead people, as in seeing with their own eyes. It happened to me a couple of times, I wasn't looking for it, and once it was just out wright creepy (woman staring at me and sitting on my legs while just staring at me in the creepiest way). The second time was much less upsetting, but equally creepy.
I have contacts with dead people on fairly regular basis, most often through little signs, but also automated writing, whispers in my ears, dreams and tarot. Our communications are quite structured, and I like it that way. I wouldn't want to live a life in which I can turn on (or suddenly jump into) a visual monitor that shows me the room is actually full of dead people. I don't need to see them, as I don't need to see the cake in the oven to know that it is there when I smell it, or I don't have to see the washing machine when I hear it running.

A little anecdote that covers some of the things discussed in the thread. Just after I left my parents' house, a spirit, of a woman, started lightly haunting the house. She wouldn't do much damage, just scary the dog and mostly appear to everyone who would sleep in the guest room (in which there is a large mirror overseeing the bed), hide things or move them around. At a point, she made her presence clear by moving a bunch of huge terracotta vases in the garden from different spots just at the center of it. My father even had to acknowledge that something was going on, as lifting one of those vases takes too strong men. The presence was acknowledged. My siblings gave her a name, and decided that as long as the manifestations would stop they were fine with her. They are all quite catholic, they just discussed this over lunch. I didn't move a finger, as since she was named there were no other significant manifestations, and no one saw her. Sometimes she would make herself noticed, and usually saying some nice things about her makes her stop. Eventually, it's become the funny story that my father loves to tell at family gatherings .

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#52 Barnstock

Barnstock

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

I was wondering if you might be able to describe as best you can, what Annie showed you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autumn Moon,

I've typed and re-typed several paragraphs trying to describe this experience, and I just keep coming up short. I know that I couldn't be aware of everything, and my mind had to interpret what I did experience, and I think this is where it falls apart. I'm not sure if a different person would have seen things differently, but I'll say a few things:

This world looks like twilight, but not because of any particular light source, it's just that features seem to make themselves more or less apparent. Most buildings appear dim, and somewhat transparent, but a few were brighter and more solid. The landscape follows the landscape of this world closely, but not exactly. I noticed some trees did not resemble trees at all, but were more like low, steady glowing fires, or orbs that reached just above ground level. Everything emits a "vibe", not really sound, not really waves of energy, but something like that. Vehicles are practically undetectable.

People and animals seem to shift aspects, or it might have been my perception that was shifting. It's like you see the person, or rather, get the impression of the person, and thier emotional state. This doesn't mean they emited any particular color, but rather a "sparkyness", or a pumping or throbbing kind of light/motion/energy. Other spirits came into focus more when I focused on them, or they focused on me, and again, the "vibe" was there, giving automatic impressions of "stay away", or curiosity, or fear. For example, one entity( it felt non-human) would keep it's distance from us, but move in wide circles around us. It was clearly uncomfortable with my presence.

Some places seemed to be full of noise, or more like static, like if you could hear power. The river was like that. It seemed much deeper and more powerful, more like a solid mass but flowing, like a solid, moving void( I know that makes no sense) and I got the impression that if I touched it, it would grab me and take me with it.

I feel like I have to say that I should have put quotation marks around every descriptive word I've used so far, please don't take them literally, but only as an impression, or an approximation, since I really can't convey the wholeness of what I've described. I limited my description to what I saw of THIS world from their perspective. I did this because I just don't have the faculty to describe their world with any words, and I also feel that I would be "breaking a deal" if I even tried. I know this doesn't give you much to go on, but hopefully it gives at least a general picture.

#53 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Barnstock. I found that very interesting. Of course, I would also really like to know what you saw of their world, but a deal is a deal...crumb - lol.

#54 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

To backtrack a little bit and add a little detail in addition to the excellent explanations already given, you can typically identify the type of voodoo being practiced by how it's spelled:

Vodun: the traditional African practice centered in Benin.
Vodou: the traditional practice from Haiti.
Voodoo: The form centered in Louisiana and the Mississippi River Valley.

