• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

Ok so this actually a serious question I have- so even if you bust out laughing and shake your head in sheer amusement/dismay, pretty please still try to answer to me to the best of your ability if you have personal knowledge and/or a serious opinion. :crossfingers:

Unlike many of my fellow witches, I don't actually see ghosts, spirits, etc. I know they're real- I've seen things move before my eyes, gotten some pretty compelling EVP's, even a pic and video years ago (my husband did that one actually), and so on. But one of my psychic abilities just not particularly developed regarding the spirit world, as of now. Anyway, here's my question-

Can and/or do ghosts, spirits, and other entities see/watch us do EVERYTHING even if we can't see them? Specifically sex comes to mind. I'm pretty sure my deceased biological father and grandmother are frequent spirits in my home, and possibly my late mother as well. It kind of unnerves me at the thought that they could and/or have see me have sex or even any other private/personal situation and/or experience that I'd rather no one else see. :embarased:

For those of you who have gifted abilities/talents with regards to the spirit world, what are your thoughts on this? Can they see and/or access "us" at any given time even if we can't see or access them? Are they limited in any way regarding what type of info they can "access"? Anyone have any personal stories/experiences with this same sort of thing?

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#2 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

I don't see spirits of deceased people as much as I feel them, although I have had a couple of instances where the spirit has manifested to me in full-fledged human appearance.
I find this utterly creepy, and prefer more discrete forms of manifestation.

Re your question, I guess theoretically it could happen that spirits be present when you are having sex, but you seem to assume that they would see and be as voyeristic as people in flesh and blood are.
I don't think that is the case, unless you're dealing with something that is attracted / feeds onto sexual energy, which I don't think would be your usual dead grandmother. Unless, maybe, she had some particular knot of sexual repression that keeps her hanging around to her relatives bedrooms (which is a very bad thing for grandmas to do, during and after their life).

I don't mean to diminish your question in anyway, but try consider also the implications that the shame of being seen in one's private moments by parents/relatives is part and parcel of many people's adult sexual development.

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#3 Christine

Christine

Marsh Wiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

You wrote,"ghosts, spirits, and other entities" and this particular topic is one time that I don't find generalizations a bit useful. Yes there are some spirits that are attracted to people doing it. If it really bugs you then I guess you could put some better wards up, or just ask them to buzz off for a while. I don't know what the big deal is though, you might as well get upset if a squirrel happens to look in your window. If a particular ghost, spirit, or other entity is bothering you when you do... certain activities... then by all means teach that one a lesson. But you just can't go around worrying over what the incorporeal think about what we do, because you'll never get a thing done that way.
Don't drink from the river, drink from the well.

#4 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Things on other planes, above below and around, can like the energies humans put out. Food, drink, laughter, fighting, sex, etc. Anything that gives off higher energy can sometimes attract them more strongly, in my experience, so yeah.... Chances are, if the spirits are family, they respect your privacy. If they are around when you're having sex, they probably aren't watching for the same reason a living human would be watching, I imagine. You could always ask them to leave, perhaps?

I rarely see spirits on the physical plane. If happens, but is rare. I usually see them from my mind, or more likely feel them/hear them/ etc. and especially dream about them! My animals pick up on them much better than I can. Some people set up protections in their bedrooms against spirits anyway, because they are bothered by them so much at night.

And honestly, spirits are all around us all the time. We can pick up on certain energies better than others, but there are so many we cannot see... I wouldn't worry about it too much. Enjoy sex without worrying about who is watching, if they're watching sex they're watching more than that!

RSKHFMY

#5 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

In my experience, family members respect your privacy. Others maybe not so much. My father-in-law (who I never met in real life & had a reputation for loving the ladies) takes a peek every now & again when I'm dressing but I've never noticed him when we're making love. Then again, my mind is on other things... If someone not on this plane gets his/her/its jollies from watching two old folks go at it, well, I'm glad to have provided entertainment.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#6 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

I tend to think that we are in an ocean of spirits. It is filled with aware spirits of recently crossed who've not yet come to the barrier and crossed. It's filled with spirits who were once human but have detached from their humanity and even connection to human actions, energies, or resemblance to any of those. There are the spirits of the many other people's of the world that share this plain of existence with us. Figure the winged ones, the standing ones, the two legs and four legs, the fined ones, and the various elemental people's such as the stone people.