In addition to Barnstock's excellent advice, my typical instructions for those who wish to develop the ability to see spirits is quite simple: try scrying for twenty minutes a day. Eventually your sight will open up and you'll be able to see spirits, especially any time you go into a trance.

Any advice you can offer (or anyone else) for someone who has trouble focusing when scrying (as in literally w/their vision). I don't know if it's cause I wear contacts and/or I suffer from severe chronic dry eyes, but when I scry I'll do ok until I have to blink- and then it's like it resets and I have to start all over (like the pictures/imprints erase). I'll have a decent flow of images/imprints, etc. and then as soon as I blink, bam- it goes away. It's very frustrating! Do you think scrying on larger and/or specific objects would be better in cases like mine?

Great piece of advice !
Most of todays books on meditation/ focussing/open-your-third-eye/whatever have an awful single-minded focus on visualization. You have to see things. As if sight was the only and most important human sense, the only one that we use to interact. That is so limiting and arbitrary! Not everyone works that way, there are people for whom hearing is a much more central abilities, others who are blind, others who can't obtain anything from a 'guided visualization', but give them the right olfactory trigger and they'll be riding in the air on black sheeps.

Now, I must say that I don't quite understand why anyone would want to see dead people, as in seeing with their own eyes. It happened to me a couple of times, I wasn't looking for it, and once it was just out wright creepy (woman staring at me and sitting on my legs while just staring at me in the creepiest way). The second time was much less upsetting, but equally creepy.
I have contacts with dead people on fairly regular basis, most often through little signs, but also automated writing, whispers in my ears, dreams and tarot. Our communications are quite structured, and I like it that way. I wouldn't want to live a life in which I can turn on (or suddenly jump into) a visual monitor that shows me the room is actually full of dead people. I don't need to see them, as I don't need to see the cake in the oven to know that it is there when I smell it, or I don't have to see the washing machine when I hear it running.

A little anecdote that covers some of the things discussed in the thread. Just after I left my parents' house, a spirit, of a woman, started lightly haunting the house. She wouldn't do much damage, just scary the dog and mostly appear to everyone who would sleep in the guest room (in which there is a large mirror overseeing the bed), hide things or move them around. At a point, she made her presence clear by moving a bunch of huge terracotta vases in the garden from different spots just at the center of it. My father even had to acknowledge that something was going on, as lifting one of those vases takes too strong men. The presence was acknowledged. My siblings gave her a name, and decided that as long as the manifestations would stop they were fine with her. They are all quite catholic, they just discussed this over lunch. I didn't move a finger, as since she was named there were no other significant manifestations, and no one saw her. Sometimes she would make herself noticed, and usually saying some nice things about her makes her stop. Eventually, it's become the funny story that my father loves to tell at family gatherings .

Ever since I was a little kid I've always just wanted to and/or been fascinated w/the ability to see them. Everyone keeps telling me that if/when I finally do, I won't quite be so excited about it anymore, lol! It's quite possible one of the reasons is bc I've lost a lot of very close family at such a young age, that I desire to see them again. It's also possible that it's kind of like how when you have one thing, you want another (like straight/curly hair, other physical features, etc.). I've always thought that the people who wished to be able to hear and see others' thoughts/desires and see their pasts, present or futures (amongst other things) were crazy, bc it's actually an enormous draining pain in the ass most of the time.....so basically I have this skill set and I feel the same way as you do regarding why people would want to actually see the dead.

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#55 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Any advice you can offer (or anyone else) for someone who has trouble focusing when scrying (as in literally w/their vision). I don't know if it's cause I wear contacts and/or I suffer from severe chronic dry eyes, but when I scry I'll do ok until I have to blink- and then it's like it resets and I have to start all over (like the pictures/imprints erase). I'll have a decent flow of images/imprints, etc. and then as soon as I blink, bam- it goes away. It's very frustrating! Do you think scrying on larger and/or specific objects would be better in cases like mine?