Yet like the ocean we enter it but seldom do we align with the beat of it and actually see who or what is observing us. Who or what is actually feeling us as our various energies envelope and expand about us like some cocoon that grows and retracts as our activities change.

Yet I personally think the odd's of being observed as we experience sexual union is actually pretty high. Figure of all the things we as human's do with the exception of actually giving birth none is filled with raw creative energy as the sexual union. For many it is the closest thing they can be part of and once again feel the subtle charge of being alive. But if one considers that evolution is also contained in any sexual union as our very DNA is charged and passed then it's like a beacon to many things. And like the fly who is drawn to the light so to are those spirits about us drawn to that light of sexual union.

I personally find pagans and occultist funny when I hear them speak of protections to keep intruders out. We tend to be very flat and one dimensional when we place protections about us. Never really considering any protection that is further away than your very skin is going to be like a piece of Swiss cheese and filled with more holes than the little boy with his finger in the dike could ever block. We tend to see time as linear and only a given segment present at any instance. Yet the spirit world seldom is restricted to our linear sense of time or our concepts of being able to "envelope" or block out little area's of it. Consider it's akin to you living in the city and trying to block out the smog simply by closing your windows. Yet while such actions may filter it some it can never block it all out and you still have to dust and clean to get the physical residue cleaned up. Equatable to how your water is filtered and such but the impurities can never be fully removed.

So in truth each of us is involved in an orgy every time we have any sort of sexual release. An orgy that will involve family, strangers and yes even our cats and dogs along with the mice and toads. That sensation of having your arse tickled during it might just be the house plant and its frond letting you known its spirit is there as well.

#7 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

I personally find pagans and occultist funny when I hear them speak of protections to keep intruders out. We tend to be very flat and one dimensional when we place protections about us. Never really considering any protection that is further away than your very skin is going to be like a piece of Swiss cheese and filled with more holes than the little boy with his finger in the dike could ever block. We tend to see time as linear and only a given segment present at any instance. Yet the spirit world seldom is restricted to our linear sense of time or our concepts of being able to "envelope" or block out little area's of it. Consider it's akin to you living in the city and trying to block out the smog simply by closing your windows. Yet while such actions may filter it some it can never block it all out and you still have to dust and clean to get the physical residue cleaned up. Equatable to how your water is filtered and such but the impurities can never be fully removed.

-----
I agree. If house cleansing rituals were complete and infallible, then why would anyone need to cleanse a house more than once?

[Edited for formatting]

Edited by ImamSua, 03 April 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#8 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Consider yourself lucky that you don't see or interact with them. Seriously. I know it's a Gift/Talent that a lot of people long for but it's not all it's cracked up to be. The Dead have more issues than the living - especially the ones that are stuck here.

Yes, sometimes, they watch. Sometimes, they let you know that they are there. A simple 'get the fuck out' usually works. It's your home. Claim your space and set the rules to your home regarding what you allow and what you don't. As the Mistress of your house - it's within your power do to that. If you have a particular spirit that won't behave even after you've 'laid down the law'. (wow! I'm full of horrible puns today.) We can talk more then. Usually, that's all it really takes.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#9 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Oh, almost forgot - there is nothing funny about your question. It's a serious one and most of us deal with it at some point. My Beloved's Dad loves to watch me get dressed. Phil used to like to watch me or my daughter shower. Right - like that went over well.

#10 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

If you're a witch with any level of practice, you're going to attract spirits to you and be surrounded by them at all times, regardless of what you do. My advice is always the same...for ancestors and other allies, have altars where you interact with them and tell them THIS is where we talk and interact, and then do so on a regular basis so they don't feel ignored. Don't keep working altars and stuff like graveyard dirt in the bedroom(I've been guilty of keeping it in the closet, learned my lesson there...).