Ever since I was a little kid I've always just wanted to and/or been fascinated w/the ability to see them. Everyone keeps telling me that if/when I finally do, I won't quite be so excited about it anymore, lol! It's quite possible one of the reasons is bc I've lost a lot of very close family at such a young age, that I desire to see them again. It's also possible that it's kind of like how when you have one thing, you want another (like straight/curly hair, other physical features, etc.). I've always thought that the people who wished to be able to hear and see others' thoughts/desires and see their pasts, present or futures (amongst other things) were crazy, bc it's actually an enormous draining pain in the ass most of the time.....so basically I have this skill set and I feel the same way as you do regarding why people would want to actually see the dead.

To be honest, after I finished writing my post I thought : I haven't really lost any of my close siblings or best friends yet. I lost both my grandmas, to whom I was quite close. They are often with me, I know when they are there and they know how to make their presence acknowledged. I don't need to see them, I know they're there.
I wander if I would feel the same with my parents.

I'm sorry if I sounded bitter.
Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#56 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

To be honest, after I finished writing my post I thought : I haven't really lost any of my close siblings or best friends yet. I lost both my grandmas, to whom I was quite close. They are often with me, I know when they are there and they know how to make their presence acknowledged. I don't need to see them, I know they're there.
I wander if I would feel the same with my parents.

I'm sorry if I sounded bitter.
Aria

Oh it's ok- I didn't take it that way! See I can't feel that they're with me either. Maybe if I could at least feel that they were, I might be satiated.

Both sets of biological parents and grandparents are deceased (mother, grandfather, grandmother- I was especially close to her; loved her as much as my mom, close cousin, close aunt, and a sibling I all lost within 5 years of one another). Only one of them happened (my sibling) happened before I had my child....So pretty much this happened back to back the first few years of my daughter's life, and I was my grandmother's legal guardian the last two years of her life after grandpa died. She had Alzheimers and lived out of state, and that was really hard bc she was actually getting better! For a brief glimpse I thought I was gonna get to bring her back to NC (actually I WAS in the process of bringing her here), but then she died kind of unexpectedly. My daughter had just turned 4. That doesn't include the relatives to whom I wasn't especially close who've also died within that period of time and/or till the present.

Of course, they're probably screaming at me "I'm fucking here!! Why aren't you listening to me?!" They move things all the time in front of me and I've picked up my childhood nickname on a couple of EVP's; something only my biological father, mother, and grandmother would know. Plus, a friend of ours who does/can see the dead as if they're right in front of her like you and I, told my husband one night that one of the figures he's frequently seen for years (a darker spirit- or at least one that makes him very uncomfortable) is my biological father. I wasn't present at the time and I'd never really discussed my biological father w/her before either. I guess aside from something like that (a bit more "proof") I don't know how to discern who the spirits on the EVP are who mentioned my childhood nickname. And how can I be certain it's even a relative and not some mischievous (or worse) spirit/entity?

If you were as close to your grandmother though as I was to mine- and it sounds like you were, my heart really goes out to you Aria :hug: She was the one person who always made me feel like I was the most special person in the entire world, and I think to her, I was. I'm the oldest out of 5 kids, so it's not like I'm knocking my mom- bc that was an entirely different level of grief that has been worse in many ways (her being so young one of them, me being the only child from my biological father, the fact I took care of her while she was sick, and that she was a really great mom)- and even though she loved us all equally, there were 5 of us, lol. For my grandma, it was just me ya know?

#57 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

Try taking your contacts out :) I think Ravenshaw posted that a while back and it works great for me. Also, you've received the advice about trying for 20 min a day...that helps too and you won't wear yourself out. I've also heard using a red light helps you see the images, although I haven't tried it yet. The images will come :)

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#58 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

I have to admit I've been very hesitant to respond further to this thread in part due to the fact not sure how to put things into words to make it make sense to those who read it but haven't experienced what I am speaking of. Both from a viewing of spirits (the dead) capacity and a scrying capacity. TO be honest and in some ways don't want it to appear as if I am trying to one up or anything of that nature so I tend to drop out after a certain level.