But I'm very grouchy and particular about my personal space. I recently bitchslapped(her words) a friend of mine out of my sphere of influence whilst she was scrying on me in my sleep(lol, yeah, I'm even a bitch while unconscious), not that she didn't have reason to be doing so.

There are spirit-repellent items...river water, mothballs,salt, equal-armed crosses tied with white thread....removal and/or warding of mirrors...and such things...I mean, you can try to keep them out, but it won't keep everything out....but you can give it a whack, for sure.

If you really have an issue with spirits in your home, I would suggest you go to a graveyard(normal protocols here), peel a bit of bark from a yew(gloves, pls, I don't know if you'd be coming in contact with toxins doing this, but it's highly likely), and write out a letter/contract with the dead, signed in blood BRW, or whatever, and bury it under/near your front stoop. This should cause the cessation of a lot of problems, those not willing to abide by it being unwelcome...

Or, you can even hire some spirits to guard your premises and evict anything not welcome or called, but you have to pay them, and abide by the rules of that agreement.

Different ideas, with an increasing level of severity of personal responsibility, as you go down the list.

Anyway, GL!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#11 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Thank you guys so much for your personal insight, etc. I appreciate all the responses. Especially the ones who can/have interact with them (RR, Monsno, MW).

I don't worry or fret every day that I'm being watched- it's just the idea of relatives not being particularly appealing. We have a lot of spirit activity in our house (and that's the ones my husband knows about). He doesn't interact w/them, but he can see them.

It just really got me thinking about how much the spirit world overlaps with our own. Can they see us better/more often than we see them or is like us where it's come and go?

I've never put much thought into "protecting" my house from entities, spirits, etc. to be honest. I do my regular things, but that's mostly to raise the energy in my home, clear out the negative, etc. I'm not freaked out or scared like I feel I need to be protected from them, if that makes sense? I just became highly curious when I started thinking about it and that particular thought (relatives watching me have sex) wasn't really appealing to me- lol. If I ever get the thought in my head when I'm having sex or about to I'll just try y'alls suggestions and ask/tell them to respect my privacy.

Thank you RR for the validation of my question. At least you know when you're being watched :laugh: I honestly have no fucking idea. I just assumed they probably do and you know I don't know as much about the spirit world.

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#12 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

If you're a witch with any level of practice, you're going to attract spirits to you and be surrounded by them at all times, regardless of what you do. My advice is always the same...for ancestors and other allies, have altars where you interact with them and tell them THIS is where we talk and interact, and then do so on a regular basis so they don't feel ignored. Don't keep working altars and stuff like graveyard dirt in the bedroom(I've been guilty of keeping it in the closet, learned my lesson there...).

But I'm very grouchy and particular about my personal space. I recently bitchslapped(her words) a friend of mine out of my sphere of influence whilst she was scrying on me in my sleep(lol, yeah, I'm even a bitch while unconscious), not that she didn't have reason to be doing so.

There are spirit-repellent items...river water, mothballs,salt, equal-armed crosses tied with white thread....removal and/or warding of mirrors...and such things...I mean, you can try to keep them out, but it won't keep everything out....but you can give it a whack, for sure.

If you really have an issue with spirits in your home, I would suggest you go to a graveyard(normal protocols here), peel a bit of bark from a yew(gloves, pls, I don't know if you'd be coming in contact with toxins doing this, but it's highly likely), and write out a letter/contract with the dead, signed in blood BRW, or whatever, and bury it under/near your front stoop. This should cause the cessation of a lot of problems, those not willing to abide by it being unwelcome...

Or, you can even hire some spirits to guard your premises and evict anything not welcome or called, but you have to pay them, and abide by the rules of that agreement.

Different ideas, with an increasing level of severity of personal responsibility, as you go down the list.

Anyway, GL!

That's a really good idea bc I do have a separate place/space for my ancestor altar!! I should add the one who's here often, but I don't really know him well (it's my biological father and he died when I was 1 1/2, so I have no memory of him). You think I should add him?

And good to know about the graveyard dirt! I admit, I didn't think about that either....whoops. :embarrased:

#13 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

If it is a departed loved one, then just ask them to respect your privacy and stay in the living room (or wherever) or give them some sort of place to concentrate their energy that is in a central place in the home where they can be a part of everyone's lives, and don't need to go into your bedroom. I you have a time, say once a day, where you interact with them specifically, then they won't need to go looking for your attention in other places. They'll stay where they know they will get interaction. As for non-human entities... I don't think they care anymore than your dog cares when he follows you into the bathroom or bedroom. For us humans it is weird, but for the entity - they don't have the human-specific cultural awareness and associations of sex and/or using the restroom anymore than your dog worries about you watching him clean himself or lift his leg.

I won't sleep with an uncovered mirror in my room (why dresser mirrors became such a hot selling item is beyond me) but that's not due to privacy as much as due to safety. When I'm sleeping my consciousness is on a different level, and my body unprotected. So Id rather not sleep with a "door" to worlds there just asking for problems, lol.

M

#14 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

I don't mind sleeping with my dresser mirror in the room. It's the mirrors that have been used as portals that I don't keep out.

I have 2 hand mirrors that were passed down to me from my Grandmother. It took a little while to realize why she kept them rubber banded together with the mirrors facing each other when not in use.

#15 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Well shit.....The dressers on both sides of my bed have enormous mirrors attached!! :ohmy:

#16 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

lol - if you like them, keep them! It may just be me, but sleeping with mirrors creeps me out. I won't have a clown doll in the house either, they're just like too "eeek" for me. Mirrors and clowns... creepy things....

M

#17 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

lol - if you like them, keep them! It may just be me, but sleeping with mirrors creeps me out. I won't have a clown doll in the house either, they're just like too "eeek" for me. Mirrors and clowns... creepy things....

M

Clown's make for some interesting little construct figures to act as golem's or boundary guardians. I especially like the Milano Glass clowns as they have sharp edges that can cut quite easily if you grab them wrong or hastily.

#18 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

Well shit.....The dressers on both sides of my bed have enormous mirrors attached!! :ohmy:

Perhaps just me but I find it has to be an oval or circular shaped mirror to create gateways. You'd think square considering how they resemble windows and doors but for some reason those never click for me as gateways. Sort of like using a hand mirror to scrye with works better for me than a square one. Heck, even using a body of water I find it's better when its more oval or circular in shape than a square shape to act as a viewing surface. Not saying that will hold true for everyone but something I find for myself.

#19 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

----

How do you pay them?

I collected some spirits and assigned them to guard the entrance to my property, and it worked with great (and sometimes amusing) success. But I just realized that I kinda did a "set it and forget it" and haven't paid/fed/addressed them in a long time. How does one go about paying them? Is it similar protocol to wards, house guardians, etc.?

#20 Lilitia

Lilitia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I have found that my homies that guard the pick line of my home have a pretty good way of letting me know what they want in the way of payment. I didn't know what to give in the way of offering, so I just, well, asked.

I felt like I had been a bit of a dick asking them to do me a a favor by guarding and warding my home and family without being thankful. My home is more secure now, too, because of it. (I tend to come off a bit harsh, whether on the physical, spiritual, or virtual plane lol, it's just how I am, and didn't want my ethereal homies to take it the wrong way!)

I have one spirit in particular that loves it (and is very protective of me and mine) when I grow jasmine, so the stuff practically drips from my front porch.

Just ask them. I bet they will be thrilled that you did. :thumbsup:

Edited by RachelLiz, 06 April 2015 - 01:59 AM.

My mama used to tell me 'bout these
Broke, poachin' ass bitches in these streets,
So many people wanna see me fall,
Invite me to the table but don't want me to eat at all.... ---- Z'Ro the Crooked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, spirits, supernatural, entities, sex