For me seeing the dead takes two fairly distinct approaches. Many times I get a sense of being watched or touched and will actually see who or what it is that is trying to make itself known. To be honest I dislike it because lets face it when you get some of the extra gooey ones it's not a bucket of fun. Between smells, sounds, images, mental pictures we make ourselves they can really cause you to toss your stomach. One reason I used to hate it when I visited battle fields, hospitals or even scenes of wrecks.

Of course there are the other forms that show up that can freak you out but they don't tend to make you loose your stomach. The smoky form, the orb, the shaky looking light or the full form that looks like they are as alive as you are. Those are not to bad upon the visual though some aspects can still get to you, well get to me anyway.

The thing is for me that is visual and my eyes, ears, nose, skin all register that something is there. Sometimes directly in front of me, other times like the flickering shape in the corner of the eyes where you turn to look and its gone yet hold you focus away from it and you can see it pretty clearly. The majority of the time seemingly the forward frontal full view the least likely unless its the sudden in your face appearance. I recall my son telling me one night how he opened the bathroom door in our old house and there was a young girl standing there staring at him. Not much for it so he closed the door told her to go away them opened it again and she was gone. Entirely different from my wife and a friend who went outside to smoke and when they turned to go back on the porch the vapor form of a man's upper torso and head where floating on the stairs watching them. Yep that one scared the friend and unsettled the wife a bit. Yet we always knew they were around but seldom did they go to that level to make themselves seen.

Yet many times I found if I felt something near me the best thing I could do was close my eyes and try to see with the 3rd eye. Under that situation many times it was like looking upon a video screen that was almost a negative and like looking in a fog. Seldom did you see physical forms but you almost always saw "Lights" about you and could tell where they were. Sometimes really dull lights as if they were faded or you were seeing them from a long distance. Other times like a match that was struck in a heavy fog and it flickered and sort of smoked against the dampness and cold of the fog. Some actually hurt your minds eye as they were so bright it was like having a high powered spot light shined in your face and sometimes you could feel a heat source from them. The un-nerving aspect though it most times it looked like distant stars all about you with a lone star being real close and flickering to get your attention. Yet some places it would be like standing at a concert or such and many people flickering their lighter's all at once and you'd feel nearly overwhelmed and have to open your eyes to shake the influence.

Using the 3rd eye for scrying also ties into this. I tend to scrye using the 3rd eye with my eyes either closed (when I first started) or sort of a blank stare into space where your seeing but things play upon your eyes. Sometimes in color but many times almost a negative like imagery where you simply let it play. Try to hard to pull it out and the frame distorts and you start to force images to take shape. You also then have a habit of chasing the rabbit down the hole so to speak as you loose the film and get locked on trying to catch some aspect at the expense of the whole.

The more you use the 3rd eye to scrye with the more you condition your mind to project images upon your eyes, well behind them actually. To cause the mind to constantly be displaying things and you then have to actively focus in or tune it out. Yet can be dangerous in that it can occur under the most inopportune times, such as driving and getting trapped in the white lines on the road or certain rythmic sounds from your radio or television.

Since your training your mind to project things you also inspire it to show you things that normally might be beneath the noise floor of your daily life. So entities that normally pass unseen for the most part are picked up by your subliminal mind and frequently displayed upon your 3rd eye. Sometimes to make you take notice of them or reveal to them your aware as you stop to stare or turn to look. Other times to make you wonder just what the heck it was you saw as it was so out of the normal that you have difficulty processing it. Like some will-o-wisp that goes bouncing away from you or towards you and you simply do not know what to make of it or do with it.

#59 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

Try taking your contacts out :smile: I think Ravenshaw posted that a while back and it works great for me. Also, you've received the advice about trying for 20 min a day...that helps too and you won't wear yourself out. I've also heard using a red light helps you see the images, although I haven't tried it yet. The images will come :smile:

I don't know about helping you see images but it keeps your night vision from being fried. The military has used red lighting for years to aid us in getting our night vision and not be blinded when we step into the darkness. helps our eyes be adjusted to the minimum light and be able to pick out the weaker flickers of shapes and lights.

#60 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Perhaps, you just haven't found the best scrying medium for yourself yet.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, spirits, supernatural, entities, sex